• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynar

So, what's the deal with RPG Maker. Should I bite? I'm a writer with no programming experience who might have some fun with it.
I remember you. I miss your excite truck video. How are you still a junior? :p

And sure bite. Its a good price for some quick fun.

Jzero

Damn it Joy to Key isn't working too well for me. Setting the arrow keys to the up down left right on the xbox 360 stick makes it move too fast.

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider Anniversary -- MB-0F5AED082B1EBF78 - Taken by Rob N Banks

Here we go folks! Hoping for a bit of karma to come my way later... come on XCOM, come on Rogue Legacy!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Bought The Walking Dead based on praise alone. If it isn't actually great the internet will answer for this.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
No idea if I+II were on sale already, but they've been doing a lot of tiny updates making me think cards are coming (oh, all that is holy I hope so!).

I bought 1 and 2 when they were on sale. I want the rest of them.

Fixed Dark Souls issue which was put the Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Prophane33

No, but buying it on Steam puts another tick in the wall to get Half-Minute Hero 2 in English.

Funfact: The guy in charge of Half-Minute Hero made an Iphone game that's very similar.

Edit: I actually didn't realise that a real sequel came out in 2011, how did I miss that? Time to get my import on.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I think I'm going to turn my PC into a Steam Box once we close on our house and get moved in, Big Picture Mode is dope.
Sure is. Now only if more games were completely controller compatible...

Saints Row: The Third would be if you didn't have to choose which DirectX to use EVERY TIME.
LLShC.gif

zychi

Banned
I think I'm going to turn my PC into a Steam Box once we close on our house and get moved in, Big Picture Mode is dope.

I tried to do this, but I can't totally convert because of MMOs. If I there was some easy way to do that, I'd have a steambox and a laptop.

JDHarbs

Bought The Walking Dead based on praise alone. If it isn't actually great the internet will answer for this.
Most people I see either love this game or they hate it. Go into it without any kind of expectations and you'll probably enjoy it more for what it is.

Turfster

What's the best Tomb Raider? I've only played the latest one and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Depends on what you want. If you want something like 2013, then uh... 2013 ;)
If you want more exploration, less pewpew, I'd go with Anniversary, which is a remake of the first one.

Fuu

Most people I see either love this game or they hate it. Go into it without any kind of expectations and you'll probably enjoy it more for what it is.
I'll do that because honestly I don't even have any basis to expect anything from it, I know pretty much zero about the series/comics and the only Telltalle game I ever played was a short Bone adventure game years ago, haha.

I need some advice. My fiancee is working over night tonight, she's a vet tech at an emergency clinic, and I can't decide what I should do.

Should I:
A: Play X-Com
B: Play Chivalry
C: Play CS: GO
D: Watch Fringe on Netflix
E: Fall asleep on the couch
F: All of the above AT THE SAME TIME

Any help with my poor decision making skills would be greatly appreciated.

Does X-Com and Chivalry have cards? If they both have cards 'play' them at the same time and then watch Fringe before falling asleep on the couch, waking up and selling the cards you received.

Fuu

Isn't episode 1 free so you could try it out?
Is it? I had no idea! I was also confused at the in-store description and spent some seconds trying to figure out if the purchase included all the episodes or only the first one, so I'm feeling a bit dumb right now in general.

krae_man

What's the best Tomb Raider? I've only played the latest one and enjoyed it quite a bit.

I'd say go with the most recent trilogy(Legend, Underworld, and Anniversary) first. Those have controls more in line with current 3d games.

The PS1 games all have a more antiquated control scheme but still control very well once you get the hang of it and have a far better sense of scale and exploration.

man tomb raider 1 is so old at this point that it looks like a 3D cave story

Apparently there are some tricks to getting it to look better here

TheD

The Detective
Sure is. Now only if more games were completely controller compatible...

Saints Row: The Third would be if you didn't have to choose which DirectX to use EVERY TIME.
LLShC.gif

You can get pass that, just rename "SaintsRowTheThird.exe" or "SaintsRowTheThird_DX11.exe" to "game_launcher.exe" (after making a backup of it).

Possible last of what I have to offer, hope people get enjoyment out of them.
Reminds me I need to play more of Capsized.

ModBot be praised.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-9E3409588209CB33 - Taken by Sykotik
Capsized -- MB-D64EB0C0106BD2CD - Taken by Oreoleo
The Basement Collection -- MB-DA1256AC03E1A420 - Taken by Onionkid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom