• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Oh I know your pain. Same thing happened to me with a Civ 5 foil and with a bunch of Mystery cards. But this was from a Witcher 2 drop when there were still only like 7 on the market. The earlier you can get a card on the market the more you will make.

One of my cards is a Go Home Dinosaurs foil, Bruno Stegosaurus. There's never been many of them, but nobody wants to make a dinosaurs foil set... Another one is an anodyne Fisheman foil. Again, hardly anyone buys them, and everyone's been slashing prices since the beginning of the month...
I was the first one to have a McPixelette foil, and put it on the market for a decent price (like, 3$). I eventually got about 60 cents for it.
Man, I really miss the beta, where people were actually paying good money for foils.

Salsa

So many memories of playing a rental of TR1 on a Sega Saturn, then buying and beating it on PC one year later. I have love for all Laras.

tumblr_mklljf1y7E1reef6jo1_1280.jpg

is there fanfic

Jzero

Has anyone experience a lot of problems with Hotline Miami? I've only been able to play it once, its giving me all kind of errors when I start it, and have to Task Manager out of it... running Win 8.1 here. :/

Works perfectly on Window 8. You shouldn't have updated to 8.1 if you wanted stability.
You should join the hot line miami beta to see if it fixes it.

Turfster

Has anyone experience a lot of problems with Hotline Miami? I've only been able to play it once, its giving me all kind of errors when I start it, and have to Task Manager out of it... running Win 8.1 here. :/

Try running the beta (hlm) if you're running OG hotline miami. Gamemaker is a horrible piece of shit that broke the game randomly at start for me. The new beta coded in an actual programming language has been rock solid though.

Is it possible to send someone money via steam though? All my steam sale money is in my steam wallet (i.e. scrounged up from selling cards).

Not yet. You can agree on an item on the store and a set price, then have the person sending the money buy it. Of course, you pay valve for the pleasure of transferring funds then.

Time to rebalance my karma!
Still a key left here for the strategy fans!

Kinyou

Cant say I'm hurting my wallet at all. I'm starting with zero games, so its not like I'm getting a bunch of unnecessary stuff. It will all get played!

Dear Esther
The Witcher
The Witcher 2
Super Meat Boy
Antichamber
Fez
Civilization V + Gods and Kings expansion
The Walking Dead Episodes 1-5
Borderlands 2 + Season Pass
Endless Space + Disharmony
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Terraria
FTL
Hotline Miami

$95. That's a *lot* of gaming for the money.

I'll probably give myself another $50-60 if I see something I want in the next two days, but after that, I wont have access to the internet for a little bit, so crossing my fingers for a couple things...
installallgamesfopktm1eta.gif

Doomedfool

So many memories of playing a rental of TR1 on a Sega Saturn, then buying and beating it on PC one year later. I have love for all Laras.

tumblr_mklljf1y7E1reef6jo1_1280.jpg

I rented it and a playstation from the local Blockbuster back in the day. I had no idea it needed a memory card, so I couldn't save. That poor playstation never got turned off the entire time I had it. lol

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, damnit. You guys have convinced me to figure out how to play FTL.

FTL makes me feel dumb.

Oh my God, FTL is amazing.

HOLY SHIT, FTL IS INCREDIBLE!

I'm a fucking space captain.

Oh, shit. How do I repair my sensors? EDIT Nevermind!

LOL, I think we just witnessed this pic in action, literally:

ylW2S.jpg

FTL is quite an experience!!!!

cicero

Is it possible to send someone money via steam though? All my steam sale money is in my steam wallet (i.e. scrounged up from selling cards).
ah, no you can't send money. The only way around things is to maybe have someone list something in the Steam market for a specific price after notifying the other party beforehand, and then have them buy the card/item for a much higher price than normal. But they would have to want to keep whatever was being transferred in their wallet then. Sorry.

Brofist

I feel bad for being tempted about tomb raider

It's definitely worth the price. Actually I bought it at $50 a while back and got my money worth on it. It's got some flaws but a fun game.

PC version is much nicer than the consoles. 60fps makes a big difference in this game.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
There should really be two separate sets of four games alternating through flash sales. That way every four hours we are seeing a new group of sales.

I'm playing Magicka and listening to Phil Collins.

ლ(◕‿‿◕ლ)

And I'm toast. What a wild ride. MORE

You can write the greatest short stories from your experiences with that game:

"Captain's Lo--Oh fuck, oh god no..

10 minutes later. The crew is dead. We were ambushed. They got the Oxygen system and before Xavier could get to the compartment...he was ambushed by an alien. The others...suffocated at their posts.

This is the final....and first...entry of the Kestrel."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom