• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
'buy as gift'

Well, there's more to it than that:

- Purchase an item as a gift
- Send it to your own e-mail address
- Open the e-mail and copy the redemption URL (you can chop off your e-mail address; just the token is enough)
- Give said URL to ModBot as a "key"

Could not disagree more. I loved the characters in Borderlands 1, but 2's characters I either got really bored with or just ended up outright hating.

I would say the plot is better in BL2, some of the characters are great, but not as memorable as BL1, and line writing was very hit or miss. Mechromancer is a phenomenally fun class to play.

MonkeyDot

Banned
3C8rm.jpg

What the fuck? It looks even worse with those red arrows and circle. Are you stupid?

Dr Dogg

Did you not read the rest of my post? :p

Hahaha yeah but if you've been as crazy as me (more than likely more so) or more over as lazy as me you'd just buy them any way. Example, I couldn't be bothered to download and install Super Meatboy again so just bought up what was needed to craft the badge. Yeah I think I might need help.

yami4ct

I would say the plot is better in BL2, some of the characters are great, but not as memorable as BL1, and line writing was very hit or miss. Mechromancer is a phenomenally fun class to play.

Maybe I'm just getting jaded, but I cannot think of a single BL2 character I'd call more than "adequate". None even come close to great.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Still had Oil Rush available, plus found some others. I'm PRETTY sure Cave Story is fine, since it didn't seem to be redeemed in my Humble Bundle list, but sorry it if is not.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gish -- MB-6D95E0E98C13FB96 - Taken by xDEKOIx
Cave Story Plus -- MB-FE30E3C38C9CE157 - Taken by IcyRhythms
Oil Rush -- MB-FEFA9413ABF74A00

ElFly

Gotta give back too

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic -- MB-75F00B3D594058E7 - Taken by DukeBobby

Li Kao

Mmh let's see, I thought I would be more serious this year seeing the budget hindered by a newly imported 3DS XL, but so far...

Fez
Ys I & II chronicles
Resident Evil 6 vanilla
The only solo DLC for Tomb Raider

This is beginning to be worrying.
Waiting for a shit ton of daily for indie games like Rogue Legacy primarily.

yami4ct

Didn't know foil cards were hard to sell. Hopefully mine sells by the end of the day. The lowest price I saw was $2.13 so I set mine at $2.00.

Got a Don't Starve foil, set it like 15 cents lower than the lowest and sold it within like 2 hours. So, YMMV I guess.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the swamp chapter of the Witcher is where the game loses so many people which is a shame but pretty understandable. The Witcher 2 is much better paced.
I was loving the game until then. I even liked travelling through the swamps, but one day I stopped playing and never came back.

Dambrosi

Banned

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hahaha yeah but if you've been as crazy as me (more than likely more so) or more over as lazy as me you'd just buy them any way. Example, I couldn't be bothered to download and install Super Meatboy again so just bought up what was needed to craft the badge. Yeah I think I might need help.

Haha, well, I did max out the Dota 2 badge from square zero: after receiving a beta invite from Valve last year, I played the game for all of about two minutes, and since I didn't spend any money in the in-game store, I didn't have any drops to use up, so I just bought five of each card.

Kinyou

Mmh let's see, I thought I would be more serious this year seeing the budget hindered by a newly imported 3DS XL, but so far...

Fez
Ys I & II chronicles
Resident Evil 6 vanilla
The only solo DLC for Tomb Raider

This is beginning to be worrying.
Waiting for a shit ton of daily for indie games like Rogue Legacy primarily.
Which one is the solo dlc for Tomb Raider.

The tomb one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom