• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zia

How the FUCK is TL2 not on OSX yet :lol

Yeah, I was about to grab two copies for the BF and I, but we only have a Windows partition on one of our computers so I decided to skip. Doesn't seem like they're working on a port at this point.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
After debating kerbal for hours I decided to pick it up. I can't wait anymore and I want to build rockets now.

RedSwirl

How many of you guys buying some of the games at their official websites? All the indie games seem to be price-matching their Steam sales.

Plasmid

I've been gone all day, should i buy any flash sales besides the poker one? Definitely getting the sequel as i loved the first one.

TUSR

Banned
Yeah, I was about to grab two copies for the BF and I, but we only have a Windows partition on one of our computers so I decided to skip. Doesn't seem like they're working on a port at this point.

I run bootcamp on my rMBP, and decided to pick up TL2 while I was studying and install it so I can take a break later tonight and I naturally assumed that it was built for OSX and Windows.

PS: Props for the name and the avatar. Bastion was my favourite indie this gen.

Beneath a Steel Sky is free on GOG... Strange.. I don't have to pay for it but I have this weird feeling that I must spend my money. What have you done GabeN what have you done !?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
How many of you guys buying some of the games at their official websites? All the indie games seem to be price-matching their Steam sales.

Official websites don't accept my trading card cash, so it's Steam for me.

I still really hate how WarZ just changed their name to avoid the bad press.

I almost voted for it too thinking it was some kind of indie zombie game.

Lexxon

I did Swapper just now. The only reason not to do that would be to get more of the Summer Sale trading cards (the ones you get for each $10 spent), or if you want the item in your inventory and not in key form for trades or other reasons.

I'd rather have the DRM-free copy (even though I'll probably never use it) and giving more money to the dev.

EDIT: Oh yes, and Steam Wallet for the card-tradin' fools! I inadvertently locked my account until Friday when I added my CC since PayPal was failing left and right when the store was being hammered. No card fun for me :(

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Can anyone else not add Splinter Cell Conviction™ Deluxe Edition to their wishlist? It says "Oops, sorry!" everytime.

Zia

I run bootcamp on my rMBP, and decided to pick up TL2 while I was studying and install it so I can take a break later tonight and I naturally assumed that it was built for OSX and Windows.

PS: Props for the name and the avatar. Bastion was my favourite indie this gen.

High-five! It's a special little thing.

so one dude has three background of one, and two others, and sell them that 40 cents and 27 cents respectively when he is the only one who has these....

and he's only level 24.

Where the hell is your bussiness sense.... gawd. (it's nice he's trying to be a good guy and all, but seriously, nobody will blame you for trying to make a good profit. oh well. )

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah, I've long thought about firing off a ticket to Support or e-mailing someone at Valve directly, but ultimately assume it'd just fall upon uninterested eyes.

If I ever do get hired there, it'll be something I'll definitely be pushing them to change.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
That's like $8 a game. What are you buying?

Oh no. He's probably buying games that aren't daily deals/flash sales/community choices. He's a lost cause.

so one dude has three background of one, and two others, and sell them that 40 cents and 27 cents respectively when he is the only one who has these....

and he's only level 24.

Where the hell is your bussiness sense.... gawd. (it's nice he's trying to be a good guy and all, but seriously, nobody will blame you for trying to make a good profit)

These people on the Steam Market continue to baffle me. It's as if they hate free money.

Any thoughts on the Total War Grand Master Collection? At $41 it is a bit pricey but that seems like a heck of a value considering the amount of content. Never played any of them but they look great. Gonna grab one of the demos to give one of the games a shot first obviously. Just looking for some general thoughts both on the value and if it'd be overkill grabbing the bundle over, say, just Total War Shogun 2.

DrTeflon

Só I logged on steam today and found out I got civ IV out of the blue. Does anyone know why? Since I already have it I'll give it to modbot when I get back on my pc

hom3land

Almost at $10 from selling cards. Its like free money! But, now everytime I want to buy a game, I see it in terms of cards. Fallout New Vegas at $2.50 is cheap! But thats a hell alot of cards.

And just noticed it doesn't have cards, so I wouldn't even get any ROI from it.....

Terra_Ex

Só I logged on steam today and found out I got civ IV out of the blue. Does anyone know why? Since I already have it I'll give it to modbot when I get back on my pc

The new Civ5 expansion went on sale when it wasn't supposed so they gave out the basic version of the old game as consolation/commiseration for ppl that bought it full price I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom