• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephemeris

VZhbKfu.png

Boom. I win yet again.

Prophane33

So, are all of you ready to buy Kerbal Space Program at whatever price and then take 3 months to learn how to achieve orbit?

It took me around 3 days to achieve orbit regularly. Doing anything IN orbit (i.e. building a space station) or actually touching down or orbiting another object is the real issue.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
With the way these Steam votes have gone it's starting to make me question reality.

Is System Shock 2 actually bad? How did that ever win with the way Steam's majority votes?

Deadlight won because all three games had an equal price, all three games have been that cheap before, and zombies are popular. I liked Deadlight personally but the problems identified with Deadlight are not with the game's concept but rather its execution. All financial and strategic concerns being equal, people mostly vote for things that sound neat as opposed to things that are actually well executed, in part because most voters are low information voters.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Village

He's right. I don't replay very many games as I have a huge list of stuff that I have yet to touch. I put at least 20 hours into it. I just kept coming back, even after finishing every achievement.

I would like to, I am just on a budget ya know.
If steam keeps having shit daily sales though, I will have more than enough to buy it

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
rumors are the game with cards today will be DMC, we will find out in 15 mins tho

smr00

Banned
It's okay, but Mark of the Ninja is much, much better.
I don't disagree, i love Mark of the Ninja.

But i genuinely like Deadlight, i absolutely loved it on 360 and have been wanting to get it cheap on PC. If i didn't already have Mark i would of voted for it.

botlite

If you're interested in it at all then buy Fez. Don't look at a guide if you can help it and be patient. It's worth it. Lovely little game. Buy it!

Deadlight won because all three games had an equal price, all three games have been that cheap before, and zombies are popular. I liked Deadlight personally but the problems identified with Deadlight are not with the game's concept but rather its execution. All financial and strategic concerns being equal, people mostly vote for things that sound neat as opposed to things that are actually well executed, in part because most voters are low information voters.

All three games were not equal price in Steam's biggest region, Europe. In both the UK and the mainland Deadlight was the cheapest game.

I wanted OMD2 to win but half expected Mark of the Ninja to win, which I would still be okay with. But Deadlight? Didn't see that coming.

Hope OMD2 will come back for that price though, was looking forward to co-opping that.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can you guys do me a favor?

Go here and give Enhanced Steam a review.

Had a griefer that has been pestering me for the last two days post a negative review and it's really got my spirits down.

I'm very sorry to say I'm not going to opt into the Google+ nonsense required to post a review there :/ But if it's mostly about your own self-confidence, it's a quality product that has no real competitors, it has a lot of flexibility and you seem responsive to new requests and bugs, so what more can people ask for?

All three games were not equal price in Steam's biggest region, Europe. In both the UK and the mainland Deadlight was the cheapest game.

And that will further tilt things insofar as price plays a factor in the vote

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
It took me around 3 days to achieve orbit regularly. Doing anything IN orbit (i.e. building a space station) or actually touching down or orbiting another object is the real issue.

I've been playing since 2011 and I still haven't visited any of the other planets. I'm happy enough when I have three legs left after a Mun landing. The game does not reward a lack of patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom