• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

System Shock 2 at $2.50 was probably the surprise sale for me. Game was just released on Steam recently, they could have easily gotten away with 33/50% off.

Bought a couple copies to gift later on.

Chocobro

Hey guys, I need some opinions. I am Steam level 9 and sold a lot of cards, which choice should I go for?

1) Buy a few cards (4 Faerie Solitaire cards is about 45 cents) and craft a badge to level up to 10 and get future chances at getting foil cards to sell?
2) Sell the Faerie cards for ~55c total

BEST GAME YOU GOT FROM THE GIVEAWAY MOD BOT (or through PM'S)[/B]

Jamestown and DYAD (which I will eventually win before the sale ends)

BEST GAME YOU GAVE AWAY THROUGH MOD BOT (or through pm's)

NOT TELLING
Too slow for these giveaways, the only thing I've won was English Country Tune, during beta testing

And best games I've given away were McPixel and Death to Spies 2

Autofokus

Hey guys, I need some opinions. I am Steam level 9 and sold a lot of cards, which choice should I go for?

1) Buy a few cards (4 Faerie Solitaire cards is about 45 cents) and craft a badge to level up to 10 and get future chances at getting foil cards to sell?
2) Sell the Faerie cards for ~55c total

2)

There aren't any restrictions getting foils (anymore).

liezryou

BEST GAME YOU GOT FROM THE GIVEAWAY MOD BOT (or through PM'S)

FTL

Awesomenauts

Although next time i win something i am going to be giving away something kinda nice (i think).

liezryou

Not really a confirmation until WB or NRS say something :p

Well people said the same thing about MK9, and voila :p. It's coming mate, the MK9 was a trial run for porting fighters to PC, and it sold like balls to the walls, so they are porting injustice.

Trust me on this one

TheExodu5

Banned
BEST GAME YOU GOT FROM THE GIVEAWAY MOD BOT (or through PM'S)[/B]

Jamestown and DYAD (which I will eventually win before the sale ends)

NOT TELLING

BEST GAME YOU GOT FROM THE GIVEAWAY MOD BOT (or through PM'S)

Bad Rats

Sleeping Dogs

3phemeral

is magic 2014 worth it?.

Im new to magic but i heard they are doing boosters.

I pretty much have the same question. I actually didn't know this existed until you posted it. I've been looking for something like this for a while now because my partner loves this sort of stuff. I try to learn the actual cards from time to time, but card management would be so much easier if we could just play it digitally via LAN due to our on-the-go schedules.

• BEST GAME YOU GOT FROM THE GIVEAWAY MOD BOT (or through PM'S)
The Witcher 2​

• BEST GAME YOU GAVE AWAY THROUGH MOD BOT (or through pm's)
Bioshock 1 & 2​

catabarez

Well people said the same thing about MK9, and voila :p. It's coming mate, the MK9 was a trial run for porting fighters to PC, and it sold like balls to the walls, so they are porting injustice.

Trust me on this one

No I believe it will happen, I just want them to confirm it.

Retne

is magic 2014 worth it?.

Im new to magic but i heard they are doing boosters.

It really depends on what you're looking for. It does have sealed play but you'll have to clear your save to have more than 2 pools from what I've seen. If you plan on playing online make sure to get the DLC since it will more than likely contain cards that are way better than your average deck.

All in all if you have a friend you want to play it with it's worth it IMO. It makes it a lot more fun. If you're just playing against the AI and learning it's a cheap way to do it since Magic is a pretty expensive hobby on MTGO or with paper cards.

Personally I find the interface to be a little too showy and I don't like the timer system they have in the game. I generally prefer MTGO to it but it's so more expensive it's hard to recommend. If you want to you can download the MTGO client and play with starter decks for free against other people who are trying it out. You can play them endlessly too.

Yondy604

Banned
It really depends on what you're looking for. It does have sealed play but you'll have to clear your save to have more than 2 pools from what I've seen. If you plan on playing online make sure to get the DLC since it will more than likely contain cards that are way better than your average deck.

All in all if you have a friend you want to play it with it's worth it IMO. It makes it a lot more fun. If you're just playing against the AI and learning it's a cheap way to do it since Magic is a pretty expensive hobby on MTGO or with paper cards.

Personally I find the interface to be a little too showy and I don't like the timer system they have in the game. I generally prefer MTGO to it but it's so more expensive it's hard to recommend. If you want to you can download the MTGO client and play with starter decks for free against other people who are trying it out. You can play them endlessly too.

how do the booster system work for magic 2014

Tecl0n

Trust me on this one

But MK was part of the almighty list that leaked early this year, and achivements were found soon after, injustice only has that strange sighting. (KOFXIII being in that list as well) Not to say i don't believe, i also think it's only a matter of time.

liezryou

No I believe it will happen, I just want them to confirm it.

I demand the first fight from you when it does. Mano a Mano [that is to say superman vs superman].

But MK was part of the almighty list that leaked early this year, and achivements were found soon after, injustice only has that strange sighting. (KOFXIII being in that list as well) Not to say i don't believe, i also think it's only a matter of time.

You are my second fight son. Green Lantern vs Green Lantern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom