• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

Done and Done.

cb5.gif

What can i say i like eye candy. Except in games like DD vs BT :D.

M.D

Posting again, please answer me :(

Is there a limit to how many cards you can get when launching a game (beside the limit for half the cards for each game)? I launched 4 games and got one card from all 4 games very quickly, but it's been over an hour and I got nothing new

Do I need to launch the games again to get new cards?

Toki767

Is there a limit to how many cards you can get when launching a game (beside the limit for half the cards for each game)? I launched 4 games and got one card from all 4 games very quickly, but it's been over an hour and I got nothing new

Give it time. Just leave it open in the background and you'll get your cards.

Idk about dropping $5.

It's the best $5 you can spend on this sale.

And be honest, 12 copies of Bad Rats aren't that fun anyway.

But seriously, search this thread for 'fez' and look at the impressions. Even last page:

Its a really, really, really special game. Pull the trigger.

Fez is a neat game. It starts off as a forgiving, imprecise and slow platformer with some very basic puzzles. But you find this increasingly vibrant world that makes it more like an adventure game. It's not a Metroidvania per se but you constantly hit walls that you can't necessarily figure out how to surpass, so you sort of spiderweb your way through the world map until you find a new clue or piece of info that helps you retroactively solve others. And then you beat the game...

But there's a lot more to it than that. After you beat the game there's tons more to do, and you haven't really beaten the game. Many puzzles require much more investment than that. Some rely on your real time. Some rely on codebreaking skills. Some rely on learning a new language--two, actually!. And then you beat the game again and it's :O :O :O holy fuck. It's an adventure game. It's not a platformer. Platforming is such a minor element.

And the plot, well it's not really a plot as much as it is a world that you seek to understand, is very intelligent. Fish and anyone who helped design it clearly did their reading and the game evokes a number of literary works that ponder the nature of dimensions, of space, of perception. Flatland most prominently (Flatland is out of copyright, if you haven't read it you should, it's free.)

I will say one thing... Fez is very satisfying when you figure stuff out and maybe a little dull if you look up the solutions and just do them. So if you are a compulsive FAQer, skip the game or bite down on your urge to do that. If you reach something you can't figure out, go do something else--chances are you're not meant to figure it out yet. Learn how to use the map system, look for rooms where you think you can do something. Don't ask questions to anyone. Take notes like an old adventure game.

And if your completion percentage is less than
203%
, keep playing. There are a few puzzles beyond that point but one of them is literally impossible to solve on your own and the other is asinine to the extreme. Neither are required for cubes
or anti-cubes
DOUBLE SPOILER THAT YOU SHOULDN'T READ UNTIL YOU ATTAIN THE COMPLETION PERCENTAGE MENTIONED EARLIER IN PARAGRAPH:
both lead to red heart cubes

And yeah Phil really needs to learn to be a nicer more empathetic person who controls himself better. Those traits don't contribute to the quality of the game he made, they just make him look and act poorly. It is a great game, a special game, and to me feels like the culmination of everything Indies have tried from Cave Story onwards. A real love letter.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

yes. multiple games launched they have tried fixing and after the first card drops u need to reload if your running multiple at once

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

The intended behaviour is that you are not able to get cards from multiple games concurrently. It works for some people but no one can help you with that.

For playing a single game, typically it's one card per 20 minutes to one card per hour or so. You can obtain the per-game maximum in one sitting.

So I never played System Shock 2 back in the day. Just started playing a bit today. It looks... surprisingly OK in game? Cutscenes are complete ASS. Does this have some sort of texture mods baked in or something?

That happens to me too. I think you only get one card for each game when you run them together and then they stop dropping.

Bri

OMD1/2 and Mark will be on either flash deal or daily, so no need to panic folks.

List of things you can do while waiting for them to show up:
- Purchase Deadlight
- Buy cards
- Sell Cards
- Gift games
- Watch Bob's Burger
- Idle games

Mugatu

I don't think so unless its a particular game that has that problem.

The drops are supposed to be random so sometimes they take a while. I've never had to relaunch a game for multiple drops.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm very sorry to say I'm not going to opt into the Google+ nonsense required to post a review there :/ But if it's mostly about your own self-confidence, it's a quality product that has no real competitors, it has a lot of flexibility and you seem responsive to new requests and bugs, so what more can people ask for?

Awesome, thanks. I had a user ask for a feature that would be superfluous and that very few people would use. I told him that it's open source software so he's welcome to modify Enhanced Steam to his liking but that I would not be making the change for the general release.

He got all bent out of shape and was being rude, so I blocked him on Github (didn't want the drama) and he left the bad review.

I don't quite understand the mindset.

By the way - you guys are awesome thanks for all of your kind words!

Mugatu

That happens to me too. I think you only get one card for each game when you run them together and then they stop dropping.

Ah, that makes sense. I usually do one at a time but last night I tried to do 5 of them and not a single one dropped anything over an hour's time.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Till now, always got by on my own. I never really cared until I met you...and now it chills me to the boneeee How do I get you alone? How do I get you aloneeeeee?

bonesquad

That's the problem I had. I'd get the first batch and then nothing. I gave up after that.

Copons

This doesn't answer my question. Or, does it?

I'm sorry, but it does...
Boosters drop rate is complete bullshit. I'm level 12 and got like 15 eligible games since June and never dropped anything.
People is waiting a first drop since forever.
It's just total randomness, nothing you can count on.

Heh, I was thinking "Joan of Arc" but that works too :).

They were my favourite group for awhile in my teenage years when they were in their pomp.

Can you guys do me a favor?

Go here and give Enhanced Steam a review.

Had a griefer that has been pestering me for the last two days post a negative review and it's really got my spirits down.

:( Don't be sad sir!

Firefox review coming up, once I've dug out my old sign in details.

You shall receive 5 Stars from me and you shall like it!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Will get Fez next time it's on sale. Have it on the 360 and can't afford to buy too many games I already own.

Is Witcher 2 worth it? It's an RPG in the same style as Fallout 3/New Vegas right? Only thing is I don't know of my file system supports files of over 8GB which apparently is required.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Awesome, thanks. I had a user ask for a feature that would be superfluous and that very few people would use. I told him that it's open source software so he's welcome to modify Enhanced Steam to his liking but that I would not be making the change for the general release.

He got all bent out of shape and was being rude, so I blocked him on Github (didn't want the drama) and he left the bad review.

If I may ask, what were his requests?

RetroMG

All right, in the last five minutes that it's on sale, I grabbed Fez. I owned it on 360 and enjoyed it, (though I didn't get anywhere near finishing it,) but I barely turn on my 360 anymore.

Tellaerin

Is that the fool who left the "The developer bans users who report issues he doesn't want to be reported" post? What an idiot.

Thanks for developing this and sharing it with everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom