• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

scurker

Argh. So Torchlight 2 is an amazing game, but it's been on sale a bunch. Shouldn't everyone own it by now?

I hope that Gunpoint comes up during a flash sale/daily or else I'm going to be pissed.

Ephemeris

I said it before, I said it again.

Torchlight is going to win. Gunpoint will win last place. Don't starve will be in the middle.
HydkU.gif

At least it wasn't in last place >_>

Digoman

The swapper has cards...flash deal incoming.

I've wanted to buy it for a while, but I dunno, just feels a bit dirty and wrong. Been on the internet way too long...

Downloading it now... don't even want to know how much bandwidth I wasted downloading games to get cards.

Hope it gets some decent attention. It's a great game.

Cth

Concidering how often Torchlight II has been on sale in Steam during this sale and previous sales, is there anybody who wants it but hasn't bought it yet?

Maybe, maybe not. Got too much to play, but my daughter'd love to play it.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Is it wrong that I voted for TL2 hoping that it would get cards, since I already own it?

I don't know why you guys are surprised, the writing was on the wall on how these community votes would go when Dishonored lost to BL2.

ugh still peeved about it.

RS4-

I am so burnt out of TL2. Probably my fault since I was just annoyed with how D3 turned out, so I ended up playing TL2 for maybe 2-3 weeks straight and hit level 85 or some shit and haven't played since, until today when someone on steam was asking me about equipment.

Shit isn't easy. I'm just focusing on getting my rockets into space. But you have to use the peak/low point to do anything (such as getting further away from the Earth or coming back to Earth). I hope when the game does release, they have a much better tutorial.

I just launched a poor Kerbal endlessly into space. He is now orbiting the sun when I wanted him to orbit Kerbin. It looks like his orbit crosses Kerbin, so maybe in a few hundred years he might land. Poor Fredwise Kerbal.

SlickVic

Pretty sure Torchlight 2 has never gone down to $5. It may go on sale a lot, but this is at least the best sale for it. Much better than Borderlands 2 constantly going on Steam sales but costing more than GMG.

The_Monk

Sell me on Torchlight 2, GAF. I hate Diablo and the mechanics of Borderlands 2 and every other loot game.

Go.

You can have a Pet. That pet will sell your items when you want. It's great to avoid keeping your Inventory full.

Low on Potions, Scrolls? Sent your Pet to Town with a buying list and he will get it for you!

Is there any sense for me to gift a friend with NBA 2K13, considering NBA 2K14 will be out soon? Right now, he is playing with a pirated copy and I want to give him an original one, hopefully converting him to the legit side once NBA 2K14 is out.

Makarov Cubone

Neo Member
I find it a bit sad that the game never took off. I stopped playing shortly after launch because I think the game needed a bit more content and polish, and I guess other players agreed.

Yeah, they definitely left beta prematurely. It seems that for an F2P game to succeed it needs to keep a constant flow of content going, either from the developer, or from the community. When they taper off their own output to nothing, and are adamant about not allowing the community to have the tools to make its own content, it really feels like they strangled their chances for success in the cradle.

BadAss2961

Is there any sense for me to gift a friend with NBA 2K13, considering NBA 2K14 will be out soon? Right now, he is playing with a pirated copy and I want to give him an original one, hopefully converting him to the legit side once NBA 2K14 is out.
Since he's already pirating, I doubt he'll go legit for 2K14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom