• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider: Anniversary -- MB-DAC3E415C42AC799 - Taken by louiedog

Lets give this a try.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, really wish some more love have been put into it. Fear 1 is still so good despite the repetitive environments, the franchise really should have hit it off.

Run Like Hell mode is seriously a great time though, worth playing a few rounds.
Never played F.E.A.R. 3 online. I should try that someday, when I'm feeling masochist enough

The original game's multiplayer was fantastic. Many hours were spent on the free F.E.A.R. Combat, even before I got the full game.

vh2P5wg.png

campaign co-op was fun. I've definitely done worse for $5..

I bought DARK on launch, lol. No one wanted to play it on GAF, so I took the hit. Enjoying more than Bioshock...

How about this for modbot activity?

Modbot leaves the contest open for 30 seconds - 1 min, repeatedly (for the case that the give-a-way goes unnoticed), until one or more PMs are sent for a giveaway.

At this point, Modbot randomly selects one person, among those who had sent a PM.

I think this might be more fun for people who don't have instant refresh internet ability and might not be able to be the first person to enter a code, though the time window would limit the amount of entries to something to keep the odds of winning good.

Another rule could be made to limit the pool of PMs for random selection under a certain amount, like 3, or 5.

I'm going to be leaving for the weekend and won't have access beyond cellphone, so I'm not suggesting this for myself, but for those poor souls who may be struggling to win.

What do you think?

I still have all the old Tomb Raider games on disc but figured I'll just add the steam versions since they are dirt cheap. Is there any way to patch in the great music from the saturn/psx versions to the original PC Tomb Raider? A shame it only has the great main theme (unless the steam version was updated in any way).

Gameboy415

Game Maker: Studio Professional should be on sale too (I think I got it all for $299 from the $499 it is now). I remember when I got the master collection and saw each dlc/app was discounted.

I will snap it up in a heartbeat if it drops that low (or hopefully lower) in this sale! :D

Toki767

I'll definitely try to work on some sort of contest for people who have yet to win from Modbot. Some people can't just sit here and F5 all day.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
How about this for modbot activity?

Modbot leaves the contest open for 30 seconds - 1 min, repeatedly (for the case that the give-a-way goes unnoticed), until one or more PMs are sent for a giveaway.

At this point, Modbot randomly selects one person, among those who had sent a PM.

I think this might be more fun for people who don't have instant refresh internet ability and might not be able to be the first person to enter a code, though the time window would limit the amount of entries to something to keep the odds of winning good.

Another rule could be made to limit the pool of PMs for random selection under a certain amount, like 3, or 5.

I'm going to be leaving for the weekend and won't have access beyond cellphone, so I'm not suggesting this for myself, but for those poor souls who may be struggling to win.

What do you think?

That would be cool as an option for people.

Or we could just use SteamGifts.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks ExMachina! Can't get Tomb Raider Anniversary for cheap here in the UK so it's very much appreciated!

No prob, hope you enjoy it as much as I did! TRA was my favorite pickup a couple of Steam sales ago... just trying to spread the goodness. :)

Berek

Neo Member
Ok, someone talk to me about Borderlands 2. Is it worth playing solo? I've always stayed away from those games because of their co-op nature.

i4fPL7gbATjFA.PNG

Huzzah.

As for multiple game card drops; I've founds that after getting the drops(they all come at once) I have to shut everything and start them back up or nothing will drop.

Ok, someone talk to me about Borderlands 2. Is it worth playing solo? I've always stayed away from those games because of their co-op nature.

I think it's definitely more fun co-op, and I could see it getting boring playing it solo, but I've done it before with little issue.

kennah

It's fine solo. Gets a little easy to burn yourself out but it's fine. I played bl1 and 2 mostly by myself.

The generosity in this thread really is amazing. It is true that steam sales really do bring out the best in people. Specifically I'd like to thank Deadbeat for giving me my death (in the form of FTL)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom