• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Remember Me is tempting but still not low enough, same with Kerbal. So, yet another day of nothing.

So adding Medieval 2 to my growing list of games to get after I pick up Gunpoint and Warband

---
Any games with combat and dismemberment? I don't always need gore in my games, but I find that it adds a visceral and raw edge to the gameplay. You're not just hitting with swords or fists, you slicing off limbs and decapitating enemies

Preferably indie or able to run on lower specs

Quiz time for keys: 20th Century Trivia Edition!

First, the prizes:
Question 1: Eets Won by nacimento
Question 2: Rotastic Won by intheinbetween
Question 3: Stellar Impact Won by Komedy (previous winner didn't want it).

So the questions:

1. In 1944, an assassination of Adolf Hitler was attempted and foiled. What was the codename for this failed assassination?

2. In 1912, the Titanic sank in the Atlantic Ocean. Almost two decades earlier, a book had been written that practically predicted the sinking of the ocean liner, and has been noted for its eerie similarities to the Titanic disaster. What was the full title of this novel?

3. In 1963, JFK was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald. Oswald, however, killed more than one person on November 22 - who was this person, and what was their occupation?

Please quote my post when you answer so that I may easily find it.

z2FQqAp.gif
omg sweet thanks bro. Heard cool things about it so far.

Kapow

Not that I know of, no. I'd recommend upgrading to the UE anyway, since the DLC is pretty amazing.

Its gonna take me a looong time to beat just the main game so i'll probably end up buying the add ons next sale. Hopefully the bugs arent too bad though

FACE

Banned
Just realized I've never played a single Assassin's Creed game. And I just built a brand spanking new PC two weeks ago. This should be good.

I can tell by your Baldur's Gate avatar that you are a gentleman of distinguished taste, so I'll warn you right now: No, it won't be good. It'll be mediocre, at best.

First, the prizes:
Question 1: Eets
Question 2: Rotastic
Question 3: Stellar Impact

So the questions:

1. In 1944, an assassination of Adolf Hitler was attempted and foiled. What was the codename for this failed assassination?

2. In 1912, the Titanic sank in the Atlantic Ocean. Almost two decades earlier, a book had been written that practically predicted the sinking of the ocean liner, and has been noted for its eerie similarities to the Titanic disaster. What was the full title of this novel?

3. In 1963, JFK was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald. Oswald, however, killed more than one person on November 22 - who was this person, and what was their occupation?

2- Futility, written in 1898 by U.S. writer Morgan Robertson

First, the prizes:

So the questions:

Edit: It occurs to me I probably don't have time to play any of these and should let someone more deserving take them.

nacimento

First, the prizes:

So the questions:

1. Operation Vakyria (Walküre)

Mordeccai

First, the prizes:

So the questions:

1) Operation Valkyrie?

73V3N

Banned

First, the prizes:

So the questions:

Operation Valkyrie

eyeless

First, the prizes:

So the questions:

2. Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
5 bucks for fallout ultimate edition what?! I bought even tough i'm so poor oh god but so much content for so little money oh god :/

Esqueleto

Banned
If you already own the game in steam, try to register it and it should come up with a message that you already own the game. If the key has been used, it will say duplicate key or some such.

It just says I already own it. I'm just gonna go through them and list them without modbot. Hope that's ok.

FACE

Banned

First, the prizes:

So the questions:

There were several attempts on Hitler's life in 1944, are you talking about the July 20 plot?

1. Operation Spark.

That was in 1940, no?

RC

Banned
I'm debating to get New Vegas. Wasn't a fan of Fallout 3 on the PS3. I gave up on it towards the endgame. Everything started looking the same, all those drab browns. And the story was pretty lackluster.

I don't know if New Vegas would be any better.

Yuterald

oqrycl9.jpg

I already have the game I was just bored.

lol! Good stuff! Love Silhouette Mirage. Are there any other old school 2D action game fans in here? How can you sleep at night without having at least ONE Treasure game under your roof, within reach, and ready to be launched at any given time? =D

EDIT: Ah, got some hits! Congrats Razorskin! I'll PM you. Thanks to those all participated. Because you all took the time to , I'll buy those who posted pictures up to this point a copy too!

gblues

Banned
Dear gaben,

Now would be a really good time to send me a booster pack or two. I'm $0.74 short for Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

Your pal,
gblues

OTOH, if anyone would like a game or games totalling $4.75 or less, I'll trade you for F:NV UE. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom