• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyDot

Banned
Guys, I have something to say.

I only joined 2 months ago, and I'm still a junior. But after thread and thread, I've been laughing and cheering and I couldn't be happier, and it feels like home. The fact that I'm inside and stoned may have something to do with it.

So thank you, deep fried chicken.

ivRL2WOkfEYOP.gif

I'm dying over here

Edwardo

Does Universe Sandbox have planets listed as having life forms or anything detailed like that? Or is it just build a universe and smash it.

RedSwirl

Fuck. I'm still thinking about getting RE6.

I played through the whole thing on a PS3 rental and I think there's actually a pretty good game somewhere inside there. It's just buried under a lot of crap production decisions. Once you actually figure out how Capcom wants you to play the game it can be a pretty unique shooter.

I might install it and roll through some Mercenaries or something. What's the file size?

-hal-

Maybe I'm just getting jaded, but I cannot think of a single BL2 character I'd call more than "adequate". None even come close to great.

You must not like Tiny Tina as that is the obvious "stand-out", so I'll mention Torgue. Handsome Jack really stood out to me as being a great antagonist. Most of the rest of the NPC's were carried over from the first game.

As far as player-characters, most of the Borderlands "stars" really didn't even have much of a personality until Borderlands 2 when they were given heavy speaking roles. Gaige, Salvador, and Krieg have some good lines in this game and would be great to see in the next.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bad Rats #2 -- MB-51B0FB2E21259B0B - Taken by nightstorm
Bad Rats -- MB-F98507448F81D606 - Taken by Nimajneb

bad rats 2: electric boogaloo

yami4ct

Does Universe Sandbox have planets listed as having life forms or anything detailed like that? Or is it just build a universe and smash it.

Don't think it's that deep, at least from what I've seen. It's basically build your own large scale universe, then do whatever you want with it.

JoduanER2

I only joined 2 months ago, and I'm still a junior. But after thread and thread, I've been laughing and cheering and I couldn't be happier, and it feels like home. The fact that I'm inside and stoned may have something to do with it.

hahaha still appreciated by the non juniors

Oreoleo

No. There is no game element. No objectives or missions or anything. You can only edit the properties of the planets (density, orbit, gravity etc) and see what happens.

Last time I played there wasn't even any audio. I find space fascinating but I totally regret buying and would give it a hard pass if I could do it over again.

antitrop

Ya, I just got home from work like an hour ago. I've been eating my Five Guys fries, smoking a joint, and reading the thread.

I played through the whole thing on a PS3 rental and I think there's actually a pretty good game somewhere inside there. It's just buried under a lot of crap production decisions. Once you actually figure out how Capcom wants you to play the game it can be a pretty unique shooter.

I might install it and roll through some Mercenaries or something. What's the file size?

Around 16 GBs, join us who believe
know
it's one of the best TPS games ever made <3

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass

Just big sphere o' gravity.

And did someone say Alpha Protocol? That, my fellow GAFfers, is a goddamn game.

17GB installed here.

Dambrosi

Banned
waiting patiently for Alpha Protocol to drop because we all know that AP > Uncharted when it comes to third person cover shooters. can't wait to gift everyone the reigning game of the goddamn generation.
What? Binary Domain, surely. Overlooked, but awesome. 50% off at the mo, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom