• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingven

LTTP..

What did i miss..

5yEjbxGl.jpg

Im ready..

inky

Hmm, I'd like to think everyone already owns OMD2 and MOTN so Deadlight was the only logical choice to vote for.

Sykotik

Question: I just bought and dled FTL through Amazon (for some reason steam wont take my payment info) ... is there a way to play that game through Steam to get achievements and what not?

/pc noob

If you bought it from amazon, there was a choice between a standard purchase and a steam key purchase. I assume the standard one can't be activated through steam, and that would negate the ability to get cards and such. FTL doesn't have steam achievements, though.

Varg

Banned
Mark of the Ninja will probably end up being a close second behind FTL for your favorite new game that you got during the steam sale for those that grab it, it is a really exciting game.

Heard really good things about it, but im still on the fence. Bought 4 games so far in the sale but I really won't have time to play for the next 6 months, so im afraid to spend more. Probably will ask the wife to get it for me XD.

Lexxon

Rogue Legacyyyyyy.

Yeeees. I didn't know anything about it back at the $10 pre-sell. I'd probably jump on it at $7.50.

Even though I'd be pushing it up through the backlog.

Oh god. The backlog.

If I was sane, I'd wait for it to be $5 or under, or a Humble Bundle. But I am not.

having played it, the options are too minor (can't even change the resolution while in-game, what?) for it to be worth anything over five bucks.

It's nice to have and all, but they should really have either done something extra with or sell it at a lower price. It's just not a very good value proposition, imo. Despite workshop and steam intergration.
Thanks. Im gonna hold off for now. Though theres still 24 to make my decision.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm sure I'll post this several times in here, especially with the thread moving so quickly. Anyway:

Enhanced Steam is holding a Youtube video contest! Make a video about your favorite Enhanced Steam feature and upload it to Youtube (must be public). Send me a link to the video at contact@enhancedsteam.com to be entered into the giveaway.

A winner will be chosen on the 21st and will receive a game of their choice on Steam (up to $29.99). I'll contact the winner shortly after the contest ends to maximize their prize for the last day of the Summer Sale.

Good luck!

FINALBOSS

Banned
Deadlight? Fucking community.

Game blows and is terrible on PC..Can't believe the community didn't want Mark of the Ninja for 3+ bucks. For shame.

Deadbeat

Banned
Does anyone know what the Metro Last Light badges look like?
Deadlight? Fucking community.

Game blows and is terrible on PC..Can't believe the community didn't want Mark of the Ninja for 3+ bucks. For shame.
Be happy System Shock 2 even won. I was baffled by that alone.

Heard really good things about it, but im still on the fence. Bought 4 games so far in the sale but I really won't have time to play for the next 6 months, so im afraid to spend more. Probably will ask the wife to get it for me XD.

Just tell her you need some grocery money.

If you bought it from amazon, there was a choice between a standard purchase and a steam key purchase. I assume the standard one can't be activated through steam, and that would negate the ability to get cards and such. FTL doesn't have steam achievements, though.

Ah ok, so I probably wasn't missing much anyway. Thanks for the info.

louiedog

People already bought the good games at a higher price and are waiting for the big discounts to hit to buy the bad one?

That's how I do it anyway.

I voted for the one I have that everyone should play, not that bad one that I don't own on Steam and no one should buy.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Seriously I've been waiting for MotN for that price...now we all gotta wait for a flash sale :/ I've nothing but EXCELLENT things on that game. Deadlight on the other hand...is quite bad...and I own it.

What's wrong with the PC version?

Hiccups badly. Slow ass loading. It's really just a piss poor port of the 360 version.

Karu

Most people vote probably like...

Uh, 3,75€ okee...nice.... Mark of the Ninja, cool game!

Let's see...

Uh, 3,75€ again...not bad! Orcs Must Die 2 ... heard only good things!

Meh...Deadlight.... THREE BUCKS, GUYS!!! THREE BUCKS!!!

*vote*

LuuKyK

Sorry guys, I am part of the problem. :X

I voted Deadlight because I had no idea about any of those games, so I just chose one randomly.

FYC

Banned
I'm surprised by Deadlight because I hear so many poopy things about it but everyones loves MOTN and Orcs 2. Oh well.

25 minutes to new sale and EVO finals. What a glorious day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom