• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynar

how's Terraria? looks interesting. i only have $10 in my steam wallet though and I'm hoping the Ys games go back on sale because I was sleeping last time they were a flash

its been on sale like twice already
Once but it was up for a community vote which it lost

Cru

I'm thinking about taking my relationship with ModBot to the next level. Would Stump feel?

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dishonored -- MB-373E902014A457CF - Taken by Fjord

Fjord

Anyone interested in a Sins: Rebellion 4-pack? ($7.50)

two interested, need a host though...

1. jtb
2. Freki

I'm in, can host but in NZ.

edit: Thanks Cru! I was just explaining to my girlfriend how a metacritic 91 game was more important than getting a haircut.

Extra fantastic because Dishonored is expensive in New Zealand!

Stimpack

You are going to take a lot of flak for this but I agree with you.

Nostalgia plays a big role in the people who still think Morrowind is better.

Skyrim looked great. Played alright, but it was really boring. Same generic enemies over and over. Not enough varied locations. The "hand-crafted" dungeons all looked the same. In terms of content Morrowind and its expansions were far superior in both quality and depth.

People who use the "nostalgia" excuse should be shot. There are reasons, and good ones. I wonder how much of Morrowind you actually played to compare the two.

Groggy

Neo Member
Far Cry 3 is a hilariously good time. I jumped in the water for the first time and thought to myself how I hoped a crocodile doesn't grab me, turned around and was instantly grabbed by one. Scared the bajeezus outta me.

hlhbk

You are going to take a lot of flak for this but I agree with you.

Nostalgia plays a big role in the people who still think Morrowind is better.

Favorite Elder Scrolls titles:

1. Skyrim
2. Oblivion
3. Morrowind

Keep in mind I played Morrowind after putting 100's of hours into Oblivion as my first Elder Scrolls game.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Skyrim was amazing. Far better than Morrowind.

9280886287_19d6cf3596_o.gif

Karu

Watched an Hitman: Blood Money Video Review. Actually wanna play it. 2,50 was the discounted price (in europe), right or is the current -50% already the final discount (Curious since Absolution ist still on the old daily-deal) - cause the game is... like really old!? Would wait for that.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
Favorite Elder Scrolls titles:

1. Skyrim
2. Oblivion
3. Morrowind

Keep in mind I played Morrowind after putting 100's of hours into Oblivion as my first Elder Scrolls game.

I honestly prefer Oblivion above all the others, more because of it's light-hearted setting compared to the bleak surroundings of Skyrim, with the exception of the Oblivion gates of course. I'll take a bright, happy setting over grey and white any day.

Fjord

fantastic, just need one more then.

is it the same price in NZ (I'm clueless on how prices translate between the various regions D:)?

Sins: Rebellion 4 pack
1. jtb
2. Freki
3. Fjord

Same price yeah but there might be extra paypal fees.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Can I get in on that Sins pack? I really could use yet another 4X game seeing as I have a Civ game, 1 civ multiplayer game and 1 endless space multiplayer game going.

jtb

Banned
Can I get in on that Sins pack? I really could use yet another 4X game seeing as I have a Civ game, 1 civ multiplayer game and 1 endless space multiplayer game going.

perfect, done. Fjord is hosting so I'll let him take it from here.

Sins: Rebellion 4 pack
1. jtb
2. Freki
3. Fjord
4. -tetsuo-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom