• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

i liked your Gargoyle Kill, those people are cray

I actually planned on recording my SL1 play through and doing boss guide videos. I got too lazy, but I ended up just uploading that one.

Nice work. Good voice for that kind of stuff too.

Thanks! I'm planning on doing more videos when DayZ Standalone comes out. About the state of the game, whats new, and my encounters throughout the game.

I'll make sure to post them here.

75% off TimeShift
75% off Advent Rising
75% off Farm Frenzy Pack
75% off Build-a-Lot Collection

You know I want that Advent Rising!

Salsa

that hard reset level does look cool tho

I started that game at the hardest difficulty and ragequitted like a bitch halfway through

I need to take it down a notch and start over

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a lightweight program that can open MDMP files? Just Cause 2 keeps crashing and I'd like to know why. The most common suggested fix I came across was to disable decals, which I tried to no avail.

Is there a lightweight program that can open MDMP files? Just Cause 2 keeps crashing and I'd like to know why. The most common suggested fix I came across was disabling decals, which I tried to no avail.

I had the same problem, but I disabled decals, and now it's running fine (well at least I haven't had any crash since then)

Is there a lightweight program that can open MDMP files? Just Cause 2 keeps crashing and I'd like to know why. The most common suggested fix I came across was to disable decals, which I tried to no avail.
Try reading event log, there might be something useful.

spirity

Is Helsing a "lootwhore" ARPG a la Diablo/Torchlight/Titan Quest/Grim Dawn or does it focus on monster hunting with prescribed equipment?

Its a lootwhore arpg. Its pretty good too, though the attempts at comedy in the game fall a bit short imo. I found myself clicking through the conversations because of the awful quips.

Acccent

tell him he's awesome and to make more Endless Space, its endless its in the title.

I showed this to said friend who works at Amplitude, and also to someone else who works there, and they answered that "Kinggi's awesome too :3" so I'm delivering the message!

sprinkles

Caved in and bought Super Meat Boy before it went off sale. Had promised myself after They Bleed Pixels not to play another game with controller breaking, rage inducing potential. But having it somewhere in my backlog, always taunting my cowardliness should suffice.

Grief.exe

that hard reset level does look cool tho

I started that game at the hardest difficulty and ragequitted like a bitch halfway through

I need to take it down a notch and start over

I completely recommend Hard Reset, I'm having a blast with the game. Turn down the difficulty though, game can get pretty tough.

Phenomenal gameplay. Only having two guns and switching quickly between the different sub types is perfect.

Great voice acting too. I'm trying to figure out who plays the professor Novak character. Other than him, the voice acting is merely passable, but he certainly elevates the entire game.

chugen

Fortunately for me, you already gave one

OV65Vo5.gif

oipic

Should I still get GRID 1 now that GRID 2 is out?

GRID is no less terrific now that its sequel has arrived, and if you haven't played it before, it's still likely to give you hours of arcade-ish racing fun.

GRID 2 will be a solid purchase when heavily discounted sometime down the track, but I'm not sure it improves on the original in enough ways to justify the new game price tag.

sprinkles

Hard Reset is hard. I died on normal. Often and repeatedly. But the rewarding gameplay always pushed me forward.
But to this day I still do not fully understand the story. Help please!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I had the same problem, but I disabled decals, and now it's running fine (well at least I haven't had any crash since then)

It's strange as I didn't have any trouble with the game last year, when I was using a 570.

Try reading event log, there might be something useful.

Event Viewer seems to be blaming d3d11.dll, so it may be a DirectX issue. I'll ensure I've installed the game's prereqs and try my luck.

I'm currently downloading the .NET 4.5 SDK, which I apparently need to install the Windows debugging tools, but it's taking a bloody long time to get anywhere.

Its a lootwhore arpg. Its pretty good too, though the attempts at comedy in the game fall a bit short imo. I found myself clicking through the conversations because of the awful quips.
Loot, loot and more loot.
It's also fantastic. Pretty funny too.

Great! Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom