• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
watch fringe until you fall asleep on the couch and it prevents you from seeing the soul-crushingly disappointing last season

B-b-b-but it was good
im2Kaud1meyXe.gif

Bizzity

Damn near unanimous! For fear that I'm dangerously close to derailing this thread into Fringe discussion, I'm off to get season 3 finished.

EDIT: Anyone else find it strange that on a video game forum, in a thread that exists solely to discuss buying cheap games, very few people recommended that I actually play games? Hah.

AdamMPSP

So, what's the deal with RPG Maker. Should I bite? I'm a writer with no programming experience who might have some fun with it.

Digoman

bought a game as a "gift" and can't find the steam key. Can anyone help?

If you're talking about the game, it's in your inventory. If you're talking about the cdkey, you don't have access to it (if the game even has one) until it's in your library. If you want to gift someone, you'll need to send an email. Or send to yourself and get the url to redeem and pass it along (instructions in the OP if that is the case).

I finally got FTL.

Also I got Universe Sandbox. I don't know if it is any good but the last week I spent two days playing with a browser gravity emulator, so I guess I will like it.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I need some advice. My fiancee is working over night tonight, she's a vet tech at an emergency clinic, and I can't decide what I should do.

Should I:
A: Play X-Com
B: Play Chivalry
C: Play CS: GO
D: Watch Fringe on Netflix
E: Fall asleep on the couch
F: All of the above AT THE SAME TIME

Any help with my poor decision making skills would be greatly appreciated.
Man, you should've already watched Fringe!

I'd say go with G (watch House of Cards) or H (watch Continuum)

Bingo! Except replace Fringe with Continuum.
YES

Prophane33

I finally got FTL.

Also I got Universe Sandbox. I don't know if it is any good but the last week I spent two days playing with a browser gravity emulator, so I guess I will like it.

I must literally be the last person here without FTL. I need to make some more money with cards first.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
So, what's the deal with RPG Maker. Should I bite? I'm a writer with no programming experience who might have some fun with it.

It's great if you have no programming or art experience and want to make traditional SNES style JRPGs. There are plenty of assets around and if you want to make something more complicated than the base system there are plug and play codes that you can easily put into your game.

dmr87

I need some advice. My fiancee is working over night tonight, she's a vet tech at an emergency clinic, and I can't decide what I should do.

Should I:
A: Play X-Com
B: Play Chivalry
C: Play CS: GO
D: Watch Fringe on Netflix
E: Fall asleep on the couch
F: All of the above AT THE SAME TIME

Any help with my poor decision making skills would be greatly appreciated.

X-COM, ez.

Dmax3901

It's a shame I can't redeem my GOG copy of Witcher 2 on Steam.

It's a shame I'm not on that big collection of Steam Sale Thread avatars.

It's a shame.

TheContact

carfo...if that's all you wanted. I could have given it to you for free.

Thank you Casimir but all this giving has me feeling pretty generous too

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Universe Sandbox -- MB-7413B51E4ECABDAF - Taken by Aitor

Vecks

Damn near unanimous! For fear that I'm dangerously close to derailing this thread into Fringe discussion, I'm off to get season 3 finished.

EDIT: Anyone else find it strange that on a video game forum, in a thread that exists solely to discuss buying cheap games, very few people recommended that I actually play games? Hah.

We're only buying games, not playing them.

DukeBobby

ive always wanted to play it, but i was afraid it could look dated... i do tolerate old games, should i just go for it?

It does look dated, but the New Vision mod significantly improves the textures.

It is currently 50% off on Steam, but if Human Revolution goes on sale, it might go even cheaper.

Either way, you should definitely play it.

Bit on Penny Arcade 4, bringing my total up to $7.58.

So, Universe Sandbox is supposed to simulate the universe, right?
Can you use it to test if entropy could be halted by teen angst?

Doubt there's enough computer power in the entire world for that one.

Blah. I go Chivalry but something is wrong with it. Game stutters every time I move the mouse. Totally unplayable.

I tried all the suggestions, updted drivers, modified .ini files, turned off mouse acceleration, etc etc. Nothing has fixed this problem. Anyone else have issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom