• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

So i have three games sitting in my inventory that i would like to sell in order to fund my steam summer sale binges. I'll sell them for the lowest sale price steam has ever had them on:

Dead Space Pack - 9$
Unreal Deal Pack - 9$
Showdown Effect Digital Deluxe (Includes Giftable Copy of Magicka) - 4$

I predict if these games do go on sale on this sale they probably will be the same amount, so anyone who wants it quicker just message me or something.

Shaved off a DOLLAR OFF for each one. They are now cheaper then steams lowest sale price. Come on people help gaben rape my wallet.

Mupod

I've only got two problems with FTL:

1. It's too random when you're trying to unlock more ships. I basically gave up on the game after around 30 hours because I'm never going to get the specific series of random events I need for the last couple ships I need.

2. It's not random enough the rest of the time. There's really not that many different kinds of encounters out there and they get repetitive rather quickly. Could easily be improved with updates or expansions, but I have no idea if there's plans for that kind of stuff.

Game is addictive as all get out and quite easy to get into though, so I highly recommend it.

1. It's too random when you're trying to unlock more ships. I basically gave up on the game after around 30 hours because I'm never going to get the specific series of random events I need for the last couple ships I need.

2. It's not random enough the rest of the time. There's really not that many different kinds of encounters out there and they get repetitive rather quickly. Could easily be improved with updates or expansions, but I have no idea if there's plans for that kind of stuff.

Game is addictive as all get out and quite easy to get into though, so I highly recommend it.

Those are fair points. Especially about the ships.

I find the Engi blob to be shitty compared to the first ship.

What does it play like?

You can play it in one of 3 view modes. Classic adventure, first or 3rd person. I used the 3rd person perspective. You walk around environments looking or manipulating objects. There are many puzzle boxes or equivalents throughout the game. You also solve thought mapping puzzles through your investigation journal which are fun and interesting.

Yeah got Mass effect 1 and 2 and Dead Space 1 and 2 but both threequals are on origin///parameter_string///

EA have annoyed me to much and I hate the idea of having to run origin to play the games that all its prequels are steam. Hence I refuse to by anything off origin.

However I don't think I'm missing much. Dead space 3 and mass effect 3 both got to a point where my desire to play them is at a minimum. If they ever appear on steam or in a format I can shortcut them through steam then I might play them but what ever.

Mupod

I think the ship unlocking would have been a lot better if it were based on your cumulative point totals, at least as an alternate method. So you could get everything eventually if you kept playing. Although combining a game as addictive as FTL with filling bars would be deadly.

The way I see it, origin will die off before too long and EA will of course have to crawl back to steam.

I'd expect them to provide keys for existing games so anything you buy now is just padding your steam library in the future.

Arthea

The way I see it, origin will die off before too long and EA will of course have to crawl back to steam.

I'd expect them to provide keys for existing games so anything you buy now is just padding your steam library in the future.

I'm not so sure, I've heard this song of origin dieing real soon from the very beginning.

Caerith

If that happens, EA will just tell you to contact support regarding your Steam keys, then add support's phone number to their forum's blacklist (I'd say "again" but I suspect it's still banned) and ban the accounts of anyone who asks about it.

Mupod

it's not going anywhere as long as they have battlefield and bioware games. If you want EA PC games you're gonna just have to deal with it.

I'm glad I did 'cause ME3 multiplayer is amazing. As a fan of wave survival co-op it's the best one since killing floor.

Salsa

for some reason im lookin at old steam screenshots and now I wanna play sleepy dawgs all over again

look at this motherfucker

i7cCVrv7GkoXH.jpg

hopefully that DLC goes on sale when it hits a daily instead of a flash

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I think it'd take a string of titles falling short of expectations for EA to abandon Origin, but I do believe EA will return to Steam eventually and, as I've said, maybe the bevy of EA deals in recent months is the company trying to get a grasp of just how much money it's leaving on the table by petulantly ignoring the Steam userbase.

On a related note, Origin isn't actually a platform in the same sense that Steam is: Autolog is exclusive to the Need for Speed games and the same is true of Battlelog and Battlefield, meaning there's no overarching API a la Steamworks. But even if there were, there'd still be nothing preventing EA from following in the footsteps of Ubi and having its more recent releases launch individualised instances of the Origin client.

Tellaerin

But this is GAF, where our vote for community is ironically twisted into the game we want to see win the least.

We have the death touch, man. Maybe we should start voting for the game we want to lose. At least that way there's a 50/50 chance that something people want will actually win. :p

I agree with you about the randomness when unlocking ships. It took me forever to unlock the Crystal ship pre-patch, and I still haven't unlocked the Mantis or Slug ships yet.

As far as expansions go, the modding community is pretty active and have created many extra events, ships/enemy ships, and even total conversions for the game. I really hope the devs add an expansion someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom