• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked the page again. Says this:
"Will I be able to craft the Summer Getaway badge after the sale?
Yes, you’ll be able to collect the cards and craft the badge after the sale, but only with cards that have already dropped. When the sale ends, there will be no new Summer Getaway card drops."

So I should buy my way to level five, then stock pile all earned cards for market inflation after the sale ends, right?

Ionic

For the record, Natural Selection 2 is a stellar game. I'm sure Monaco will get its time to shine in the flash deals. It is a popular, newish indie game after all. So, there's that.

bengraven

New Cards

Terraria

Fuuuuuuuuck yessssss. I know what I'm playing when i get home.

No they are. They tweaked some minor things but it includes LFD 1 & 2 weapons, infected, the story, the characters, etc. So it's all there just updated. As I said the only reason you'd want 1 installed is to play it exactly the way it was pre LFD 2 improvements.

Oh okay! That's really awesome - no reason at all to install LFD1 ever again then. *removes from favorites* lol

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Anyone know?
Can I use Amazon Payments to buy Steam funds or buy games on Steam?

Not directly, no.

Amazon sells games that can redeem on Steam.

However, if you're looking to somehow transfer credit on your Amazon account to credit in your Steam Wallet, no, there is no way currently.

The most you could do would be to buy a Gamestop giftcard from Amazon then use the Gamestop giftcard to buy a Steam giftcard.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I actually "finished" a game during the sales. o.o Going for top marks and the puzzles in Hotline Miami now. The RNG gods haven't blessed me with more cards though. >:|

Xater

For the record, Natural Selection 2 is a stellar game. I'm sure Monaco will get its time to shine in the flash deals. It is a popular, newish indie game after all. So, there's that.

I know it's a good game but it's older, has been on sales and will most likely be a daily anyway. I'd rather see Monaco.

Will Mass Effect 3 ever be "allowed" to be on Steam? I really want the first two but the third not being on Steam is a dealbreaker from hell.

Just checked the page again. Says this:
"Will I be able to craft the Summer Getaway badge after the sale?
Yes, you’ll be able to collect the cards and craft the badge after the sale, but only with cards that have already dropped. When the sale ends, there will be no new Summer Getaway card drops."

Cool. question is whether people will keep buying them after the sale though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Will Mass Effect 3 ever be "allowed" to be on Steam? I really want the first two but the third not being on Steam is a dealbreaker from hell.

They won't be putting Mass Effect 3 on Steam because Steam prevents them from patching their game, talking directly to their fans, or implementing any of their online network code. Steam doesn't do any of those things, you see. Also EA are deeply sorry that they've made you think that Origin is a store when really it's so much more than that. Have a nice life. Oh also sales devalue their IP so they don't believe in deep discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom