• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait!? WHAT!? Did that get a flash sale and I missed it? It's the one game I've ben waiting to pick up so I just want to ensure that I didn't end up missing the sale. If it hasn't, you really need to wait for the daily deals or your just going to kick yourself later when they appear.

no, afaik it hasn't. It's been 50% off all the time.

yay, I'm on the pic. neat.

So day 2 of my first ever steam sale and i've picked up;
Mirror's edge
System shock 2
New Vegas ultimate edition
Shogun 2 fall of the samurai collection
Half life 2
Left 4 dead 2
You fucked up.
iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

Whools

A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.

Wow, good job Mr./Mrs. Monk, It's brilliant

Wait, yesterday's deals end in 16 hours. Today's daily deals also end in 16 hours. Do only select days get extended to 48 hours? Or is the timer for today misleading and they really will last another day?

masterkajo

Wait, yesterday's deals end in 16 hours. Today's daily deals also end in 16 hours. Do only select days get extended to 48 hours? Or is the timer for today misleading and they really will last another day?

No 16 hours until new dailies and the old ones are good for another 24 hours again.

Xavien

A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.

Holy Crap, that's some dedication.

I voted for Incredipede, ends up with the lowest share of the vote :( feels bad man.

Milchmann

The timer is misleading. If you check the game pages you can see that today's deals will end in 40 hours.

graywolf323

qEai8pH.jpg

I'm going to assume I'm the broken image one

So day 2 of my first ever steam sale and i've picked up;
Bad rats
Witcher 2
C&C4
C&C3 +Kane's Wrath
Bioshock 1, 2 and infinite
Mirror's edge
Dark souls
System shock 2
New Vegas ultimate edition
The walking dead
Shogun 2 fall of the samurai collection
Hotline Miami
Half life 2
Saints row 3 full package
The last remnant
Left 4 dead 2

PHEW, I think my library has doubled haha! Still looking for good deals on Metro, Stalker, Dead island and Fallout 3 goty edition. This shit is better than Xmas.
You broke the first rule bro.

Not a flash sale I think just normal sale. I think it's 4.99 or 5.99

Ok, thank you. I was worried it had appeared at a further discount and I missed it.

Inversive, as has been stated above you really need to wait for the flash sales/votes/daily deals; they could very easily appear at a lower cost. As a rule of thumb, if it isn't a special deal, don't buy it unless it's the last day.

graywolf323

front page timer is off, on the actual game pages for today's deal it has the right countdown

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Kind of surprised that Incredipede finished last. Antichamber is amazing, but was just on sale for the last 48 hours. Not a huge shock that Universe Sandbox won the vote, it seems like it's won a community choice the last three sales.

FoxSpirit

qEai8pH.jpg

Bah, we certainly don't love Syndicate enough or Satellite Reign would have funded twice already :-

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok, thank you. I was worried it had appeared at a further discount and I missed it.

Inversion, as has been stated above you really need to wait for the flash sales/votes/daily deals; they could very easily appear at a lower cost. As a rule of thumb, if it isn't a special deal, don't buy it unless it's the last day.

flash sales tend to repeat so I wouldn't feel too bad about missing one

qEai8pH.jpg

That was very awesome of you.

Peace Walker

Neo Member

qEai8pH.jpg

Where am I? ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom