• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Now that konami remembers the PC exists , do you think we may in fact get pc ports of MG complete?
I don't want to think about it. I just hope it happens one day, out of the blue.

And this reminds me that I've yet to play my copy of MGS3 3D on 3DS. Hope that game is as good as everyone says.

Bumhead

Banned
I'm conflicted on the voting.

I want Monaco but Natural Selection 2 is a fantastic game at a more than fantastic price.

So FEZ will obviously win.

So I added some funds on my Steam wallet using my debit. My funds are now locked until Friday around 12 noon pst. If I add more funds to it using the same card, will this "cooldown period" reset?

Martian

ifledFy4c8JBB.gif

Ahh man, your Arnold Gifs make this thread.

How many do you have stored? They just keep on coming and coming

liezryou

So I added some funds on my Steam wallet using my debit. My funds are now locked until Friday around 12 noon pst. If I add more funds to it using the same card, will this "cooldown period" reset?

No, why didn't you just directly buy using paypal instead of adding funds? o_O. It locks it if you are using a new payment source. And it usually only locks it for in game purchases, not actual game purchases.

oipic

System Shock 2 all modded and ready to go - strange feeling to be about to fire-up this game (THIS game!) again after, what, 13 years or something?

Fascinated to see how it, and I, hold up after all this time.

No, why didn't you just directly buy using paypal instead of adding funds? o_O. It locks it if you are using a new payment source. And it usually only locks it for in game purchases, not actual game purchases.

I had no idea it would trigger a 5 day waiting period. Just so we're clear, let's say I add funds tomorrow with the same card. Will the funds now be locked until Saturday and not Friday?

liezryou

I had no idea it would trigger a 5 day waiting period. Just so we're clear, let's say I add funds tomorrow with the same card. Will the funds now be locked until Saturday and not Friday?

I believe they will only be locked until friday, but you should open a steam support ticket just to be safe.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Stupid question time GAF. On the Steam mobile app how do you change your status ? I don't see a way of doing it at all but I'm obviously being stupid here.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Stupid question time GAF. On the Steam mobile app how do you change your status ? I don't see a way of doing it at all but I'm obviously being stupid here.

You can go offline, but the app at this stage otherwise borrows your status from the client if you're signed in on a PC (or sets it to "Online on a mobile device" if there is no existing log-in).

CoG

Didn't tally until now. Up to $43, yipes. My first Steam sale in a while so the first couple of rounds I was all kid in a candy store and got stuff I probably won't play like Just Cause 2 and Surgeon Sim. I'm capping myself at $60 hoping Skyrim DLC goes on sale.

dani_dc

I want PES 2013 but 10 euros feels like a bit when the next one is probably 4 months away.
Why no 75% off sale Konami?

Can't even think about it too long since I won't have access for the internet until the next batch of sales.

JaseC

Didn't tally until now. Up to $43, yipes. My first Steam sale in a while so the first couple of rounds I was all kid in a candy store and got stuff I probably won't play like Just Cause 2 and Surgeon Sim. I'm capping myself at $60 hoping Skyrim DLC goes on sale.

Skyrim showing up again would be nice. I missed the DLC when the sale began thanks to the blank payment info bug.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member

you will play just cause 2

Deques

Are foil cards only dropped in "booster" packs? Do you only get booster packs from badge crafting?

Booster packs are randomly dropped, doesn't have to open a game at all. Foil cards are randomly dropped while playing any of the games with cards. It can also be obtained from the booster packs

mclem

as good as the first game, plus better and prettier :)

Does it have puzzles more interesting than "Keep creating/moving things with the wizard until you've passed the obstacle"? That was my big complaint about the first game - What *looked* like interesting puzzles tended to boil down to abusing that specific power.

JaseC

Booster packs are randomly dropped, doesn't have to open a game at all. Foil cards are randomly dropped while playing any of the games with cards. It can also be obtained from the booster packs

Additionally, you need to have used up your drops for a particular game, and your booster drop rate is tied to your Steam Community profile level. From the FAQ:

How can I get a booster pack?
Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:

Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom