• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I picked up 2 gift copies of Mirror's Edge... because it's an awesome game and more people should play it so they can be as excited for the upcoming prequel as I am. :p Doing a little giveaway contest just for fun instead of just going through ModBot.

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

Post an image/screenshot from your favorite stage from a platforming game to enter. Then I'll use a random number generator to pick out 2 winners around 10PM EST. If you're extra cool, you can explain why that's your favorite stage in the genre.

PlatformPanic.png

Took me an absurd amount of tries to beat, but it's the most fun I've had with platforming in years. Smooth and difficult level design all in one. Flows incredibly well.

The_Monk

Hey guys! I picked up 2 gift copies of Mirror's Edge... because it's an awesome game and more people should play it so they can be as excited for the upcoming prequel as I am. :p Doing a little giveaway contest just for fun instead of just going through ModBot.

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

Post an image/screenshot from your favorite stage from a platforming game to enter. Then I'll use a random number generator to pick out 2 winners around 10PM EST. If you're extra cool, you can explain why that's your favorite stage in the genre.

4FdWqukl.jpg

I'm just going for the extra cool and say why I liked it. I remember playing this level and I was getting very late for School. I either had to finish it or restart it and try it later. I decided to finish this level after dying more times than I should and then I had to make a great run so I wouldn't arrive late at school. I arrived 10 minutes late but the teacher was not there yet. So I had two wins in that day.

Also, it's related to the upcoming Winter Seal Sale.

bronson

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

sYuADnL.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
1AS71zD.png

Giveaway #7 - Ask yourself one question, is giveaway 7 your lucky day? Well...is it, punk?

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game -- MB-86F32AAAA00BD02D - Taken by unpurposed

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

Not exactly a screenshot but I didn't think it'd be instantly recognizable otherwise as levels in PixelJunk Eden comprise mostly of empty space. I spent so much time in that level trying to get the last couple of spectras and I'm pretty sure I never got the final one.

I looked into this the other day and found a bunch of SPUF posts that mentioned Steam will automatically convert the currency.

Thanks! I guess in the worst case scenario somebody here will hopefully be able to take it and gift the games. Do you know if it's a direct/lazy conversion (ie the $20 is simply converted to €20) or if it's done via the exchange rates (so the $20 becomes €15.31)? I imagine the latter (hoping for the former though) but if you are unaware I thank you for your assistance regardless.

t-ramp

Okay, I'm a little bit tempted to get a couple more games, but I think I'm done with this sale. I can just get more games during the next sale. Anyway, what I did get:

Chivalry
Age of Empires II HD
Ys 1 & 2
System Shock 2
Metro 2033 (thanks ieavei!)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary & Underworld (thanks ExMachina!)

MrBig

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

gr8

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks! I guess in the worst case scenario somebody here will hopefully be able to take it and gift the games. Do you know if it's a direct/lazy conversion (ie the $20 is simply converted to €20) or if it's done via the exchange rates (so the $20 becomes €15.31)? I imagine the latter (hoping for the former though) but if you are unaware I thank you for your assistance regardless.

The conversion takes exchange rate into account, yes.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cth gave me Deus Ex HR which I can't wait to replay. As soon as I got the gift I said "I must buy the Missing Link since I've never tried that". Then I went and cooked a pork chop. When I got back, HoosTrax had gifted me the Missing Link

DUDES. Thanks :O

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

Quite simply one of the most interesting moments in the game

edit

fail

Whools

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

The first boss in super meat boy ( i tried marking it as a spoiler, but it still showed in the preview post, and it made it all derpy so i left it out, not really a spoiler, sorry anyway)
SuperMeatBoy_PC_013.png

It was the first level in the game I found a real challenge, so intense, my heart was racing and when I finally got it I was euphoric, it was what got me hooked on it.

Cth

Argh, crap..

I'm tempted to change my answer to something from Bruce Lee or Impossible Mission.

Was Space Taxi considered a platformer?

Tellaerin

Cth gave me Deus Ex HR which I can't wait to replay. As soon as I got the gift I said "I must buy the Missing Link since I've never tried that". Then I went and cooked a pork chop. When I got back, HoosTrax had gifted me the Missing Link

Clearly you should cook pork chops more often.

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

UllFPFN.jpg

Lode Runner 2

I've always loved puzzle platformers from the old days (Lode Runner, Jumpman, Wizard, etc...) and this was such a great, over-looked update to the formula.

Man, I wanna be gifted a pork chop
or a game

Turfster

It's good to be the king... dog...
I've got nothing.

I'm amazed they didn't add cards to DX:HR.
I would have crafted that, squenix!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I managed to get this, but the URL is actually malformed, haha. :(

So this has happened to a few people--what happens is someone submits a giveaway and there's a bug or they made an error (in TD's case it was a bug and I'm looking at it). Then they go to resubmit but copy the URL from their first PM--when URLs are displayed on GAF they're truncated, so when they copy it they get the truncated version of the URL. Then they submit the truncated version without noticing, and that's what gets given away. The solution is if you're going to copy a URL copy the link address not the text displayed.

Sorry about that. You'll have to go through TimeDog to get it fixed.

And sorry TimeDog for the extra work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom