• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running out of cards to sell. I have £8.50 in my steam wallet, two or three TF2 cards left to drop. Need to budget my purchases accordingly!

(Ignores the fact that people are spending hundreds on game during the sale)

Thought TF2 cards only drop when you buy things?

The Steam Gods answered my Tomb Raider prayer (well almost price wise, but I still got it).

Now I pray for Resident Evil: Revelations.

Answer my call!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh come now, F.E.A.R. 3 wasn't that bad. Certainly not on a Revelations level :D
Never played Revelations, so I can't tell. But that one was a disgrace to a franchise I loved so much, so it hurted A LOT.

It killed the franchise. The original FEAR is still one of the best FPSs of its time and I definitely enjoyed FEAR 2, as well. Fuh-threer has few redeeming qualities.
This man speaks nothing but the truth.

I wouldn't expect any less from someone who's a big fan of Spec Ops: The Line.

antitrop

I played F.3.A.R. for about two hours than quit :(

So sad, F.E.A.R. was amazing.

The controls on 3 were just so janky.

Yes, dreadful game.

6eRntxp.png

Another indie recommendation!

Puddle - $2.99 (70% off)
ss_7ed985ae358c157aa4bea3e905eef2b754f1242c.1920x1080.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222140/

Rotate the environment to maneuver various fluids through obstacles and traps. Awesome fluid physics and innovative level designs ranging from a rocket engine to the human body.

It's really cool. Each fluid varies in viscosity and other elements. For example playing as nitroglycerin, you have to go slowly so you don't explode but also have to segment yourself to blow up obstacles

The levels are equally varied. In one you might be manipulating rocket fuel in a space ship engine than be in zero gravity once the ship launches.

Or you're cough medicine, moving through the body in fuzzy x ray-style visuals, avoiding needles and controlling peristalsis to move through the digestive tract

Highly recommended

Almighty

Anybody here own Risen? Looking for recommendations to buy it or a warning not to buy it.

The game is pretty damn good.

Personally I think it is one of the best open world RPGs in recent years. While it is not as big as others the world is well crafted, the factions are interesting, and the combat is not too bad either. It also doesn't hold your hand(which is a plus in my book) and you have to work at being a badass. You can't just slaughter everything you see right off the bat.

So yeah worth a buy in my book. In fact I just got it today.(lost my original copy sometime ago)

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider Anniversary -- MB-FD982B9F311BC2A8 - Taken by wetflame

Got kinda antsy not buying anything today (lol), so I'm trying this giveaway stuff out...

usea

Getting addicted to Triple Town. I opened it just to idle for cards, but then I played for 2 hours.

And didn't get any cards.

Never played Revelations, so I can't tell. But that one was a disgrace to a franchise I loved so much, so it hurted A LOT.

Yeah, really wish some more love have been put into it. Fear 1 is still so good despite the repetitive environments, the franchise really should have hit it off.

Run Like Hell mode is seriously a great time though, worth playing a few rounds.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey Stump, can you code Modbot to do some raffle instead of first come first serve in the future? Like all entries within 30 minutes or something and a random name gets chosen? Or is that too much work?

I can but I won't be during the summer sale.

FEAR 3 positives

Run Like Hell Mode

Ending made me laugh, was actually kind of cool

Negatives

Everything else :D

For a few bucks it's fun enough though. As others mentioned though, compared to the other games in the franchise it just stands as a really poor effort. Wish someone would create texture mods for the first game or something of that nature. Still so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom