• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheContact

Goddamn New Vegas is tempting. How does it run on PC? Is it buggy? I got it day one on 360 but only played about an hour or two before I got bored because I was still burned out on Fallout 3 which I had enjoyed a lot.

Now I'm thinking perhaps the PC version is the way to go since it has the better technical performance and the console panel to deal with potential bugs.

Any views? Not so interested in mods BTW.

PC is the way to go even without mods. A lot of the bugs have been fixed since its original launch. NV is arguably superior to FO3, but similar in that they used the same engine obviously, the gameplay and writing is improved imo

Copons

Not only has this thread slowed down dramatically, but there hasn't been a modbot giveaway in ages...

Are people playing games?

we-are-screwed.gif

Goddamn New Vegas is tempting. How does it run on PC? Is it buggy? I got it day one on 360 but only played about an hour or two before I got bored because I was still burned out on Fallout 3 which I had enjoyed a lot.

Now I'm thinking perhaps the PC version is the way to go since it has the better technical performance and the console panel to deal with potential bugs.

New Vegas fully patched is as stable as FO3 ever was for me.

Niflheim

Neo Member
i'm tempted by the witcher 2 but i played it on the xbox and couldn't really get into it, hadn't a clue what was going on really lol suppose it's important to play the first one?

No it's not, of course it's better but it's not a necessity.
And you should just give the game a 2nd try, the beginning may be weird but it will fast be more understandable.

Every time I play new vegas, I have this problem where the tracks played on the radio 'glitch' from time to time.. kinda like bad mp3 squishing..

Any solution for that? Cause I do like the songs.

Berto

Not only has this thread slowed down dramatically, but there hasn't been a modbot giveaway in ages...

I am! Civ V, and I'm really enjoying it... Took me 2 year to start playing this, sometimes I'm just embarrased of myself. I love grand strategy games, why the hell took so long?

TheContact

How do people get Steam codes when they buy games from the store? Do you convert inventory games to codes somehow?

For sending to modbot? I just gift it to my email, paste the URL to the modbot, cutting off the "?" and everything after it. But I believe you can just right click and show CD key or something

E: May have misunderstood your question lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dishonored was up for a community choice so that one for sure, and Deus Ex should be but no guarantee.

Although common, there's no guarantee a Community's Choice item will return later. For example, when Primordia lost its Community's Choice poll during last year's Winter Sale, it faded back into the general discount bowels of the sale and didn't rear its head again.

Razorskin

----- ------
Although common, there's no guarantee a Community's Choice item will return later. For example, when Primordia lost its Community's Choice poll during last year's Winter Sale, it faded back into the general discount bowels of the sale and didn't rear its head again.

You're killing me man, don't let my dreams of cheaper KOTOR II and Dishonored be crushed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do people get Steam codes when they buy games from the store? Do you convert inventory games to codes somehow?

People handing out Steam gifts via ModBot aren't giving away keys per se:

Well, there's more to it than that:

- Purchase an item as a gift
- Send it to your own e-mail address
- Open the e-mail and copy the redemption URL (you can chop off your e-mail address; just the token is enough)
- Give said URL to ModBot as a "key"

elhav

New vegas runs fairly well on the pc, much better than the consoles.The game is locked at 30 fps, I think. But there was a mod that allowed the game to run at 60 fps so it's definitely a great choice.

cicero

They buy direct from third party retailers like GreenManGaming, GamersGate, Amazon.com, Nuuvem, etc. Or they buy Indie Bundles that include activation codes for the games in the bundles, same thing for buying direct from the developer. Activation codes are the best and easiest way for them to sell games on Valve's Steam service, and Valve provides FREE codes to the developers/publishers to give to third party retailers to sell, or sell direct themselves.

I find it very surprising that no other key site is competing with steam in any meaningful way.

GMG's sale was terrible.
Gamersgate as well.
Amazon had some good deals, but most of the games are old...

Winter sale there were some insane deals on other site, I remember.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Should I buy Nazi Zombie Army?

Onionkid

You know what, you're right!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, and Braid -- MB-0056BFC954230C0A - Taken by DeadlyVirus

I have about 9 hours into Rogue Legacy, and I'm absolutely loving it. I think the way it's "bite-sized" helps to play a little at a time, and I often find myself saying one more over and over.

Oublieux

Should I buy Nazi Zombie Army?

It's fun! But it's more for short bursts of satisfying that itchy trigger finger. It's essentially similar to CoD's zombie mode put into a full fledged game. It's better in MP where you work together to defend against waves. It's amusing for what it is but not significantly deep.

I actually had Steam for years (since the release of Half-Life 2) but this Summer Sale finally made me use it. I already have like 35 games haha.

I have one question: I have like 40 boxed PC-games. There's no way I can get them in Steam, right? Or does it depend on the title? For instance, I have the rollercoaster tycoon 3 and half-life 2 games and expansions on disk, but I see they are in the Steam store and I think it's way easier to have them there. Also feels 'better' to have the entire collection in once place (aka steam). And I guess stuff like the new SimCity and Battlefield 3 (which I have on disc) are also not on Steam thanks to EA's Origin? Thanks in advance for the answers!

I am a big console gamer by the way, always have all consoles, but I guess Steam is finally making me try out PC-gaming. I have a high spec PC I bought two years ago that can handle almost all games though, so it is a shame I didn't use it earlier!

liezryou

I actually had Steam for years (since the release of Half-Life 2) but this Summer Sale finally made me use it. I already have like 35 games haha.

I have one question: I have like 40 boxed PC-games. There's no way I can get them in Steam, right? Or does it depend on the title? Thanks in advance for the answers!

I am a big console gamer by the way, always have all consoles, but I guess Steam is finally making me try out PC-gaming. I have a high spec PC I bought two years ago that can handle almost all games though, so it is a shame I didn't use it earlier!

Depends on the title, some use steamworks and thus you can use their cd-key to redeem the game on steam.

cicero

Anyone here knows how is Jet set radio on pc? I really want to try it out, but you can never know with these pc ports.

It is a great port. I bought and played through it earlier this year using a Xbox 360 gamepad. It was an excellent experience, and this is coming from someone who played through both Jet Set Radio and Jet Grind Radio for the Dreamcast.

elhav

I have one question: I have like 40 boxed PC-games. There's no way I can get them in Steam, right? Or does it depend on the title? Thanks in advance for the answers!

It depands on the title. Newer games(this gen mostly) require steam, while the oldies don't support it.

Arthea

If a retail game redeems on Steam, you'll find a steam key inside. If no key, it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom