• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobshe

Neo Member
Is it worth spending the extra $10 for the complete Crusader Kings II package or is the standalone game beefy enough?

I ask this because I was waiting all sale to get this game, I've been looking at the GoT mod and it looks amazing but I don't know if spending that extra dough will be worth the investment.

I hope Crusader Kings 2 appears in a daily. I'm 1€ short of the 9.99 mark and have no way to add funds to steam wallet in the remaining 8 hours

ezekial45

Banned
Do you not get credit for the cards when voting on Steam mobile? I've voted over 13 times, but I only have one card. Most of my votes came from Steam mobile.

Is your Steam Level 5 or above? oh wait it should be if you got a card already... hmm I dunno

Most of my votes were from the Steam app and I received the cards.

Thanks. Should I send a complaint to Steam? How's their tech support service.

DomZ

Does Crusader Kings 2 have a deep learning curve? Easy to pick up?
Personally I didn't think it was that deep. Couple of guides to help are out their as well. Took me a couple hours to understand the basic concepts but longer to actually fully understand everything.

delirium

Hey guys! I picked up 2 gift copies of Mirror's Edge... because it's an awesome game and more people should play it so they can be as excited for the upcoming prequel as I am. :p Doing a little giveaway contest just for fun instead of just going through ModBot.

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

Post an image/screenshot from your favorite stage from a platforming game to enter. Then I'll use a random number generator to pick out 2 winners around 10PM EST. If you're extra cool, you can explain why that's your favorite stage in the genre.

ZADgez4.jpg

Classic. Nothing but the best memories from this.

Annubis

Post an image from your favorite stage from a platforming game to enter, then I'll use a random number generator to pick out 2 winners around 10PM EST. If you're extra cool, you can explain why that's your favorite stage in the genre.

56340-circus-charlie-nes-screenshot-ride-the-horse-while-bouncing.gif

You're a clown standing on a horse jumping on trampolines.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That's a good deal

Buy Deus Ex Collection

Includes 6 items: Deus Ex: Invisible War, Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, Deus Ex: Human Revolution™, Deus Ex: Human Revolution™ – The Missing Link, Deus Ex: Human Revolution™ - Explosive Mission Pack, Deus Ex: Human Revolution™ - Tactical Enhancement Pack

SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends in 07:51:19
Package info
-85%
$5.99

Cth

Hey guys! I picked up 2 gift copies of Mirror's Edge... because it's an awesome game and more people should play it so they can be as excited for the upcoming prequel as I am. :p Doing a little giveaway contest just for fun instead of just going through ModBot.

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

Post an image from your favorite stage from a platforming game to enter, then I'll use a random number generator to pick out 2 winners around 10PM EST. If you're extra cool, you can explain why that's your favorite stage in the genre.

176594-braid_1.jpg

Braid

The reason I listed Braid instead of the others (aside from everyone listing Mario presumably) was because of the way this level worked. In addition to being a Donkey Kong homage, there was the rewind mechanic that simulated the original game as well as presented something "new". A mix of nostalgia, frustration and relief when you manage to figure out the correct step to obtain the puzzle piece.

Volotaire

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

Changed my mind ;) Zool. Amiga.

zool-2.png

Tecl0n

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

Post an image/screenshot from your favorite stage from a platforming game to enter. Then I'll use a random number generator to pick out 2 winners around 10PM EST. If you're extra cool, you can explain why that's your favorite stage in the genre.

Not to sound like an ass, but don't do giveaways that could possible flood/spam the thread with images.

Pandemic

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

Whelp... I just purchased it.. Then I read this :(

Megasoum

Banned

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

103698-1309974364.jpg

Zoc

81b3509eb5db0dcc2875a1pp6m.jpg

Terraria, on sale now, too.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
You know, I'm pretty sure I bought some of the old Unreal Tournament, years ago (and lost to the ether), but...I don't remember space ship battles. Maybe I never got 2004.

Gav47

Alright gaf after all your fawning over it, I bought Dust, this had better not turn me into a furry/weeaboo. I also picked up Reus, a man's game.

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

gfs_28034_2_7.jpg

First time I saw this, I was like "OMG, look at the detail!"

MikeDown

Banned

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

I remember playing this game back when I was very very very young, as I recall it was on some sorta of old pre-win95 sorta computer, can't quite remember. But my mother would always help me play it. EDIT: Actually it was a custom built computer running DOS.

donkey-kong-cross-tensions_171.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom