• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.

My avatar looks great in there!
You rock dude (But your upside down avatar makes me feel uneasy)

masterkajo

About 100 cards or so have dropped for me and not one of them have been a foil. Real shame :(

Yeah, on the plus side. A foil is hardly worth anything anymore. Back in the early beta days one foil was all you needed to finance the summer sale
's first day
. Now you can't even buy a game with it.

Dr.Acula

Banned
A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.

Sweet, prime real-estate!

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

That's amazing, really nice job! Also, I love seeing my avatar on there.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider: Anniversary -- MB-D75E03C574B1E923 - Taken by Rafy

<3 GAF

Aomber

qEai8pH.jpg

This needs to be in the MAIN thread in the OP

Aww yeah I'm in it

Bout to boot up Tomb Raider 2013, heard it's pretty similar to the uncharted series which I enjoyed. Also got Tomb Raider Anniversary and Underworld for 80 cents each which was an absolute steal.

Caerith

• Kingdoms of Amalur Complete [Origin] ($8) | Gamefly | Use code GFDJUL20 | US and Canada Only
The Origin version has been free before, so that's not really a great deal there. Steam or burst.

I thought gifting was a way to jump that region lock?
All games handle region locks differently. A lot can be bypassed through gifting, but some locks are IP-based and for those, even if you gift it from a different region, it reverts to the home region when you try to play it.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I think foils will be worth more in the future on smaller "cult classic" type games that fewer people are playing but the player base is obsessive about.

They'll be worthless

sibarraz

Banned

qEai8pH.jpg

Nipples the Enchilada made it there <3

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
People gift to another region all the time with no problems, but personally I wouldn't be creating a web of fake out-of-region accounts to redeem multi-region credits to gift stuff to myself :p

It's not a game. It's a very detailed physics simulator of the universe where you can fiddle with all sorts of stuff. I liked accelerating trillions of years and watching stars die, personally. It depends what you're looking for. I think it's a neat toy.

How detailed? I was a physics major and took quite a few planetary physics courses. Can you like change the internal heat of planets/give them plate techtonics/etc, or is it mostly modifying mass and stuff?

qEai8pH.jpg

Huge smile when i saw this post and my avatar there, you rock!!!

I think foils will be worth more in the future on smaller "cult classic" type games that fewer people are playing but the player base is obsessive about.

They'll be worthless

You know what will be fun? When the 2nd sets of cards come out and the first sets, along with the foils are discontinued.

Armageddon itself will break loose.

_woLf

qEai8pH.jpg

Keeping LightningGAF down yet again

$h@d0w

Just smoked past 200 games by buying the Tomb Raider Collection, then I look at some of you guys' number of games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom