• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty

There's a very weak enemy called a Cliff Racer in Morrowind that is a flying bird. They spawn randomly throughout the map. The problem is that they are very aggressive and have a HUGE AI follow distance, so if one is within a mile of you it'll come towards you. Morrowind doesn't have any AI wander range, so once an aggro enemy chases you it will not give up as long as you are within its follow distance. Making matters worse, they make a horrible noise and they activate the game's combat-sensitive music when they chase you. It is a miserable experience.

That's a GIF of someone who has wandered around and run from hundreds of cliff racers and never fought any of them, in third person mode.

Oh god the memories. I hate Cliff Racers so much in Morrowind. In fact I am pretty sure the first mod I ever installed was one to get rid of them.

Zia

Wait, people actually prefer Morrowind to Skyrim? I always thought that was a running joke that flew over my head.

Chojka

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dishonored~ -- MB-4DBBBC5007279330 - Taken by RS4-

JoduanER2

I'm going to pimp Unity of Command... with a giveaway!

Unity of Command is a fantastic turn-based strategic wargame. If you haven't checked it out, you should. It's 66% off at $6.79.

So if you like Big Strategy games or wargames or whatever... this is a great, great game.

thank you cosmic, i was aware of this game, didn't know it was any good, love strategy games so i will gladly learn how to play this.

Fear not, the "community" has prevailed.

The one community choice vote that I actually wanted and ended up winning, and most of GAF is having a seizure about it :[. Not everyone had NS2 guys, $6 is a great deal. Monaco isn't nearly as good, and will almost certainly be sealed later.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
SiuvBTk.png

:(

:D

Mupod

I think modbot hates me. I know it's an illogical thing since he's a cold emotionless automaton but there's no other explanation.

Tellaerin

There's a very weak enemy called a Cliff Racer in Morrowind that is a flying bird. They spawn randomly throughout the map. The problem is that they are very aggressive and have a HUGE AI follow distance, so if one is within a mile of you it'll come towards you. Morrowind doesn't have any AI wander range, so once an aggro enemy chases you it will not give up as long as you are within its follow distance. Making matters worse, they make a horrible noise and they activate the game's combat-sensitive music when they chase you. It is a miserable experience.

That's a GIF of someone who has wandered around and run from hundreds of cliff racers and never fought any of them, in third person mode.

The two absolute must-have things for every new Morrowind install are a good head replacer mod (Bethesda, please hire someone who can model faces for your games) and the "no cliff racers" mod. You can argue that other mods are optional, but those two are necessities.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Played a bit of The Swapper... damn, the game is something else. Love the aesthetics, lonely/eerie atmosphere, and the mechanics so far.

Minor puzzle spoilers -
It was such a cool moment when I realized how you avoid fall damage and later on how to climb up long distances... and obviously, very morbid. Heh.

I know I posted before but now that I got the code working I figure I'll post another thank you to Toki767 for Rage. Save the snarky size comments because I've been looking forward to trying this.

smr00

Banned
Wait, people actually prefer Morrowind to Skyrim? I always thought that was a running joke that flew over my head.
Most people who prefer Morrowind (like myself) prefer it because it's a superior RPG. In terms of pure RPG mechanics. Skyrim to me, feels like a very very simplistic light RPG that was developed in the middle to appeal to casuals and hardcore as where earlier Elder Scrolls games were created for more traditional RPG lovers, hardcore RPG fans. They have more depth, more of a curve.

But that's just my opinion.

M*A*S*H

The one community choice vote that I actually wanted and ended up winning, and most of GAF is having a seizure about it :[. Not everyone had NS2 guys, $6 is a great deal. Monaco isn't nearly as good, and will almost certainly be sealed later.

The scoundrel boasts of his victory. The impudence. My second shall be round in the morning. Good day to you, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom