• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

hom3land

10 more Steam keys to give out! Same disclaimer as last time (99% sure that all of these will work/are unclaimed, let me know if the key was accidentally malformed in the process). Sorry, but I've gotta go for a few hours, so I won't be able to make a post congratulatory post if/when everything's been claimed. So, to the people who claim them: Congratulations in advance!

I'll be back with Round 3 either tonight or tomorrow morning!

Thanks!! Darksiders is a game I've had multiple times, and always end up giving it away. Will definitely hold onto this copy.

With regards to Total War, I'd say Shogun 2, Rome and Medieval 2 are the best in the series. Empire had great concepts but was too ambitious, thus it became bogged down by technical problems and bloat. I haven't played Napoleon, so I can't say anything about it.

For what it's worth, my first Total War was Shogun 1. I bought it as a blind buy because I wanted a strategy game and it looked cool. The game was awesome enough for me to hardcore research Japanese history and now I love it. I've played every Total War as they were released (again, the exception being Napoleon), and I'd say at this point, the three I mentioned are the ones worth playing. And soon even Rome won't be worth playing because Rome 2 is coming out this fall. Between Shogun 2, Rome and Medieval, it's pretty much a "Pick which setting most appeals to you" fair, though personally I think Shogun 2 has the most polish. A lot of people complain about lack of unit/clan diversity, but I didn't mind it much since to me, the tightened focus on one culture in a civil war makes up for that. You get to explore the more minuet differences that aren't obvious in Shogun 2.
I'm probably going to choose either Medieval or Rome. What are the differences (beside time period)? And which would you say is the overall better one?

Ephemeris

Seriously, Steam, cool it with the dupes.

stahp9hbav.jpg

3 drops. 3 Owls. :(

I know that feel.

I got two roosters. Want to trade?

r3n4ud

10 more Steam keys to give out! Same disclaimer as last time (99% sure that all of these will work/are unclaimed, let me know if the key was accidentally malformed in the process). Sorry, but I've gotta go for a few hours, so I won't be able to make a post congratulatory post if/when everything's been claimed. So, to the people who claim them: Congratulations in advance!

Thanks for World Of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, EDGE :)

Grief.exe

That System Shock 2 background is pure sex

p3ofxrggBYsFaZ7tw4cZXx821Xf8UAvL0adN9ydhUfhucSg94TxDmaWwghPl51fVEiPMZKkSSdPaqlDvJmJQ_2N1O33_NFCbpO3OFfytSdJYcJI_9E4UiY2nEKU_JkT4OihpMaJvAZ6lqtBKu_oVkBJ1w2WiGxTF0qUQoWhwQf4hdig1

They missed the boat with Arma2. Now that DayZ standalone is announced, it looks like 66% discount is not even enough to put it on first page top seller.

DayZ Standalone doesn't have a specific release date. Nothing has changed there.

It should be out in the next few weeks though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Crayons

Banned

Thank ye very much.
I'll activate it tomorrow since I'm on mobile.

DaBoss

Thank you for NightSky.

Ionic

I know how the system works and it's $3 more expensive. KSP is an early access game in a niche genre. Clearly they are using it to promote Early Access by manipulating the Top Sellers list. Very obvious.

Given the amount of popular Youtube content that has been made focusing on Kerbal Space Program, I would not be surprised at all to see it selling better than many of the AAA games today. The kind of games that offer a lot of experimentation, discussion, and opportunity for video content seem to be doing really, really well lately. For example, Minecraft, Terraria, Don't Starve, and DayZ. I think Kerbal fits in with that group.

Thanks for Chime!!! <3

Thanks!

Terra_Ex

To reiterate my previous question:

Is Shogun 2's DLC pack worth bothering with or should I keep the $5 for Fallout NV Ultimate?

Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai add new campaigns, the latter is more worthwhile than the former imo. Aside from that it's just factions that the devs decided to strip away from the main game to sell to you later, you'll be fine with just the main game really.

Given the amount of popular Youtube content that has been made focusing on Kerbal Space Program, I would not be surprised at all to see it selling better than many of the AAA games today. The kind of games that offer a lot of experimentation, discussion, and opportunity for video content seem to be doing really, really well lately. For example, Minecraft, Terraria, Don't Starve, and DayZ. I think Kerbal fits in with that group.
I love KSP. I took it on my last ship deployment, as one of the few DRM-free games I had. (before it was on Steam) When my Steam failed, it provided tens of hours of entertainment to me and some of my friends. We all played together in a little cramped 3' by 12' aisle and watched each other fail miserably. Great memories.

Prophane33

Hotline Miami cards have already well and truly tanked in price. There's no point in selling, really.

I don't bother trading as I'll use the cards eventually when I level up the badge.

Eventually it adds up. I'm selling every card I've obtained and have managed to buy a couple good games. (Keeping my Summer Sale ones though, how dare I not get a stupid badge).

ZenaxPure

What have I become?

Someone who saw what he liked. I don't really care about the badges or emoticons or backgrounds in general either, but, when I saw the Horse background for Hotline Miami I totally bought one, now everytime someone goes to my profile there is a wonderful lady in a horse mask scratching her back with a baseball bat.

It's cool.

Megasoum

Banned
An unfinished game at 40% off in a niche genre is beating 75% off AAA titles in revenue with a $1 difference. LOL back to you sir.

Well first of all some would argue that Kerbal is actually the better game of the three but whatever..nontheless.. There's a lot more people who already have Tomb Raider or Borderlands 2 than people who have KSP.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
DayZ Standalone doesn't have a specific release date. Nothing has changed there.

It should be out in the next few weeks though.

His point is just that since people know it's coming, they have no reason to "douple dip" by purchasing Arma 2.

Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai add new campaigns, the latter is more worthwhile than the former imo. Aside from that it's just factions that the devs decided to strip away from the main game to sell to you later, you'll be fine with just the main game really.

So would I be better off with just buying Rise+Fall later on?

Prophane33

Well first of all some would argue that Kerbal is actually the better game of the three but whatever..nontheless.. There's a lot more people who already have Tomb Raider or Borderlands 2 than people who have KSP.

Kerbal has arguably more gameplay than those games puts together.

Agreed. This is coming from the guy with the Shogun avatar.

ZenaxPure

Now I need to get all the System Shock cards for that background

You can buy backgrounds/emotes directly on the market. I sold all my Hotline cards and noticed the Horse background when I was selling. Bought it for like 15 cents.... and this was before the summer sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom