• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
if you are poor and desperate sell em, if not , craft em for fun, the card market has tanked so bad that i feel foolish idling in Alan Wake to make 40 cents total ( im poor and desperate lol)

cards arent what they used to be

TheContact

Lol well I bought Torchlight 2 a few days ago on sale, I know it would have been a daily eventually (it's hopefully going to win the flash sale) but it was still worth it. Here's to hoping it gets the flash vote

Still can't believe the Might and Magic franchise pack didn't come with Shades of Darkness, seems somewhat dishonest of them :/ Oh well, here's to hoping for the best in terms of a refund.

Yondy604

Banned
Lets do something for fun.

BEST GAME YOU GOT FROM THE GIVEAWAY MOD BOT (or through PM'S)

Darksiders II

BEST GAME YOU GAVE AWAY THROUGH MOD BOT (or through pm's)

Borderlands 2

Chris R

Still no PM back from ModBot :( Either I did it wrong or it is clogged up. Going to give it a few more mins before I just post the gift URLs

Toki767

Darksiders II

Borderlands 2

McPixel was the only thing I got from Modbot.

Best game I gave away...I dunno. Maybe Rogue Legacy. Or The Witcher 2.

LQX

Should I bother with making badges, or should I just sell all my cards?

Make badges for games where if you need to complete the set you are only 2-3 cards away from getting them. Sometimes it is worth it as something crafted might be rare. I sold Shogun background for $3. Took me only 40+ cents to complete the set after my drops.

AHA-Lambda

Just noticed but in case anyone is interested Kentucky Route Zero is on sale through the developer's website at 25% off; it seems to work out cheaper through there than on Steam directly. Plus buying through them gets your a Steam key anyway plus the OST.

Salsa

Darksiders II

Borderlands 2

I prefer those who give gifts not to brag about generosity

stealth gifting!

Mairu

In the case of Super MNC - it was a closed beta/alpha that they invited people in with gift passes in before it went public for free. So if you had guest passes to give out from that beta/alpha, they're just dead weight in the inventory now because as people have posted - you can't accept the gift because as a free to play game, you already own it.

cicero

is deadlight any good?
Honestly, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't bother with it at this price. I got it in that fantastic Amazon MS bundle along with 4 other games, including Mark of the Ninja, for only $5. So for $1 it was ok, maybe. I would rather just buy FTL or System Shock 2 for myself, if I didn't already own it, or as a gift for a good friend. I mean, come on, Fallout New Vegas is currently only $2.50, there are too many other good games out there to bother with Deadlight for $3.74. You might as well give it to a hobo on the street who goes out of his way to tell you he is definitely spending your money on cheap rotgut wine even before you hand him the money.

Ephemeris

Oil Rush through PM

FTL / HOTLINE MIAMI (tie)

Sianos

The Last Remnant

Hotline Miami

whitehawk

Banned
lol I still can't decide between Tomb Raider vs Collection. I would probably only ever touch Legend, Anniverary and Underworld. Rest would go unplayed. But $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom