• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to explore as much as you can in Sector 1. The fights should be easier at the beginning of the game, so the more you explore, the more scrap you can potentially earn. Getting the Long Range Scanner early can help you to avoid solar flares and other environmental dangers. If you happen upon a Scrap Recovery Arm in a shop, buy it! It will increase the scrap you receive from battles and random events. By the end of Sector 1, it will be good to have leveled up your engines to where you have 20-25% dodge, and shield level 2 if you were lucky with scraps. Sector 2 is doable with shield level 1, but by Sector 3, enemies will be more powerful and have increased shielding.

Also, since you're playing on Easy, you should have enough scrap to upgrade your doors to Blast Doors (20 scrap). This allows you to trap enemy boarders in a room, since they have to take time to open the door. If you remove the oxygen from the room by opening the doors to vacuum, you can suffocate the enemy and kill/weaken them before they can get to your crew.

If you're using the Kestrel (default ship), it comes equipped with a Burst Laser Mk II (one of the best balanced weapons in the game, considering firepower, energy requirements, and recharge time) . Use this to target the enemy's weapons. The Burst Laser Mk II can pass through 1 shield and damage the weapon systems so the enemy ship will be unable to attack. Then target the cockpit or engines to ensure the enemy doesn't escape. I usually start a battle by attacking weapons and cockpit, then moving on to life support and other systems (enemy crew will prioritize repairing the life support systems over all others). Hope this helps.

Bookmarked for future reference; thanks :).

Nice pic. Really feels like family here. With nice cousins, likeable aunts but also some creepy uncles. Perfect!

Now, now, don't say that and come and sit on my knee.

What'd I miss? :D

LOTS of Modbot action including an awesome giveaway for post #2500.

The_Monk being adorably awesome. Yes, I know, so what's new?

Awesome

Well written and I totally agree. I've been a part of a lot of forums but NeoGaf has been the most helpful, most personable and friendly, funniest, most generous community I've joined. I'm happy to be a GAFfer

Hear, hear [in respect of pc GAF].

Gvaz

Banned
A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.

In it. Voted 5.

Yondy604

Banned
A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.

Can we put this post in every OP.

Signed.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

I would give Cogs a home but I already have one. And the tyrannical steam won't allow me to take in another.

qEai8pH.jpg

tumblr_lxmcewfwIS1qjjat2o1_500.jpg

*Hugs*

If you tell anyone about this I will hunt you down Monk.

Acorn

qEai8pH.jpg

Lovely gesture man. Thanks for that.

lmpaler

qEai8pH.jpg

Wow. Bro fist love my man

keit4

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/qEai8pH.jpg[IMG]

There is a total of [B]335[/B] fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

[B]We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not. [/B][/QUOTE]

Great post, fellow gaffer.

Oreoleo

http://i.imgur.com/qEai8pH.jpg[IMG]

There is a total of [B]335[/B] fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

[B]We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not. [/B][/QUOTE]

That's nice, man. Thanks for including me :)

I'm dying for STALKER to go on sale so I can gift a few copies out.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Is there any Simcity type game anyone could recommend? I don't want SC5 because of the always online, and SC4 has issues with W8. Itching to get a sim builder of some kind. I already have City Life and it sucks.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Oh man, you put me there!
(my avatar is cropped, but it doesn't matter :p)

You're awesome, and that pic is great. You brought so much love here with your posts, you're a real gentleman.

If you ever come to Argentina, I'll buy you a beer. And a glass of Fernet with Coke.

qEai8pH.jpg

Man, I need to gift some shit. I'll see what I come up with.

Card Boy

Banned
Hi Gaf.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dungeons of Dredmor -- MB-410430313D9F1808 - Taken by PandaPedinte

Make sure you dabble in the Dark Arts of Bowiemancy!

268x268.resizedimage

HoosTrax

Is there any Simcity type game anyone could recommend? I don't want SC5 because of the always online, and SC4 has issues with W8. Itching to get a sim builder of some kind. I already have City Life and it sucks.
I guess you missed the Tropico deal, but it might make a return before the end of the sale.

chugen

fun have

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider V: Chronicles -- MB-C4F622FD36BA42A5 - Taken by liezryou
McPixel -- MB-3A3868B8AA5C25B8 - Taken by Prophane33
Tomb Raider: Underworld -- MB-2AAAC1D34BCD3752 - Taken by Discoid

That is awesome! <3

Borderlands 2 still too expensive for my blood. Got the first for $5 on a previous Steam sale. I'll wait until the winter sale to see if it drops to that level.

Seanspeed

Banned
What's everyone voting for? I have all three, but Incredipede is a very beautiful game, so I voted for it. And for 1,40€ where Im living it's a steal.
Antichamber.

The only puzzle games I like are the ones that are unique and do a good job of taking you out of your comfort zone. This definitely seems to check those boxes.

I bought it already unfortunately, but eh, oh well. As long as the game is good I'm not complaining!

qEai8pH.jpg

Wow... manly tears here. Now get back to buy more games.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Just got Playstation Plus (EU) this month. Download all the games.

Steam Summer Sale Day One: 4 items downloading.

WHAT AM I DOING.

Kinyou

Time to give Gaf something back

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Broken Sword Directors cut -- MB-A4F77E742D4DC250 - Taken by xptoxyz

Cth

I need to gift him something too, but I fear that I will end up giving him the same game as someone else.

Twenty copies of Tomb Raider Classic? You shouldn't have!

There's a couple of people I'm considering getting gifts for as well. Everyone needs to make sure your wishlists are updated and current!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom