• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriitV

Had a look at my bank account, oh dear god what have I done.
Being a unemployed student is hard. Guess that's it for this sale.

Komedy

Neo Member
Quiz time for keys: 20th Century Trivia Edition!

First, the prizes:
Question 1: Eets
Question 2: Rotastic
Question 3: Stellar Impact

So the questions:

1. In 1944, an assassination of Adolf Hitler was attempted and foiled. What was the codename for this failed assassination?

2. In 1912, the Titanic sank in the Atlantic Ocean. Almost two decades earlier, a book had been written that practically predicted the sinking of the ocean liner, and has been noted for its eerie similarities to the Titanic disaster. What was the full title of this novel?

3. In 1963, JFK was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald. Oswald, however, killed more than one person on November 22 - who was this person, and what was their occupation?

Please quote my post when you answer so that I may easily find it.

1. Operation Valkyrie
2 Wreck of the Titan - was in the library of Titanic when it went down
3. J. D. Tippit - Policeman

Razorskin

----- ------
lol! Good stuff! Love Silhouette Mirage. Are there any other old school 2D action game fans in here? How can you sleep at night without having at least ONE Treasure game under your roof, within reach, and ready to be launched at any given time? =D

Dammit

*puts away genesis games*

Mupod

Third last option in the config tool. Huge performance hog. Better disable it.

I can run Witcher 2 with it on a substantially overclocked GTX 580, but I don't even like the look of it very much. And I prefer to have 80+ fps rather than 30-40 even if it's stable.

Freezard

Not that I'm aware of (and I am prety certain there is not one at all). It would be quite difficult to display the game's strengths in a demo. Have you played either The Elder Scrolls series or Fallout 3?

I have played Oblivion/Fallout 3 but didn't like em :( But perhaps NV is a bit more modern or faster paced? The beginning of F3 was just so slow and then when I got out I had no idea where to actually go lol.

gblues

Banned
I'm debating to get New Vegas. Wasn't a fan of Fallout 3 on the PS3. I gave up on it towards the endgame. Everything started looking the same, all those drab browns. And the story was pretty lackluster.

I don't know if New Vegas would be any better.

The story is better, there are 100% fewer subways to navigate, and you can use mods to remove the forced tint and enhance the landscape. I say go for it.

curlycare

I can run Witcher 2 with it on a substantially overclocked GTX 580, but I don't even like the look of it very much. And I prefer to have 80+ fps rather than 30-40 even if it's stable.
Yeah me too with 670, but as you say, the higher fps wins :)

Natty1

Those are keys i know iv'e used though.

Sorry should be more specific:
If it says "Product already owned" with text underneath that says "the steam account already owns the product associated with the activation code" then you have used the key.

I'll check what the message says when you haven't used the key.

Karu

Finished Hotline Miami, holy hell! What a game! Most def worth the 2 bucks! Will buy Part 2 eventually Day 1, for sure.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas are both great games. New Vegas is a better game but I think Fallout 3's wasteland was more interesting to me compared to the mojave. Decide based on the setting if you're really torn.

Almighty

Fallout NV + Fallout 3 or Fallout NV Ultimate Edition. Both is not an option

I personally enjoyed FNV much, much more then F3, but I was going to suggest both(F3 and FNV) until Slyjss posted this

The DLC is so expensive bought individually that you better buy Ultimate of GOTY Edition of either one and wait for the next sale for the other.

This is sound advice.

Get Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

FACE

Banned
Well thank you for saving me some money. Appreciated.

You're welcome.

To expand a bit, the AC series is chock full of repetitive side missions, the main missions aren't very good, either, and they don't make good use of the open world. The games have obscene amounts of hand holding and there's nothing interesting to do in the game world, unless you like collect-a-tons.

Yuterald

Razorskin & Franklinator; Not sure if you guys missed it, but...

EDIT: Ah, got some hits! Congrats Razorskin! I'll PM you. Thanks to those who all participated. Because you all took the time to post a game of theirs , I'll buy those who posted pictures up to this point a copy too!

DukeBobby

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Viking: Battle for Asgard -- MB-7A557DBC1C38C322 - Taken by xDEKOIx

It's actually not too bad, honestly.

Feeding time!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fallout New Vegas -- MB-09D3F27388CD8E64 - Taken by derExperte
System Shock 2 -- MB-F75DF361AF66A7A5 - Taken by FACE
Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie -- MB-524F3FFC05B93895 - Taken by Firehead

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Binabik15

I wanted Tomb Raider, now I have an additional 10 games in my backlog...I'll probably never (re)visit the older TR games, but hey, the first one might be one of or THE first pc games I finished. Got Dead Light as well.

Now the only thing left is not buying TW2 (but manual patching is hard :() and being bullied into finally getting The Walking Dead. I want a great sale on that, though.

German-GAF: Wanted Sniper Elite: Zombie Army, the description says that only Swastikas are removed and the gore is in, is it?

You're welcome.

To expand a bit, the AC series is chock full of repetitive side missions, the main missions aren't very good, either, and they don't make good use of the open world. The games have obscene amounts of hand holding and there's nothing interesting to do in the game world, unless you like collect-a-tons.

I remember being so optimistic about that series future after playing the first one.

Esqueleto

Banned
Sorry should be more specific:
If it says "Product already owned" with text underneath that says "the steam account already owns the product associated with the activation code" then you have used the key.

I'll check what the message says when you haven't used the key.

It's the same message. I know it used to say it though unless they changed it recently?

If there is anyone left who doesn't own Fallout New Vegas, or isn't a big fan of the genre/series, $2.50 is an incredible price. I've put in 160+ hours into that game, and have only actually finished it once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom