• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSlek

Is the community market down or something? I can't purchase cards right now.

Edit: Fuck. I know what happened. I changed my payment option from my wifes debit card to mine. Locked me out of the market until the 21st.

Rafy

i dont want to give some one false hopes. i guess a bad rats key could be a consolation prize

thanks, but this wont work if i originally bought the game from steam and the key i have was from the bioshock infinite bundle on gmg will it?

it will work because you will not get an email meaning the key was not used on your account. they check for a key not a game if I am not mistaken.

Playing it now. It *is* atmospheric as hell, and a fun puzzler.
Don't get it if you only care about making money on the cards, though.
They managed to crap up the market in half an hour.

I'm only a half hour in but The Swapper is awesome so far. Getting strong Super Metroid vibes from the level design.

Thank you guys. I think it's a buy then!

Also having played Gemini Rue and loving it, does anyone have any reccomendations for any great point and click adventures ? (Preferably in the same setting as Gemini Rue, Noir Science Fiction, that is, but any other reccomendations is also very welcomed.)

Thanks for taking your time to answer everybody !

Zia

"Hm, not voting for anything Dead Island. Blech. Left 4 Dead 2 is perpetually on sale. I'll vote for this thin... oh no, oh no... shit."

I'm sorry.

Whools

"Hm, not voting for anything Dead Island. Blech. Left 4 Dead 2 is perpetually on sale. I'll vote for this thin... oh no, oh no... shit."

I'm sorry.

same thing happened to me, nah riptide is only meh, l4d was already on sale, wait what is that game, i cant read the font, oh well guess ill just vote for it im not getting any of them, wait a second NO NO NO NO!!
I'm so sorry everyone

Digoman

Am I mad? Or is this a decent strategy?

I don't know what will happen at the end of the sale... Right now the summer cards are so cheap that I don't think anyone is crafting other badges for that, so the once the sale end and a lot people stop playing attention to cards there will be less supply. But I don't know if we're going back to levels after the beta.

Also... we all complain about others undercutting our prices, then turn around and wait for the -75% discounts on games :)

Just watched the trailer for The Swapper. That stuff looks athmospheric as hell! Any reccomendations from anyone that has played it ?

Totalbiscuit did a video about it that should give you a good idea. It's a puzzle game where you manipulate your copies to progress. Very beautiful and yes, very atmospheric. Great indie title that don't try too much and it's not too long (about... 4 hours .. I think).

So, I personally really liked and highly recommend it.

People with notebooks should know, from the specs:
Additional:INTEL HD GRAPHICS DEVICES ARE CURRENTLY NOT SUPPORTED.

Terra_Ex

Thank you guys. I think it's a buy then!

Also having played Gemini Rue and loving it, does anyone have any reccomendations for any great point and click adventures ? (Preferably in the same setting as Gemini Rue, Noir Science Fiction, that is, but any other reccomendations is also very welcomed.)

Thanks for taking your time to answer everybody !
Beneath a Steel Sky, Bladerunner, Primordia might float your boat.

Moving away from sci fi/noir trappings, Resonance, Blackwell series are very good as well, check out http://www.wadjeteyegames.com .

Also, the GAF point & click thread will serve you well http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506077

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
thanks, but this wont work if i originally bought the game from steam and the key i have was from the bioshock infinite bundle on gmg will it?

If you bought BioInf through Steam using your own account, then you wouldn't have used the key yourself, so, no, it's of no use. What Valve needs to do is:

- Update the product activation form to prioritise the "Duplicate code" error message over "You already own this game". This would allow users to easily check if a key has been used, provided they already own the game in question.
- Update the password reset via product code form to validate the nominated key. This would allow users to easily check if a key has been used in cases where they don't own the game in question and would rather not risk registering it to their own account.

FINALBOSS

Banned
lol chill out dude, im not talking about you. Im just saying I dont really care about making public what other people gift to others, I ussually post what others give myself here to show how generous they are, but I wouldnt post a screenshot of me gifting something to someone else, that's between me and that dude.

but yeah, it wasnt against you. I feel like you're talking everything way too personal, I was commenting on what you proposed, not on what you yourself are doing.

you caught me :(

Fight fight fight

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you bought BioInf through Steam using your own account, then you wouldn't have used the key yourself, so, no, it's of no use. What Valve needs to do is:

- Update the product activation form to prioritise the "Duplicate code" error message over "You already own this game". This would allow users to easily check if a key has been used, provided they already own the game in question.
- Update the password reset via product code form to validate the nominated key. This would allow users to easily check if a key has been used in cases where they don't own the game in question and would rather not risk registering it to their own account.

I've talked to Valve about this, as well as about web-entry of codes. They seem to have 0 interest in doing this.

RedSwirl

Oh shit. I bought a $20 steam card for some of these games I plan to buy, but I just realized half of them are price-matching their Steam sales on their official websites.

What to do...

I failed so bad this sale. My strict price limits were:

Rogue Legacy (33%)
BIT.TRIP Runner 2 (60%)
The Swapper (60%)
FEZ (75%)
X-COM (75%)

But so far I already bought 3 of them at higher than my limit...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've talked to Valve about this, as well as about web-entry of codes. They seem to have 0 interest in doing this.

Yeah, I've long thought about firing off a ticket to Support or e-mailing someone at Valve directly, but ultimately assume it'd just fall upon uninterested eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom