• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

I want Gunpoint but I hope more people can play and enjoy Torchlight II fellow GAFfer. It's really good.
I want more people to experience the uniqueness of Gunpoint.

There are a million good isometric loot RPGs, Torchlight II isn't special at all. If Torchlight II does end up winning it should be a buy for anyone who hasn't played it, though, it is good.

Turfster

seems like microsoft is becoming the new EA

Well, to be fair, devs have started moving away from the cancer, and microsoft are killing it themselves since the 360 gen is ending. Of course, they'll probably try something similarly horrible for stuff that was Xboner-based.

Glix

Well, to be fair, devs have started moving away from the cancer, and microsoft are killing it themselves since the 360 gen is ending. Of course, they'll probably try something similarly horrible for stuff that was Xboner-based.

Regardless....

They should pull it out of the games that use it then. So fucked up.

derExperte

Why does Time Gentlemen, Please have a racism-slider in the options and what does it do? And why can't I pull it all the way to the left? I want 100% racism.

Mairu

hooray!
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Monday Night Combat -- MB-448E15346D43D220 - Taken by chugen

Good to see that other people want Gunpoint to win, looks really interesting.

I really want Portal 2, but I wanna save my Steam wallet for the rest of the sale... Anyone want to trade for a Deus Ex: HR key?

Fireblend

Banned
Unfortunately, it does not work.

Got an error. So Im gonna gift it 2 friend and him gift it back 2 me and see if it works.

Actually it gave me two for some reason, steam is going crazy

Dude, it's a free game. Just download it off the store page. I thought people were aware of this.

Why does Time Gentlemen, Please have a racism-slider in the options and what does it do? And why can't I pull it all the way to the left? I want 100% racism.

Finally, does the racism slider actually do anything in Time Gentlemen, Please!?
"I'm afraid it does nothing, it's just a joke. TGP felt like the sort of game that should have a joke slider in the Options menu - originally it was a 'funniness' slider that wouldn't go above 30%..."

From here.

MikeDown

Banned
And I agree w/ you, it is just interesting how there always has to be some company or corporation that people collectively have to hate. Ubi Activision EA Microsoft in reacent years

Turfster

Regardless....

They should pull it out of the games that use it then. So fucked up.

That would imply them caring.
Some devs care (see indications that bioshock 2 and arkham might lose their GFWL soon), but I wouldn't hold your breath for everyone to do it, sadly.

And I agree w/ you, it is just interesting how there always has to be some company or corporation that people collectively have to hate. Ubi Activision EA Microsoft in reacent years

Eh, lots of people (me included) have hated Microsoft since the start of GFWL ;)

You speak lies sir. I will not tolerate your slander. I challenge you to a duel!
I speak truths. I'm almost finished with it (on 4-1 or so) and it's become insufferable.

It tries to push out poor design as being "NES Hard," more specifically, the enemies and combat really drag the game into the dumpster.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

From this interview

Finally, does the racism slider actually do anything in Time Gentlemen, Please!?
"I'm afraid it does nothing, it's just a joke. TGP felt like the sort of game that should have a joke slider in the Options menu - originally it was a 'funniness' slider that wouldn't go above 30%..."

boop

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-817DD4E5D8F0E47B - Taken by pahamrick

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I speak truths. I'm almost finished with it (on 4-1 or so) and it's become insufferable.

It tries to push out poor design as being "NES Hard," more specifically, the enemies and combat really drag the game into the dumpster.
So far nothing I have seen has been bad design (up to 3-1 or 3-2); it's just intentionally hard. It's always obvious to me what they want the player to do, it just takes a lot of skill.

Worst thing about the game is I'm getting a blister on one of my thumbs from it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom