• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

If there is anyone left who doesn't own Fallout New Vegas, or isn't a big fan of the genre/series, $2.50 is an incredible price. I've put in 160+ hours into that game, and have only actually finished it once.
There are a lot of people who don't own it yet I'm sure.

Sini

So how do the cards drop now?
One friend who just started idling for cards got all the cards from 4 games in two hours. But my other friend has been idling 7 games at once for 22 hours and has gotten only two cards from half of the games so far.
Anyone?

Razorskin

----- ------
lol! Good stuff! Love Silhouette Mirage. Are there any other old school 2D action game fans in here? How can you sleep at night without having at least ONE Treasure game under your roof, within reach, and ready to be launched at any given time? =D

EDIT: Ah, got some hits! Congrats Razorskin! I'll PM you. Thanks to those all participated. Because you all took the time to , I'll buy those who posted pictures up to this point a copy too!

Thank you!

xDEKOIx

I've won a few giveaways, time to give out some more games again :] Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Leviathan: Warships -- MB-69C2851ABB3C8ECF - Taken by Mugatu
Gun Monkeys #2 -- MB-D144557B5B7107F2 - Taken by PriitV
Gun Monkeys #1 -- MB-47C1DFEE7BB571BF - Taken by chugen

What game is this and where do I buy it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhRNO6EZmRA

This is the only Treasure game I own, but at least it's something!

3tb93rS.png

I own that, plus downloaded copies of the first Sin & Punishment and Gunstar Heroes.

Thanks again for the latter, jshackles!

bender

What time is it?
I know this post will get buried, but for those who have not yet bought Fallout: New Vegas:
  • The Ultimate Edition is $4.99
  • The DLC is totally worth it
  • If you're still hesitating, you should rethink your life
For those who have not yet played Fallout: New Vegas:
  • The essential "fixes bugs but doesn't reinterpret content" mod is MMUE
  • The game is built on a shitty Bethesda engine that's prone to crashing on machines with more than one core. This page will mostly fix all that (ctrl+F "iNumHWThreads").
  • F5 is quick save, just in case the game still crashes on you.
  • Charisma is a dump stat-- spend skill points on the skills it governs instead of raising it (unless you really want the Animal Companion perk, which doesn't do very much).
  • There is no wrong way to play or build your character. You'll need to play a few times to see everything, so don't fret about having a "perfect" game.

Thanks for that. New Vegas is tempting at that price. For those who favor NV over 3, is it mainly for the story, characters and dialog? I've only play 3 and by the end, grew tired of mechanics.

Firehead

You shouldn't take stuff if you don't know what it is, unless says mystery game. There could be/probably is someone that has that on their wishlist.

Rather, I know what it is, it's just that I've not good things about it at all. Still, I'm intrigued by it and would like to play it. :)

Natty1

It's the same message. I know it used to say it though unless they changed it recently?

Yea, I'm getting the same message so I guess I'm wrong. After some Googling, it seems there is no way to know for sure if you haven't kept track of which keys have been used unless you give the key to someone else to try. I suppose you could try giving them away anyway with a warning that they may be used, but maybe ask a mod to be safe.

Grief.exe

So as someone with NV ultimate already is it worth double dipping on FO3 for PC at $5?

I'm asking myself the same question, but I'm inclined to do it.

If you guys have reservations, than grab the base game at $2.50.

Pick up the DLC during another sale if you feel inclined.

I usually operate around the fact that the vast majority of DLC is not worth your time or money. I know some of the fallout 3 DLC is decent though.

Bii

NBA 2K13, vanilla Fallout 3 and New Vegas are mine. I was considering the GoTY and Ultimate versions but I really don't play DLC for games much.

Had a look at my bank account, oh dear god what have I done.
Being a unemployed student is hard. Guess that's it for this sale.

Same here. Well, I do have a summer job, but that money is going towards more important things. :p

I've gotten more than I anticipated, though, thanks to some very generous fellow GAFfers.

I have written their names down, and owe them a debt I shall one day repay. Until then, however...

neogiftdsww.gif

Tenrius

Opinions on Hitman: Absolution. Yea or Nay?

I played through it when it was on PS+ and it turned out to be a more or less decent 3D thrill ride with great graphics, but nothing special. And of course it's not a proper Hitman game, since it's practically a straight-up linear cinematic action-adventure game, which is a big step away from the rest of the series, which are more like puzzle sandboxes.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
If you guys have reservations, than grab the base game at $2.50.

Pick up the DLC during another sale if you feel inclined.

I usually operate around the fact that the vast majority of DLC is not worth your time or money. I know some of the fallout 3 DLC is decent though.

I would recommend FO3 Goty just because of Broken Steel and the
ending change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom