• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyDot

Banned
I stepped in briefly and put an order in. How was it.

"HOLY SHIT METRO ONE CENT"

"what? Fuck you no it's not"

"it is! *posts link"

"BASED GOD"

"it's not gonna work"

"IT WORKS GUYS"

"oh fuck, I'm buying it"

"GOT THE CODE!"

"Cancelled, fucking europe"

"can someone get me a key"

"mom, bring me more pop-tarts"

"FUCK YOU BEST BUY"

"THANK YOU BEST BUY"

"I got cancelled too"

"cancelled"

"no..."

"NO!"

"mom, these pop-tards fucking suck"

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Universe Sandbox is basically gravity: the game. Smash some Earths together, throw a gas giant into the sun, etc etc. Should be decent fun for a low price

antitrop

"it is! *posts link"

"BASED GOD"

"it's not gonna work"

"IT WORKS GUYS"

"oh fuck, I'm buying it"

"GOT THE CODE!"

This could not possibly be more accurate.

kafiend

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Oil Rush -- MB-ACC860FE04D9AD61
Humble Indie Bundle #3 (Crayons Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, HammerFight & And Yet It Moves) -- MB-6B95172CEBBCE037

ArjanN

Played some Takedown (early alpha access for the higher tier kickstarter backers)

I think fans of SWAT 4/old school Rainbow Six will like this a lot.

jtb

Banned
waiting patiently for Alpha Protocol to drop because we all know that AP > Uncharted when it comes to third person cover shooters. can't wait to gift everyone the reigning game of the goddamn generation.

Neki

Man I'm too slow, all the games I can actually play get taken up so fast, lol. Need to F5 more while playing Project X Zone. xD

Digoman

Which of the Tomb Raiders starting from IV has the best/most amount of exploration and most interesting levels?

Probably repeating myself and others, but if what you want is exploration/puzzles and platforming, Anniversary is really the best. It remakes several of the original levels, but with more modern controls. Highly recommended.

EDIT: Should mention that the levels are not 1:1 remakes and more of an "inspired by" kind.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's such an enormous pacing buzzkill.
Guess that's what I subconsciously thought, I can't find any other explanation for dropping a game I was really enjoying. I'd like to go back to it, it was a great game so far. And I've bought the sequel too, so that's a good excuse to finish TW1.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
waiting patiently for Alpha Protocol to drop because we all know that AP > Uncharted when it comes to third person cover shooters. can't wait to gift everyone the reigning game of the goddamn generation.

will steam top its 2.00 alpha protocol sale price tag

imtehman

Banned
enjoy!

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan Wake -- MB-345B8E5DA61C71C8 - Taken by JoduanER2

Mildudon

Shorty, look out for dat robot dinosaur! hit it with your dildo laser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioIPlrr-6Zk

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Saints Row: The Third -- MB-277CB30CDB554BA3 - taken

masterkajo

Holy... Hitman Absolution is 23GB.
Well, guess I won't idle for cards. The local call to my ISP will surely cost more than I get from selling the cards when I have to explain why my download volume exceeded 50GB this month.

BadAss2961

Excellent RPG. But as a cover shooter? No. lol

Yusaku

So I've never played the Might and Magic games, except the Clash of Heroes puzzle game, which I loved. What are everyones thoughts on the M&M game on sale?

Going to past on Tomb Raider. Not going to play it any time soon. So'll go after indies instead for this summer sale and some really old titles too.

esai

"it is! *posts link"

"BASED GOD"

"it's not gonna work"

"IT WORKS GUYS"

"oh fuck, I'm buying it"

"GOT THE CODE!"

"mom, bring me more pop-tarts"

"FUCK YOU BEST BUY"

"THANK YOU BEST BUY"

"I got cancelled too"

"cancelled"

"no..."

"NO!"

"mom, these pop-tards fucking suck"

This could not possibly be more accurate.
Now I'm more sad that I missed it.

Sianos

Oh shit Alpha Protocol, I need that too. TO THE WISHLIST

inlwtra55I7Ax.jpg

Played some Takedown (early alpha access for the higher tier kickstarter backers)

I think fans of SWAT 4/old school Rainbow Six will like this a lot.
Only can get Steam games :(
Why aren't the SWAT games on Steam?

Still considering Rainbow Six 3 Gold, fiending for a tactical shooter that my specs can run

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Most given away games:
39 Hotline Miami
18 FTL
15 Dear Esther
14 Waking Mars
12 Anomaly Warzone Earth
12 Aquaria
12 Just Cause 2
12 McPixel
12 Mystery Game #1