• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea maybe if they're chocolate pennies

avoid like plague, terrible game

run away run run run away dont buy it

im serious tho, I hated it with a passion. Everything I hate about games in 2013 in one neat little package

well, for me it's one of the best TR titles to this day

SaveFerris

Neo Member
Getting my butt kicked in Dark Souls currently and hoping these might help fend some of them off.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SaveFerris, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread happy thoughts are fine.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nightsky #2 -- MB-B6BC491DEED842AD
Cogs -- MB-2454642805B397F4 - Taken by Pijnboompit
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-E6CFBAAB7A3E041C - Taken by pahamrick
Splice -- MB-A10D5EA5774C409A - Taken by Natty1
Nightsky -- MB-FD0CFA82F7776A64
Waking Mars -- MB-6575777DB1FF89A6 - Taken by 1337Sauce

The_Monk

Since I haven't said it already I would like to thank OP for making this fine Thread #2 with even more obvious quotes that every fellow GAFfer should go by. It's great to have a place to discuss this fine passion of us all.

Thank you kind sir.

Nimajneb

Guys I really wanna play Borderlands 2 but do you think it's worth half my budget for the sale? Will it get to 5€ soon?

66% is the lowest it will go this sale. It could hit 75% off during the Winter sale, but it won't go any lower than that. If you want it for 5€ you'll have to wait for the base price to drop, you could be waiting a awhile on that one.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Since I haven't said it already I would like to thank OP for making this fine Thread #2 with even more obvious quotes that every fellow GAFfer should go by. It's great to have a place to discuss this fine passion of us all.

Thank you kind sir.

Seconded, even the sir.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

Thank you kind sir.

well said, Monk.

You're an inspiration to us all.

and many thanks to Salsa for all the hard work and no sleep!

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Even on Steam? ... :/ Sigh. I don't really want BF3, because I hated that game.
It doesn't use stream works if that's what your asking. It uses punk buster, and community servers. Its really not Worth it IMHO. Only high point is sales when some people play. But other than that player count is usually below 500 on a good day

Dr Dogg

For the few people who don't own this already or couldn't afford/missed out on the daily deal...

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-B1055BE7BACE1385 - Taken by zychi

Yondy604

Banned
Is there a place to see how many people have got how many keys. Just curious (Seen a lot of the same names pop up o.o)

Also how many people have gave keys away?

TGMIII

Is the netcode in borderlands 2 better than the first? BL1 was pretty unplayable online due to the delay on shots registering.

Tempted by that RPG Maker discount. I know I'll just dick around with it for ten minutes and never touch it again, though, and I can do that with lots of cheaper games. :p

Omega

Banned
fuck. I hope Ys goes back on sale.

was on the fence about getting it but fell asleep.

edit - what game are we voting for btw?

It is cheering to see people still making good use of Modbot. <3 generous GAFers :).

I have not played The Witcher or its sequel but £3.74 seems like too good a deal to pass up, despite not knowing when I would get to it! :/

Oh and I now see that The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut is on sale for £1.74?! That is almost indecently cheap for what is clearly a substantial game! :eek:

However, may I seek some advice on the Witcher 2 please? The Steam game page says:

System Requirements: Requires file system support for files up to 8 GB

I don't understand what that means or how I would know if my system would run the game, in respect to that aspect. It certainly meets [exceeds actually] the Recommended PC System Requirements but that quoted text above is double dutch to me. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am a pc gaming noob :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom