• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Hard to decide the next vote, they're all pretty good, especially Baldurs and System Shock. I'm probably going to vote Baldur's unless someone can convince me otherwise

Baldur's on steam is not the latest version of a rather buggy port that's stuck in a cloud of legal issues.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Wow, just found out first hand how shit the saving system in Blood Dragon is.

FACE

Banned
Hard to decide the next vote, they're all pretty good, especially Baldurs and System Shock. I'm probably going to vote Baldur's unless someone can convince me otherwise

You're better off buying Baldur's Gate on GOG and installing mods, the enhanced edition is buggy as hell and the new intro sucks.

Kaizen

BGpOp61.gif

bought

So who else is gonna hoard their steam cards until after the summer sale is over? I mean the market can't get much worse, right guys? Right? <.<

Timeless

Who gets paid when someone buys System Shock 2 on Steam? Does Irrational get any money?

I did not like Universe Sandbox, despite a passing interest in space / astronomy. There's not enough to do.

Jarnet87

Anyone played Lords of Football? I'm sure it will be even cheaper as it goes on.

Just grabbed Tomb Raider and RC3, too good a deal. $17 for the both of them, thank you based Steam. Voted SS2 as well. It was on sale not that long ago for like $7 or so I think, but for $2.50 my cheap arse will cave.

Fracas

#fuckonami
For new page:

Has anyone had framerate issues on Surgeon Simulator? I know my laptop can run it at max, yet on anything but low, it stutters. Maybe it's not using my Nvidia GPU? Here's my setup:

i7 processor
Geforce 650M
8gb DDR3 RAM

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I hope System Shock 2 wins. I'm going to have to sell a card or two to be able to get it, though. Hopefully I can wake up early enough to get it, though. If I calculated it correctly, I have to buy it before 9:30 am tomorrow. Hopefully I don't sleep in. :p

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just completed my first set of cards ever and crafted a badge (Bioshock Infinite). Why is this so satisfying? I'll do it with Hotline Miami next.

Now that many games have cards and they're selling for cents I feel like completing sets for the games I like a lot. It's also fun to do a couple of refreshes and seeing a seller going below the average.

Doomedfool

Glad someone said it. I really don't understand it myself.

Not sure I get it either. System Shock 2 is one of my favorite games. Probably top 3 for me, but I still had a hell of a lot of fun with Bioshock. /shrug

That being said, I don't own a digital copy of SS2 yet, so I am hoping it wins.

masterkajo

So who else is gonna hoard their steam cards until after the summer sale is over? I mean the market can't get much worse, right guys? Right? <.<

I am hoping the market will recover a bit after the sale. Otherwise I wasted almost all my bandwith cap of this month for nothing. I have to wait until next month to download the games I buy in the sale and actually want to play.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Never tried that, with the color mod someone posted I might pick it up anyway.

I was really looking forward to it before the demo but that's not always the best way to judge games anyway.
The Road is a book. It was also made into a movie, starring Aragorn. They're both fantastic.

This isn't EXACTLY the same but it's closer:
Oh god, no. No. Noooooo.
idk about that color mod. It's like a color mod into Fallout 3. The super dry aesthetic is meant to better reflct the dire situation and all. I'd say keep the original color if you can stomach it.

Yeah, the lack of color is an important part of the game. It's part of the atmosphere, and the story.

cicero

System Shock is already on GOG. Grimrock is a freakin' awesome game.

Grimrock is already on GOG as well, AND Humble. System Shock 2 has the chance to be the cheapest it has ever been, not so with Grimrock. System Shock 2 is also getting cards soon.

Vote System Shock 2.

RedSwirl

System Shock 2 fans are the worst, because they can never talk about how great SS2 is without shitting all over Bioshock in the process. It's absolutely insufferable.

BioShock is not a bad game at all. It's probably a great game. But System Shock 2 is still better.

I think the reason people get mad at BioShock is because that game get's a shitload of praise and recognition that should probably go to SS2, since that game basically did all the same shit eight years earlier.

Seanspeed

Banned
Well, Dark Souls was just on sale a few hours before. It's also GFWL so a good portion of people couldn't even vote for it (right?).
Why couldn't some people vote for it? I looked up what GFWL is, but I'm not sure how that relates to this...?

Its not region-locked, is it? I really wanted this.

Turfster

Just completed my first set of cards ever and crafted a badge (Bioshock Infinite). Why is this so satisfying? I'll do it with Hotline Miami next.

Now that many games have cards and they're selling for cents I feel like completing sets for the games I like a lot. It's also fun to do a couple of refreshes and seeing a seller going below the average.

I'm sorry, they've got you ;_;
I felt like that at first too. Now I'm looking at 15 sets I'll probably never complete, and we're only on day 3 =p

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I had no idea GFWL games were region locked, I guess that explains it.
Yes, one of main reason why GFWL should die in a fire already.

For those looking at Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, know that it's a poorly optimized game. I have lots of nostalgia for it, but there's no denying that it stutters a lot when the park is very developed.
That's par the course for games like this, specially old ones.

antitrop

BioShock is not a bad game at all. It's probably a great game. But System Shock 2 is still better.

I think the reason people get mad at BioShock is because that game get's a shitload of praise and recognition that should probably go to SS2, since that game basically did all the same shit eight years earlier.
That's fine, I don't even disagree, I just dislike how SS2 can seemingly never be brought up without Bioshock in tow.

Obviously that's mostly Ken's fault for saying Bioshock is the spiritual successor, he should just shut up.

CackleAndHide

Neo Member
Lets put it this way, there is an active community of insane people making stuff like this with the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH4tZTREWeE

But its awesome.

That is a crazy video. Just looked at some of the related videos as well, some very creative stuff!

Bought! My list of purchases is starting to add up...

Anyone play Heroes VI? I played Heroes I, II and III a lot back when they first came out but never really caught any of the later ones. Looking at the screens it looks pretty different from what I remember!

Prophane33

I am hoping the market will recover a bit after the sale. Otherwise I wasted almost all my bandwith cap of this month already and can't play the games I buy and actually want to play until next month.

I honestly can't see the prices for MOST cards going back up. There will possibly be so many in circulation that the majority will be damn near worthless (check out any graph today to see just how big a hit the market took in ONE day). If they push cards again during the Winter sale (which you can bet they will) the market is going to take another huge hit, unless they come up with a way to make cards actually worth something. As I've stated earlier, the in-house economist has to be jizzing his pants while pouring over this economic data within a closed system. As an amateur economist this has been super interesting.

Yes, one of main reason why GFWL should die in a fire already.
One of the many reasons.

I started playing Resident Evil 5 (GFWL game) with my girlfriend, and it signed my 360 account out meaning I couldn't watch Netflix at the same time.

Get your shit together MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom