• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

I actually played War Z for awhile.. Its really not that bad. If you dont feel like messing with Arma 2 and the mod and all that bull.. its an easy alternative for 3 dollars.

Having said that, the game grew stale and the devs never came through with their original promises. (cars, housing, etc).

esai

so i have a list of keys i have not used but im not sure about one of them. is there any way i can check if its been used? its for x-com and i already have the game.

Blah.. Swapper doesn't have Xbox controller support.

I hate trying to use a trackpad for these games. Hope I have a spare mouse around the house.

Too much precision required from what I've played. Would be an exercise in frustration to attempt using a 360 pad.

Voted for Infestation-Z.

A couple friends picked it up last time it was on sale and said it's dumb fun, despite being bad. The current price of $7.50 is too much, but $3.75 seems alright.

Flowette said:
Evoking memories of classic puzzlers such as Portal, Lemmings 2 and Desert Island Dizzy, Bad Rats touches they grey matter like few other titles can. To call it a "game" is to undersell it entirely, it is an epic contest pitting your wits against the computer's, man versus machine. This sleeper GOTY candidate never garnered the critical acclaim it so richly deserved. Pick it up today and treat yourself to the classic that nobody's heard about.

TheGreatGatsby said:
Perhaps the greatest indie game of all time. Truly, Bad Rats encourages the user to extend their cognition beyond that of which they've been fond for so long; it is a mentally stimulating game unlike any other, to compound intelligence and entertainment into a single package. Stunning, absolutely.

Auburndusk said:
Perhaps one of the most overlooked gems of our age, Bad Rats will challenge the player on mental and physical planes which he was hitherto unaware of. It will stimulate the senses and rouse the mind from slumber, and the affectations of its apparati upon the soul of the common man cannot be under-adulated. This is a game that should be discussed amongst all the most erudite of circles. Whenever the question is raised "Can video games be art? Can they rouse the soul, inspire us to a higher purpose?" Bad rats answers with a resounding, glorious "Yes!"

SlyguyTheCritic said:
Bad Rats is an excellent, strategic physics puzzle game which presents an intriguing narrative, a slick, and stylish aesthetic, and addictive gameplay. Highly reccommended.

Blatanikov said:
Simply briliant. I love this game.
It provides hundreds of hours of hardcore puzzling gaming with this Rats.Also, my name is blatanikov and this is my review.

GarryNewell said:
Way back when I was a wee baby, there was a saying amongst the other babies in the village: "euugghhhffffppth." It was commonly said to reassure each other that when you least expect it, the prey can easily become the predator, and the predator can become cat meat, thus is the pivotal theme of Bad Rats, one of the most influential games I've had the pleasure of experiencing.

No game has captured the ever-shifting dichotomy of the predator/prey relationship quite like Bad Rats. This game takes the classic 'cat and mouse' trope and flips it on its head by putting you in control of a band of rebellious rats fed up with their place in the food chain.

The physics are very realistic, almost to a fault, but serve a thematic purpose in their variability, which is that radical movements don't always go as planned, and in a 'david and goliath' situation like the one in Bad Rats, even the forces of the universe are working against you. Plus, the rats look like real rats, at least the ones from my childhood, and the marriage of realistic visuals and complex physics really help to immerse you in the game's universe.

Bad Rats is an undeniable triumph in interactive narrative, and even overcomes the classic story-game pitfall by also being fun to play. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll discover things about yourself, and with its bargain price you have no excuse not to play this gem.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bad-rats/user-reviews

Stimpack

I just got home, and I can bump whatever I want brosef

bumpit1fxcc.png

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Castlevania for the winter sale

Almost certainly PES 2013. They wouldn't hype up Homecoming and Castlevania isn't out for a month. Could be MG Rising but I highly doubt they would drop it during a sale.

Castlevania would be exciting to me but obviously that's not what it will be early in the morning hours. I don't give a rats ass about PES so this is a non event for me.

sunnz

Voted for Infestation-Z.

A couple friends picked it up last time it was on sale and said it's dumb fun, despite being bad. The current price of $7.50 is too much, but $3.75 seems alright.

Totally honest.

WARZ is bad, BUT if you play in a team, get together and do the good old team work, it really can be fun and enjoyable.

Just teaming up and taking over a town or even the airport, taking out zombies, looting or just attacking anyone you see and sharing the loot you find and stuff was pretty enjoyable.

Alone? best not to buy it,

Gonna play with a group? Not really that bad of a purchase.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
so i have a list of keys i have not used but im not sure about one of them. is there any way i can check if its been used? its for x-com and i already have the game.
Want me to check it for you?

there's no refunds, sorry :p

I've been waiting for Dead Island Riptide this whole sale and it finally shows up... for $20. I know the game just came out but $20 isn't anything to get excited about. Either it goes down further or I'm just not gonna get it on PC and just buy it on PS3.

I still got my hopes riding on a Defiance discount again, at least that game I know will be reasonably priced. It was $13 before so that's pretty great for an MMORPG.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

If you think you might have used it, there's a roundabout way to check:

Steam -> Change user -> Retrieve account info -> I don't know my account name -> I remember the product code I used

Unfortunately, the form doesn't actually validate the key (you can type in gibberish and still get the "An e-mail has been sent" message), so you'll have to keep an eye on your inbox for a password reset e-mail. If you don't get one, then the key is likely still unused.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
You know I've been thinking about the whole steam cards thing, and I think I've realized a strategy:

All card prices are declining on a curve with time. I only want a few badges myself: FTL, Euro Truck Sim 2, and Civ V, and maybe Skyrim. So I think if I just sell all of my badges that I earn as drops now, like sell them the instant I get them for the best market price I can, then most likely I'll be able to buy them all back for far cheaper at the end of the sale, and probably have money left over to buy the remaining cards I need to at a far reduced price.

The only way this plan could fail is if the prices go up towards the end of the sale, but with the amount of cards on the market increasing with time I just don't see that happening.

Am I mad? Or is this a decent strategy?

smr00

Banned
Totally honest.

WARZ is bad, BUT if you play in a team, get together and do the good old team work, it really can be fun and enjoyable.

Just teaming up and taking over a town or even the airport, taking out zombies, looting or just attacking anyone you see and sharing the loot you find and stuff was pretty enjoyable.

Alone? best not to buy it,

Gonna play with a group? Not really that bad of a purchase.
My friends only play wow so I guess I will skip it.

Rafy

Steam -> Change user -> Retrieve account info -> I don't know my account name -> I remember the product code I used

Unfortunately, the form doesn't actually validate the key (you can type in gibberish and still get the "An e-mail has been sent" message), so you'll have to keep an eye on your inbox for a password reset e-mail. If you don't get one, then the key is likely still unused.
good one Jase never thought of that.

You know I've been thinking about the whole steam cards thing, and I think I've realized a strategy:

All card prices are declining on a curve with time. I only want a few badges myself: FTL, Euro Truck Sim 2, and Civ V, and maybe Skyrim. So I think if I just sell all of my badges that I earn as drops now, like sell them the instant I get them for the best market price I can, then most likely I'll be able to buy them all back for far cheaper at the end of the sale, and probably have money left over to buy the remaining cards I need to at a far reduced price.

The only way this plan could fail is if the prices go up towards the end of the sale, but with the amount of cards on the market increasing with time I just don't see that happening.

Am I mad? Or is this a decent strategy?

They all should level off. The only ones I can see going up are the summer badge cards.

Onionkid

Oh man, all my card-bearing games are used up! I need a good, cheap game to get my fix and I'm looking at They Bleed Pixels. Anyone have positive/negative opinions on it? Pretty sure that's supposed to be good, right?

Turfster

You're crazy mang.

Just watched the trailer for The Swapper. That stuff looks athmospheric as hell! Any reccomendations from anyone that has played it ?

Playing it now. It *is* atmospheric as hell, and a fun puzzler.
Don't get it if you only care about making money on the cards, though.
They managed to crap up the market in half an hour.

Oh man, all my card-bearing games are used up! I need a good, cheap game to get my fix and I'm looking at They Bleed Pixels. Anyone have positive/negative opinions on it? Pretty sure that's supposed to be good, right?

It's pretty good. It's Super Meatboy combined with melee comboing/juggles. I also recommend Super House of Dead Ninjas for a cheap fix.

You're crazy mang.

Just watched the trailer for The Swapper. That stuff looks athmospheric as hell! Any reccomendations from anyone that has played it ?
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/31/wot-i-think-the-swapper/

The Swapper is an exceedingly focused game, and while I wanted to reach out and touch its lushly handcrafted vision of a nearly dead space, the puzzles really were the stars of the show. It is, then, an exceedingly deft mix of style and substance, one that stays just as long as it needs to before bidding you adieu and letting your smoking synapses drift off into a well-deserved cryoslumber. It’s not a long game, but it’s one that will consume you for its entire duration – mind, body, and soul. Then it’ll make you wonder if any of those things are really “you” at all.

esai

just use modbot and the winner will try and use it
i dont want to give some one false hopes. i guess a bad rats key could be a consolation prize

thanks, but this wont work if i originally bought the game from steam and the key i have was from the bioshock infinite bundle on gmg will it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom