• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanspeed

Banned
Cant say I'm hurting my wallet at all. I'm starting with zero games, so its not like I'm getting a bunch of unnecessary stuff. It will all get played!

Dear Esther
The Witcher
The Witcher 2
Super Meat Boy
Antichamber
Fez
Civilization V + Gods and Kings expansion
The Walking Dead Episodes 1-5
Borderlands 2 + Season Pass
Endless Space + Disharmony
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Terraria
FTL
Hotline Miami

$95. That's a *lot* of gaming for the money.

I'll probably give myself another $50-60 if I see something I want in the next two days, but after that, I wont have access to the internet for a little bit, so crossing my fingers for a couple things...

Oreoleo

Possible last of what I have to offer, hope people get enjoyment out of them.
Reminds me I need to play more of Capsized.

ModBot be praised.

Thanks for Capsized!

With it looking unlikely for STALKER to go on sale at all maybe I will just gift a few SS2's instead.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I can't believe you guys haven't already gotten SS2 if you're such big fans...

Toki767

I'm guessing it'd be smarter to sell cards after the Steam sale? Supply must be huge right now.

I kind of think supply will always outstrip demand for these. Especially when more people want to make money than people want to craft badges. Card prices aren't going to go up much even after this sale.

r3n4ud

Oh... I probably missed it then.
KuGsj.gif

:/

It's too bad because I highly doubt they'll be on sale again for the same price :(

At least that was the case this past winter sale.

yami4ct

Oh, this is going to happen? Like, current Sleeping Dogs cards will stop getting dropped and be replaced with new cards?

That's what I've heard. I haven't payed much attention because I think the whole card thing to be dumb. I have heard talk of a series 2 of cards replacing series 1.

How much do you guys sell your cards for? I'm starting to think about selling mine.
I generally put the majority of them within a two cent range of the most recent median sale price (unless I've multiple of the card in which case I put two of them on the median, one slightly higher and another about four cent higher), one of them about ten cent higher (usually 50% higher than the median sale price) and the foil ones I place slightly higher. This way the lower priced ones sell pretty quickly bringing up my funds, I may get lucky with the high priced one and the duplicates may have cheaper ones overlooked for the higher versions so they all generally sell. I've made about €4 off them so far (selling them since yesterday evening). I know the prices are, pretty much, all over the place and perhaps sometime in the future the value of them will increase since most of them have plumetted but the way I see it you might as well take advantage of them while the sales are on; if not you'd probably be better off selling them just before a future sale (in the hope that prices rise) but they're so easy to get (and selling them seems like a more desirable outcome to most people that I've seen) that I'm unsure if they'll rise significantly.

EDIT: Although, if the cards arrive in series' then I'm unsure what would be the best course of action really but either way I'm selling mine to remove the clutter and take advantage of the sales.

Oreoleo

Dark souls was in community and flash sale. No cards yet :(

The devs said it was happening already it was just a matter of when. Considering Universe sandbox got cards when it won the community choice poll, I think the odds are good.

If SS2 wins the poll that is D: Don't let me down Steam community!

No offense, but I hate you right now.
*looks at pile of flipping foils he hasn't been able to get rid of*

Oh I know your pain. Same thing happened to me with a Civ 5 foil and with a bunch of Mystery cards. But this was from a Witcher 2 drop when there were still only like 7 on the market. The earlier you can get a card on the market the more you will make.

Zylander

Fallout 3 or Fallout GOTY edition? The reason I'm asking is that I seem to remember forum comments declaring that the GOTY version is broken. Also I've been stung by Bethesda with other games.

Cant say I'm hurting my wallet at all. I'm starting with zero games, so its not like I'm getting a bunch of unnecessary stuff. It will all get played!

Dear Esther
The Witcher
The Witcher 2
Super Meat Boy
Antichamber
Fez
Civilization V + Gods and Kings expansion
The Walking Dead Episodes 1-5
Borderlands 2 + Season Pass
Endless Space + Disharmony
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Terraria
FTL
Hotline Miami

$95. That's a *lot* of gaming for the money.

I'll probably give myself another $50-60 if I see something I want in the next two days, but after that, I wont have access to the internet for a little bit, so crossing my fingers for a couple things...

Dang man enjoy. Normally that would be like $150+ without the sales lol.

I've gotten the following for a total of about 50 cents:

To the Moon
McPixel
Strike Suit Infinity
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Underworld

Thanks Steam trading cards!

Prophane33

YES! I earned $10.08 from cards, more than enough to grab Euro Truck if it comes up again. Now to save up for FTL and/or House of Dead Ninjas.

Has anyone experience a lot of problems with Hotline Miami? I've only been able to play it once, its giving me all kind of errors when I start it, and have to Task Manager out of it... running Win 8.1 here. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom