• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Eventually it adds up. I'm selling every card I've obtained and have managed to buy a couple good games. (Keeping my Summer Sale ones though, how dare I not get a stupid badge).

I'll definitely be selling my Summer Sale dupes. I've maxed out my regular Summer Sale badge and still have around $800 to spend (plus the ~$135 currently in my Wallet), so I'll be in for at least another 93 cards plus the remaining several I'll receive from Community's Choice votes. The regular cards will probably be hovering around 10c by the time the Summer Sale is drawing to a close, but that should be enough to pay for the foil badge.

Deadbeat

Banned
Another mini giveaway.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack -- MB-447EA49C5D272DED - Taken by Leon Belmont

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Seriously, Steam, cool it with the dupes.

stahp9hbav.jpg

3 drops. 3 Owls. :(
This sucks. Didn't even know it was possible, I haven't done the card thing a lot but in every game I idled/played so far I got unique cards from every drop. First time I got a repeat was with the Getaway cards in the sale.

Freezard

This sucks. Didn't even know it was possible, I haven't done the card thing a lot but in every game I idled/played so far I got unique cards from every drop. First time I got a repeat was with the Getaway cards in the sale.

I had 4 dupes out of 5 for Trine 2. Not even joking.

Terra_Ex

So would I be better off with just buying Rise+Fall later on?
If you've not played Shogun 2 before, then yeah, that's what I would do. Its discounted by 75% every time it's on sale now anyway so you can pick up the extra campaigns if you want at a later date.

That System Shock 2 background is pure sex

p3ofxrggBYsFaZ7tw4cZXx821Xf8UAvL0adN9ydhUfhucSg94TxDmaWwghPl51fVEiPMZKkSSdPaqlDvJmJQ_2N1O33_NFCbpO3OFfytSdJYcJI_9E4UiY2nEKU_JkT4OihpMaJvAZ6lqtBKu_oVkBJ1w2WiGxTF0qUQoWhwQf4hdig1
If only the game looked like that... I need to mod mine and start playing it soon.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'll definitely be selling my Summer Sale dupes. I've maxed out my regular Summer Sale badge and still have around $800 to spend (excluding the ~$135 currently in my Wallet), so I'll be in for at least another 80 cards plus the remaining several I'll receive from Community's Choice votes. The regular cards will probably be hovering around 10c by the time the Summer Sale is drawing to a close, but that should be enough to pay for the foil badge.

What on earth? How much money did you spend this sale? And you're spending another $800? When are you going to play all these games?

El Odio

Banned
That System Shock 2 background is pure sex

p3ofxrggBYsFaZ7tw4cZXx821Xf8UAvL0adN9ydhUfhucSg94TxDmaWwghPl51fVEiPMZKkSSdPaqlDvJmJQ_2N1O33_NFCbpO3OFfytSdJYcJI_9E4UiY2nEKU_JkT4OihpMaJvAZ6lqtBKu_oVkBJ1w2WiGxTF0qUQoWhwQf4hdig1

DayZ Standalone doesn't have a specific release date. Nothing has changed there.

It should be out in the next few weeks though.
This has been added to my ever expanding rotation of wallpapers.
Edit: Aw shit, finally a member!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What on earth? How much money did you spend this sale? And you're spending another $800? When are you going to play all these games?

$220 spent + ~$135 in my Wallet + a spare $50 code + another $800 in codes when I get my tax back = ~$1205.

I can't answer your second question. :p

I'll definitely be selling my Summer Sale dupes. I've maxed out my regular Summer Sale badge and still have around $800 to spend (plus the ~$135 currently in my Wallet), so I'll be in for at least another 93 cards plus the remaining several I'll receive from Community's Choice votes. The regular cards will probably be hovering around 10c by the time the Summer Sale is drawing to a close, but that should be enough to pay for the foil badge.

Australia, land of the czars and shahs!

Have an extra copy of Torchlight II for $3.75 USD if anyone is interested. My #4 pack buyer has faded away. I'm not getting PM responses so I'm willing to part with it ASAP.

Also, seems I have an extra copy of Dark Forces. First person who can tell me the name of the convenience store chain in Sam and Max Hit the Road can have it.

Wow if the Defiance free trial is anything like the real game, then I don't want anything to do with it. I tried to download the trial once and it finished and I got an error patch message. I tried a second time and it made it to the half point and i got another error patch message. I hope it's just the trial that's messing up, or it's not running anymore because I'm pretty mad that it's been taking the speed out of my YT videos to dl it.

Just this happening makes me not want it anymore.
Still hopes it goes on sale again, I'll play any MMORPG that's P2P :p

Scrabble

What happens if I buy New Vegas Ultimate when I already have the vanilla version? Will it just replace it in my steam library, and will my saves carry over and let me continue right where I left off?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That the actual game is much less cutscene heavy then the demo from what I remember. Besides the starting area which is the demo and can be skipped in the full game. So yeah if that is putting you off the full game is much less annoying in that regard. They would of been much better off to just toss in a few random levels for the demo.
I think you may be right. The second mission was MUCH better, and I don't need to play the rest to know that I want this game.

It's a shame I missed the daily deal, I won't let it pass again.

Is Eador basically a fantasy version of Civ?

It's much more like Heroes of Might and Magic. Game is merciless-I have enjoyed it after they cleared up some launch issues but I consider it to be one of those games "for genre enthusiasts only", and even then with some hesitation.

You have to be OK with games that hate you intensely to play it. Hard to put it any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom