• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Odio

Banned
Post an image/screenshot from your favorite stage from a platforming game to enter. Then I'll use a random number generator to pick out 2 winners around 10PM EST. If you're extra cool, you can explain why that's your favorite stage in the genre.

artworks-000011819424-0yho2h-crop.jpg

Admit it, you all started hearing the music.

Prophane33

Hey guys! I picked up 2 gift copies of Mirror's Edge... because it's an awesome game and more people should play it so they can be as excited for the upcoming prequel as I am. :p Doing a little giveaway contest just for fun instead of just going through ModBot.

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

Post an image/screenshot from your favorite stage from a platforming game to enter. Then I'll use a random number generator to pick out 2 winners around 10PM EST. If you're extra cool, you can explain why that's your favorite stage in the genre.

UaNmnbm.png

Bobshe

Neo Member
Hey guys! I picked up 2 gift copies of Mirror's Edge... because it's an awesome game and more people should play it so they can be as excited for the upcoming prequel as I am. :p Doing a little giveaway contest just for fun instead of just going through ModBot.

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

RaymanPS1Music.jpg

Does anybody know if Steam Wallet cards work world-wide? I've spotted a $20 Steam Wallet card for sale (through Amazon which is why I'm considering it) but I want to be sure it'll work on my Irish account before purchasing it.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

I loved the Cutman level in Mega Man.

MM1-SuperArm2-SS.png

bonesquad

Missing Link is a stand alone DLC correct, in that I don't need to play through Human Revolution again? I already played through HR (2x) on PS3 but never played ML. Normally I don't double dip, but for $6 to get the entire collection is too good to pass up.

Anustart

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

180515_502017329476_5898110_n.jpg

Anything else would be uncivilized.

Caffeine

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

super mario world is my favorite :) first level i have ever played of any mario game.
6IvaGtj.jpg

pahamrick

Man, Dishonored for $10 and Dust for $7.50. Decisions, decisions. I want to double dip on Dust since I don't have a 360 anymore, but I've never played Dishonored. Only $15 left in my sale budget.

Sorry Noogy, think I'm gonna have to go with Dishonored.

HoosTrax

Unreal Tournament 3 retail redeems on Steam, for those unaware.

I have no idea who got tasked with making trading cards for an old game like UT2k4 and why, instead of for UT3...

Messi

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

Croc and the legend of gobbos

bftp-croc-3.jpg

I miss my childhood :(

I also really want to play Mirrors Edge.

Deadbeat

Banned

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

2OIknxw.png

I always tried to get as dizzy as possible. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FINALBOSS

Banned

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

ducktales2-457x400.jpg

Loved this ice level in Duck Tales. Not my favorite platformer, but damn does it bring back some insane memories. The sliding physics drove me crazy--one of my first experiences with icey platforms like that in games.

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

nicky-boom_2_big.jpg

Nicky Boom for Amiga. Simply because the music made the atmosphere incredibly memorable for me as a kid.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't get the point of putting Fear 3 as a flash deal if it's price was $5 anyways.

Either way I'm gonna pick it up. I've been craving a good 1st person shooter for a while.
F.E.A.R. 3 and "good person shooter" in the same sentence? The only context where those two things can be mentioned together is in my previous question.

If you want a good FPS, then grab the original and the sequel. Forget 3 even exists.

...wish I could forget it too :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anybody know if Steam Wallet cards work world-wide? I've spotted a $20 Steam Wallet card for sale (through Amazon which is why I'm considering it) but I want to be sure it'll work on my Irish account before purchasing it.

I looked into this the other day and found a bunch of SPUF posts that mentioned Steam will automatically convert the currency.

Brofist

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

padak_plnavelikost.jpg

Still love the look of Rayman

Kifimbo

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

Donut_Plains_1.PNG

Super Mario World - Donut Plains 1
Because it's the first level in the game where you can fly. Which was mindblowing for me as a child.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

0RFJB.jpg

Land of the Livid Dead.

So fucking tough! It was so god damned hard, and you needed to get your timings JUST right, but the whole time it felt so fair. What a cool god damned level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom