• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

best, most fun game won the vote.

MOAR rookies to teach :)

Cards are coming to NS2 end of August, for those that are trapped on the wheel.

bengraven

Pretty much other then playing the original campaign as it was originally released with only the mechanics, special types, etc from it. Other then that there is no reason you need 1 anymore. The best part is this was all free for PC unlike for the Xbox version.

Oh, so the LFD1 characters and "story" isn't there? Just the levels with the new weaspons and specials. that's cool, too, though.

I really need to get it installed again. I loved LFD1.

looking at the previous badge progresses dissappearing at the end, I don't think that's very wise, but good luck anyway. For your sake, I hope they do remain active after the sale.
If you read the official Summer trading card page it all but says you can keep and craft Summer cards after the sale.

I got Fallout 3 and New Vegas' complete editions. But I have played the hell out of both on consoles. If I'm going to play them again, I want the experiences to include mods. Any recommendations?
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?10108-Fallout-Mod-Vegas-Modding-New-Vegas-in-2013

ElRenoRaven

Oh, so the LFD1 characters and "story" isn't there? Just the levels with the new weaspons and specials. that's cool, too, though.

I really need to get it installed again. I loved LFD1.

No they are. They tweaked some minor things but it includes LFD 1 & 2 weapons, infected, the story, the characters, etc. So it's all there just updated. As I said the only reason you'd want 1 installed is to play it exactly the way it was pre LFD 2 improvements.

Prophane33

I told you guys! It's the sheep!

wake+up+sheeple.png

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Multiplayer focused games do nothing for me. I wish they tickled my fancy, I swear I've been trying all over the years. Love co-op though.

Prezhulio

that's the deepest cut natural selection 2 has ever received iirc, so i'm not surprised (and i'll probably buy it!)

i'd say monaco has good odds (or equivalent to the NS2 at least) for appearing in a flash sale/daily at that 50% off.

Slacker

Awesome to see Kerbal Space Program near the top of the best sellers list. If anyone out there is remotely interested in space travel at all, check out the demo before the sale on this one runs out tomorrow. It's in early development but there is still a ton to do and it's great fun overall. Excellent game to play with the kiddos too.

keit4

Banned
I will tell you why NS2 won:

- Fez already was a daily.
- Monaco is style over substance.
- Natural Selection II is a very fun game.

looking at the previous badge progresses dissappearing at the end, I don't think that's very wise, but good luck anyway. For your sake, I hope they do remain active after the sale.
Just checked the page again. Says this:
"Will I be able to craft the Summer Getaway badge after the sale?
Yes, you’ll be able to collect the cards and craft the badge after the sale, but only with cards that have already dropped. When the sale ends, there will be no new Summer Getaway card drops."

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Just checked the page again. Says this:
"Will I be able to craft the Summer Getaway badge after the sale?
Yes, you’ll be able to collect the cards and craft the badge after the sale, but only with cards that have already dropped. When the sale ends, there will be no new Summer Getaway card drops."
They'll be $1.00+ each this time next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom