• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabouter

*launches OpenTTD*

So good.
MZyXaJM.png

QzSOqhl.png

The one game Steam lacks.

Salsa

best tower defense game on Steam is the not-yet-out Kingdom Rush

cause it was made in the great nation of URGAY

Uruguay-bandera.jpg

Monaco is pretty sweet, even in singleplayer. If you try, make sure that you get to at least the fourth level before you pass a verdict on it, since level 1 and 2 are linear tutorial levels that are pretty boring compared to the others.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
McPixel is a lot more fun than I would have imagined!
It's like a cross between Wario Ware and an old LucasArts adventure game :D

Thanks again to chugen for gifting it to me!

Also, question to GAF: whenever I launch McPixel my background download of XCOM pauses and it looks like I can't unpause while the game is running...

Is downloading always like this on Steam?

I gotta recommend Euro Truck Simulator 2 again. I've mostly been doing the Quick Jobs so far (Just got my own truck), but it's a surprisingly good game and quite addictive. The Internet Radio integration might be the best part, since there are a bunch of stations from a variety of countries; while you're driving through UK/France/Germany/Luxembourg/Czech Republic/Slovakia/Poland/etc., might as well listen to some local radio. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
is this the last steamsales OT of this year? :(

The previous thread lasted a little over four days, so it certainly looks that way.

t1374512400z4.png

Edit: Though it's not the last dedicated sale thread: there's also the Autumn Sale and the Winter Sale. The Halloween Sale doesn't get its own thread as it's far smaller than the others and only includes similarly-themed games.

McPixel is a lot more fun than I would have imagined!
It's like a cross between Wario Ware and an old LucasArts adventure game :D

Thanks again to chugen for gifting it to me!

Also, question to GAF: whenever I launch McPixel my background download of XCOM pauses and it looks like I can't unpause while the game is running...

Is downloading always like this on Steam?

To get around that after you launch the game and the download pauses, click the pause button again then hit resume all and it should continue downloading

Echoplx

Wonder if I should buy summer cards now for the badge or wait for the prices to crash more, any chance they'll go up?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
You have any mods that might conflict? Maybe stuff that Dragonborn overwrote during installation?

Nope, no mods installed. There is a black layer over the water sometimes while I'm moving, and I keep hearing this splash sound.

When I verify integrity of files, it says 1 file failed and will be reacquired. But then I'll verify again and the same message pops up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wonder if I should buy summer cards now for the badge or wait for the prices to crash more, any chance they'll go up?

Couldn't hurt to wait until the final day. You may save yourself a precious few cents! ;) The cards will go up eventually owing to the fact they'll no longer drop after the sale is over, but I'd imagine it'll be a quite a while before you see any notable price increases.

uh

Portal 2's default FOV is 90. Wich is pretty alright, as with all Valve games.

Either way all Source stuff is easily editable. cl_fov XX and such

I dunno, I just came off of BioShock Infinite and it looks a bit weird at first. Just takes some getting used to. :p

Nope, no mods installed. There is a black layer over the water sometimes while I'm moving, and I keep hearing this splash sound.

When I verify integrity of files, it says 1 file failed and will be reacquired. But then I'll verify again and the same message pops up.

Strange. I dunno, you might want to remove Dragonborn and reinstall it.

Salsa

I dunno, I just came off of BioShock Infinite and it looks a bit weird at first. Just takes some getting used to. :p

well, Bioshock Infinite's default FOV is console-level lower (thus worse) if you didnt change it

so.. welcome to something better!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Picked up Bully and Left4Dead 2. Still waiting on the Star Wars Force Unleashed games but doubt it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom