• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
fantastic, just need one more then.

is it the same price in NZ (I'm clueless on how prices translate between the various regions D:)?

Sins: Rebellion 4 pack
1. jtb
2. Freki
3. Fjord

I can join if you guys need another.

hlhbk

GAF, welcome to our future.

I am 31, been gaming since 86, and pc gaming since 93. I am not a young guy that doesn't appriciate the old games. My favorite FPS of all time is Doom, nothing today can touch it. That being said people look at Morrowind with some sort of nostalgic glasses I don't get.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half-Life 2 -- MB-E932123E2B11A7FB - Taken by DukeBobby
Portal -- MB-7E7694461D327049 - Taken by v0rtikal

Skab

I am 31, been gaming since 86, and pc gaming since 93. I am not a young guy that doesn't appriciate the old games. My favorite FPS of all time is Doom, nothing today can touch it. That being said people look at Morrowind with some sort of nostalgic glasses I don't get.

0MPYoFK.gif

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Skyrim was amazing. Far better than Morrowind.

In some ways Skyrim was better, but overall I still prefer Morrowind. Oblivion comes in third of course. All were good games though.

So Battlefront 2 is $3.39.. Is this still a thing? Do people still play online?

Eh, not really. A lot of people played it during that huge Star Wars sale, and there may be a decent amount of people playing because of the Summer Sale, but it will die.

IMO it's still worth it for the single-player.

hlhbk

So now that I am diving back into New Vegas (I only played about an hour before and was burned out on that type of game due to 400 hours in Skyrim). I will be installing fellout to remove the orange tint. What are the other must have mods GAF?

Anyone?

feel

14 Jul 2013
$2.49
Purchase
Fallout: New Vegas

14 Jul 2013
$2.49
Purchase
System Shock 2

12 Jul 2013
$0.98
Purchase
Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack
I have a millions games on my plate right around now, and I wouldn't be playing any of the new purchases, I'm so proud of my restraint this sale... so far

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
There are Euro 1 and Euro 2 (Greece for example) zones.
Euro 2 is often quite a bit cheaper.

How do I buy from Euro 2 then? I must be Euro 1 (Italy) since DE:HR (if the deal gets picked up by voters) would be €2.85 instead of €1.80€ (obviously it's not about shaving off 1€ for this specific deal but more about saving dough on future deals)

I want to get LEFT4DEAD2 as well but it's €7 here, fuck that noise. What's the cheapest one could find a key going for?

Copons

How do I buy from Euro 2 then? I must be Euro 1 (Italy) since DE:HR (if the deal gets picked up by voters) would be €2.85 instead of €1.80€ (obviously it's not about shaving off 1€ for this specific deal but more about saving dough on future deals)

I want to get LEFT4DEAD2 as well but it's €7 here, fuck that noise. What's the cheapest one could find a key going for?

Italy is EU2!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What the hell is going on in this picture?

There's a very weak enemy called a Cliff Racer in Morrowind that is a flying bird. They spawn randomly throughout the map. The problem is that they are very aggressive and have a HUGE AI follow distance, so if one is within a mile of you it'll come towards you. Morrowind doesn't have any AI wander range, so once an aggro enemy chases you it will not give up as long as you are within its follow distance. Making matters worse, they make a horrible noise and they activate the game's combat-sensitive music when they chase you. It is a miserable experience.

That's a GIF of someone who has wandered around and run from hundreds of cliff racers and never fought any of them, in third person mode.

mclem

Almost there! :)

lwolEMr.png

I'm going big. And foolish. I need three more Tomb Raiders, two more Football Managers and one more Torchlight, then I can craft all the way to level 5. And at that point I'll still be drowning in chivalrous kerbals (right now I have *7* Chivalries and *5* Kerbals.)

It's normal for me to spend big during the sale, so I think I've got a good chance of making it by the weekend. And if not... then I'll hit the market.

(And in all that, still no foil drops. Bah.)

The_Monk

I've been playing some Organ Trail: Director's Cut and let me tell you all, the game is good fellow GAFfers but it seems to be a problem. You know, there's this GAFfer...

CTxkKYul.jpg

and

xeA1kyVl.jpg

and then

zwkLsuRl.jpg

I mean, COME ON RionaaM you are killing our survival chances ! :(

I'm going to pimp Unity of Command... with a giveaway!

Unity of Command is a fantastic turn-based strategic wargame. If you haven't checked it out, you should. It's 66% off at $6.79.

So if you like Big Strategy games or wargames or whatever... this is a great, great game.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Unity of Command -- MB-A3A1F0CFE82B12DE - Taken by JoduanER2

Wow already closing in on the end of thread number 2.

I nominate the next thread title to be Steam Stummer Stale just to create that itch in peoples minds that you know that title would.

Grief.exe

Sleeping Dogs and Killing Floor cards have bottomed out at about 12-15 cents a card.

System Shock 2 and Dust's badges are almost double that. Think I will wait a bit longer to see if those prices drop.

It was #4 guys. Chairmanchuck was so kind as to give me the copy <3

Thanks Duke for the giveaway and thanks for Chuck for giving me it :D

That is actually the one I picked, but I was on my phone so couldn't get it in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom