• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay Member! :p

So... is that Deadlight that bad? Or people are just mad because it won the vote?

Ok... that did hurt. Maybe it's not best game for you, but HL2 isn't nothing, hehehe.
Shit, sorry man. I was thinking keys from PMs and ModBot. My apologies, didnt mean to offend you. Half Life 2 has been awesome. I'm missing it though (on vacation, no laptop)

Baust

Hey everyone. I mentioned before that I was planning a big giveaway, and here it is! Well, Round 1, at least, out of 5 rounds. I was considering doing this giveaway since the beginning of the sale, but receiving Tomb Raider last night cemented this decision.

Anyways, as I said, there will be 5 rounds. The first two rounds will have what I consider to be the high-demand stuff, but they will have more rules in place. The third and fourth rounds will likely have no rules and have a range of popular and low-demand games. The fifth round will be a special mini-round.

Notes/Disclaimers:
- If a game isn't taken in its round, I'll just move it to one of the later rounds so more people have a shot at it.
- These are Steam keys that I've collected over the years via different overlapping bundles. My record-keeping for trades and previous giveaways has been pretty good, so I'm 99% sure that all of these keys are unclaimed and will work fine. Of course, considering the time span and the number of keys, there's always a chance that I may have missed something. Also, let me know if I accidentally sent ModBot a malformed key.
- Magicka Collection is from the old Amazon Plentiful Paradox bundle, so it's missing a few of the more recent DLCs (Gamer, Other Side, Stars are Left) for Magicka.

Good luck everyone, and Round 2 will be posted in a few hours.
Nice giveaway! There's a lot of strong titles in there.

CoLaN

Hey everyone. I mentioned before that I was planning a big giveaway, and here it is! Well, Round 1, at least, out of 5 rounds. I was considering doing this giveaway since the beginning of the sale, but receiving Tomb Raider last night cemented this decision.

Anyways, as I said, there will be 5 rounds. The first two rounds will have what I consider to be the high-demand stuff, but they will have more rules in place. The third and fourth rounds will likely have no rules and have a range of popular and low-demand games. The fifth round will be a special mini-round.

Notes/Disclaimers:
- If a game isn't taken in its round, I'll just move it to one of the later rounds so more people have a shot at it.
- These are Steam keys that I've collected over the years via different overlapping bundles. My record-keeping for trades and previous giveaways has been pretty good, so I'm 99% sure that all of these keys are unclaimed and will work fine. Of course, considering the time span and the number of keys, there's always a chance that I may have missed something. Also, let me know if I accidentally sent ModBot a malformed key.
- Magicka Collection is from the old Amazon Plentiful Paradox bundle, so it's missing a few of the more recent DLCs (Gamer, Other Side, Stars are Left) for Magicka.

Thank you :D

Megasoum

Banned

Notes/Disclaimers:

Awesome, I got Wizoprb/BT Runner, GSB and Jamestown... Thanks!

73V3N

Banned

Notes/Disclaimers:

Didn't take anything but wow, that's great!

Dambrosi

Banned
Is La Mulana any good? I am in a indy buying mood
Oh, it's very good. It's also very retro, and extremely hard. It's like a 2D Dark Souls crossed with Pitfall and classic Castlevania. It's a real MAN'S game. Buy it if you think you're hard enough. Etc., etc., so on and so forth.

Thanks for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planets, Zero-Crescent!

Had to change my password because I hadn't logged into steam in a while. Now I can't sell cards until Wednesday for some moronic reason.

Not that I have any of value.

Acccent

One question regarding FEZ - is there point of no return somewhere?

No. You can go back or continue, and if you continue there's a good chance it will lead you back to where you came from anyway. There's just this whole world that you can explore in any way you want.

MrGerbils

Notes/Disclaimers:

Awesome, Bastion! thanks so much!

statham

Notes/Disclaimers:

Thanks for Magicka!

Digoman

I own it and it's pretty horrid.

Couple of bucks saved then. Thanks!

Shit, sorry man. I was thinking keys from PMs and ModBot. My apologies, didnt mean to offend you. Half Life 2 has been awesome. I'm missing it though (on vacation, no laptop)

Relax, I thought so. I was just joking ... Probably not that clear on a message board :)

Oh, now that was mentioned, which is GAF's favorite classic:
Deus Ex or System Shock 2?
That's just mean. Deus Ex is probably the better game, but SS2 is my favorite. Something to do with the theme... (and space ships).

Notes/Disclaimers:

Thanks for Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery!

liezryou

So all you guys talk about classics, but what was your first ever game you played on computer?

I think mine was the original command and conquer. Good times.

Karu

Sent you a PM, but a second time won't hurt anybody: Big thanks for Cave Story+!! =)

Anyone wanna give me a few trading cards in exchange for a Doom 3 BFG? key?

If you want a Sleeping Dogs foil card, and a Dead Island Riptide summer sale card I'll take it off your hands. If not, then I'm sorry but that's all I have. I've sold all my other cards.

EDIT: Everytime I leave the forum there's always a huge giveaway I miss :(

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So all you guys talk about classics, but what was your first ever game you played on computer?

What was that game where you were a gorilla throwing bananas at another gorilla? I loved that shit when I was a kid.

I traded in some old games at Gamestop, expecting to get $20 or so. Ended up walking out with $80 in wallet codes. Too bad I did it after Metro is already gone :/

Hofmann

No. You can go back or continue, and if you continue there's a good chance it will lead you back to where you came from anyway. There's just this whole world that you can explore in any way you want.

Thanks,
there is no map for this world I'm in right now, so I just wanted to ask to be sure

73V3N

Banned

I think it was Age of Empires... sucks to see the HD version not going any cheaper than what it is now.

Vodh

Sup GAF! Hope I didn't miss any absolutely crazy deals during the past 20 hours?

But more importantly, Sanctum 2. Is it better than 1? I enjoyed it, I generally like TD genre very much, but at this price point I'm kind of on the fence. Would have grabbed it without thinking if it was four quid, but for six I feel the need to consult you.

Also: God please, let gunpoint win! Or at least feature it in some kind of flash/daily.

liezryou

What was that game where you were a gorilla throwing bananas at another gorilla? I loved that shit when I was a kid.

I traded in some old games at Gamestop, expecting to get $20 or so. Ended up walking out with $80 in wallet codes. Too bad I did it after Metro is already gone :/

The fuck gorillas?

MikeDown

Banned

Notes/Disclaimers:

wow that is awfully generous of you gag has great community

3phemeral

It was in elementary school during the 4th or 5th grade. We played a game that taught us about Greek mythology. We had to climb a tower to reach Pegasus, if I remember correctly. Shortly after that, it was Carmen San Diego. And then in 6th, it was Oregon Trail. :)

Mayyhem

Just picked up Fallout: New Vegas for $2.50. Been meaning to get it for Xbox 360 but there wasn't a sale nearly as low as this

edit: How is deadlight btw? worth it for $3.74?

First time using the market and I was able to sell three cards for around fifty cents. Made just enough to purchase the Tomb Raider collection and The Witcher 2.

So awesome :)

I think it was Lode Runner, or Miner 2049er. It was on this oooooold Texas Instruments computer that had a monochrome green monitor.

MikeDown

Banned
Sup GAF! Hope I didn't miss any absolutely crazy deals during the past 20 hours?

But more importantly, Sanctum 2. Is it better than 1? I enjoyed it, I generally like TD genre very much, but at this price point I'm kind of on the fence. Would have grabbed it without thinking if it was four quid, but for six I feel the need to consult you.

Also: God please, let gunpoint win! Or at least feature it in some kind of flash/daily.
much better they fixed all the glitches from fiirst one sanctum two is much more shooter focused Wichita is great cause one you. Could ideally sit buy and stuff relying on towers I highly refolded it forgive my spelling I'm Lon an kindle right now at a bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom