• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

I won't buy Torchlight 2 because I'm sure it'll be on a future Humble Bundle like the first one and I still won't get around to playing it.

Sorian

Banned
Wha- ? Torchlight II?! It's confirmed to be a daily, people.

I might bite on The Swapper if it's at least 50% off. I already have a DRM-free version but, you know, cards.

That was my thought process for double dipping on FTL, fuck.

That and having a legitamate excuse for playing the game with no unlocks again

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Considering buying Hitman. Good game?

Awful. In my opinion. Horrible disguise mechanics. Bad shooting mechanics. Only finished 3/4's of it and couldn't push myself to end it. Lazy story. Meh.

In my opinion.

DukeBobby

Awful. In my opinion. Horrible disguise mechanics. Bad shooting mechanics. Only finished 3/4's of it and couldn't push myself to end it. Lazy story. Meh.

In my opinion.

The shooting mechanics are the best thing about the game, in my opinion. The game plays very well as a shooter.

Ugh, that is not something I should be saying about a Hitman game.

Cru

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Doom 3 BFG -- MB-B1A9BA9DFF446E88 - Taken by Natty1

Eusis

Gunpoint looked interesting, but a game like Torchlight 2 had to be there so of course it wins instead.

... I should get around to playing that sometime.

Sorian

Banned
The shooting mechanics are the best thing about the game, in my opinion. The game plays very well as a shooter.

I only feel like my purchase was redeemed because of (area and crazy costume spoilers)
the fact that I could prowl around a cornfield in a scarecrow outfit, no one lived

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
The word "missed" is missing. "He accidentally missed some sales" seeing how the Dishonored vs. BL2 was several flash sales ago, I think. That about cover it?

Of course I saw Dishonored lose to BL2 in the community vote...

But I'm talking about Dishonored going on sale as a daily/flash...

liezryou

So i have three games sitting in my inventory that i would like to sell in order to fund my steam summer sale binges. I'll sell them for the lowest sale price steam has ever had them on:

Dead Space Pack - 10$
Unreal Deal Pack - 10$
Showdown Effect Digital Deluxe (Includes Giftable Copy of Magicka) - 5$

I predict if these games do go on sale on this sale they probably will be the same amount, so anyone who wants it quicker just message me or something.

I really don't agree about that last part, you have always been able to shoot your way through a level in HItman. In fact, it was always incredibly easy to do so. It just controlled like shit while doing so, there is no real issue with making the controls more fluid and making what is a viable option more fun to play.

Acorn

A little warning about Doom 3 BFG for AMD users, I bought it there and it crashes when loading a level. From what I seen through google the latest drivers from AMD messed it up.

DukeBobby

I really don't agree about that last part, you have always been able to shoot your way through a level in HItman. In fact, it was always incredibly easy to do so. It just controlled like shit while doing so, there is no real issue with making the controls more fluid and making what is a viable option more fun to play.

The problem is, it doesn't play very well as a stealth game.

I'd like to have both options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom