• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

There are 10 Daily slots and 10 games featured on the Summer Sale cards; assuming there's to be an encore, I'd be surprised if they all didn't re-appear for the final day. Mind you, this would mean that Prison Architect would be a Daily for two consecutive days...

I'm trying to remember now... didn't they not do an encore last time? I seem to remember kicking myself because I thought they would, but they didn't and I missed out on something I wanted. Or am I misremembering?

Deitus

There are 10 Daily slots and 10 games featured on the Summer Sale cards; assuming there's to be an encore, I'd be surprised if they all didn't re-appear for the final day. Mind you, this would mean that Prison Architect would be a Daily for two consecutive days...

Well, it would be on sale for 48 hours regardless.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm trying to remember now... didn't they not do an encore last time? I seem to remember kicking myself because I thought they would, but they didn't and I missed out on something I wanted. Or am I misremembering?

There's yet to be a Summer Sale encore, presumably because of its shorter length compared to the Winter Sale.

Well, it would be on sale for 48 hours regardless.

Ah, that's right, haha.

ZenaxPure

It was on sale a week before the Steam Sale.

It was also in that insane $10 Sonic pack during the Amazon summer sale that had like every Sonic game that is on PC in it. Deal lasted for at least a week, maybe more (can't really recall atm). Been a lot of chances to grab it so far haha.

How is prison architect these days? I've been very interested for a long time and would like to know if it is "near release" in terms of features, or still very much a work in progress?

derExperte

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/22/steam-summer-sale-final-day-bioshock-bastion-double-fine-bun/ The last day last year and that doesn't look like a best-of so you could be right. On the other hand Prison Architect is the only remaining big deal of the day and that's today.

yoshizzle

It was also in that insane $10 Sonic pack during the Amazon summer sale that had like every Sonic game that is on PC in it. Deal lasted for at least a week, maybe more (can't really recall atm). Been a lot of chances to grab it so far haha.

I recall only the first Sonic All-Stars racing game being in that pack, not Transformed. I could be wrong though.

Tellaerin

Hm. Just sold off a few cards and suddenly I'm getting a message saying that I'm not allowed to sell this item. Is there a limit to how many items we can sell in a given period of time, and if so, how long do I have to wait before I can sell off more?

maneil99

I can get you guys sonic all star racing transformed for 10$, only 1 copy left, will sell once the new flash sales start. First come first serve

JaseC

Hm. Just sold off a few cards and suddenly I'm getting a message saying that I'm not allowed to sell this item. Is there a limit to how many items we can sell in a given period of time, and if so, how long do I have to wait before I can sell off more?

Your inventory hasn't refreshed and you're trying to put up a card you've already listed?

ZenaxPure

I recall only the first Sonic All-Stars racing game being in that pack, not Transformed. I could be wrong though.

Oh that might be the case actually. To be honest I don't really keep up with sonic or kart racers, only thought there was one game to be honest. My brain sees kart racer + sonic and just assumes it's always the same game haha.

Tellaerin

Your inventory hasn't refreshed and you're trying to put up a card you've already listed?

I think you're right. It wasn't a card I already listed, but things started working again after my inventory updated. I should probably wait a little bit between each card and give the system time to catch up. Thanks, man.

You may also have hit the hard limit for market transactions...which I believe is 200?

If you are close to that limit, you need to provide more details to valve through the market section (tax etc).

JaseC

You may also have hit the hard limit for market transactions...which I believe is 200?

If you are close to that limit, you need to provide more details to valve through the market section (tax etc).

The transaction limit is in regard to sales, not purchases.

Edit: Duh, he was selling his cards. I'm so hopelessly scattered today.

illbeback.gif
That T-800 doesn't take no for an answer.

Kevin

Yeah, I have war but no way I'm buying fall at the current price even with a big discount.

Yup bought it for $5. I would be willing to pay between $10-15 depending on my money situation but no more then that. Same deal with Spiderman and Kingdoms of Amalur.

Haha, I've played tons of New Vegas on PS3, but today was the first time I played it on PC, and when an achievement popped up I was so fucking confused for a few seconds.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
As the final day approaches, I slowly figuring out, what I want to spend the rest of my money (15€ - possibility for another 10) on.

Couple of older/smaller games:
Puzzle Quest (2)
Half Life 1&2
CS GO
Super Meat Boy
Grand Theft Auto Vice City/San Andreas

One big game
Prison Architect
Rogue Legacy
Kentucky Route Zero

Leaning towards the first block, but not sure which to choose. This is all in dependence of possible discounts though. Really curious which games will end up in my library. Since I know myself pretty good, probably games, I regret buying after 3 minutes, realising I bought into the hype, ignoring the fact I usually don't like this. (A pretty common mistake I make regarding game, oh so sad...)

You can scratch Meat Boy off your list :)

oipic

My Steam addiction has hit new levels, I purchased Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Niche, cult hit turned commercial success - great to see it have what looks to have been a very strong sale period.

Tell me, GAF: Van Helsing, yay or nay?

The consensus seems to be a firm thumbs-up. I'm contemplating pulling the trigger on it myself, but I'm still playing through Torchlight II... so, y'know.

Chavelo

Wow, I swear I'm playing the Steam metagame more than any any actual games that I have purchased over the last few days. I need to sell about 50 cents worth of Steam cards to have about 10 dollars to purchase Trials Evolution. Either that or hopefully Rogue Legacy/SFxT if they go for sale. /sigh

At least I'll be busy with plenty of games for my birthday next week. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom