• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Again I ask, GAF, is Van Helsing good?

I haven't seen a single post that expresses something other than pleasant surprise at just how solid it is. One GAFer said he's 15-odd hours into the campaign and still hasn't finished, so it's rather meaty, too.

Voted for Sanctum 2 so my friends would finally buy it. It's definitely my favorite tower defense game of the ones I've played. Orcs Must Die 2 is also great, but there's just something I love about the art style and maps of Sanctum 2 that makes it stand out to me.

sk3tch

Finally loaded up Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army - although it's only 33% off now ($10.04) - I highly recommend it if you want a quick and fun sniper AND run and gun experience (I'm sure it will be a daily if it already hasn't been). You can play it both styles pretty easily...and the machine guns so far are very satisfying. Also - as a horror-game puss this one isn't too bad. ;)

Acccent

modbot04bigger_by_salsasharktopus-d6e94ke.gif

I will critique this gif.

When you first walk into a new Steam Sale OP, one thing you're sure to come across is a new TerModBotor gif, one of director Salsa Shark's trademark tricks. The third installment in the series takes a new spin on the same themes - the benefits of established rules and destruction of rebels. It's certainly a narrative that borders on fascism, but here Shark seems to hint at a new meaning - the always-ambiguous titular character, ModBot, is for the first time on the receiving end of the instructions, and, in a spectacular twist, coldly murders the oppressor. Is this a way for the director to encourage us to reflect on the lessons distilled in the TerModBotor 1 and 2? Does he expect the audience to read between the lines instead of simply taking the script at face value like in any other similarly action-packed gif? While this new-found subtlety provides a welcome deepness to the usually shallow story, it also does obfuscates its point. Some of the orders spewed out by ModBot's soon-to-be victim do seem to make sense, yet victim he becomes regardless, with ModBot professing a fatal judgment: 'WRONG'. The discourse is ambivalent, and even contradictory at times - maybe that is the point. No doubt academics will be studying the ramifications of TerModBotor 3's messages for years to come, debating over the correctness of their interpretation. Other viewers will simply enjoy the gif's unrelenting pace and perfect sense of timing, which culminates in a gut-punching climax rarely experienced before in OPs.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Mark of the Ninja continues to be fun as hell. I'm a bit stuck though. I need to chase down Karajan, but there's a laser in the way and I can't find the switch to disable it or bypass it. Even tried backtracking, I don't see how I can advance. Screen:

Thrakier

Wow Rayman Origins is good. I mean, it's superb. I mean maybe it's the best and most charming 2D Platformer I've ever played.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ßthePenguin;71729881 said:
Hi.

So... towns?

Btw nice Diane Kruger Sideboob in the last thread, JaseC :p

Haha, I was poised to remove the embedded image in favour of a link, but nobody complained about it being NSFW.

Divius

Mark of the Ninja continues to be fun as hell. I'm a bit stuck though. I need to chase down Karajan, but there's a laser in the way and I can't find the switch to disable it or bypass it. Even tried backtracking, I don't see how I can advance. Screen:
It's great indeed. I'm having fun with it. When stuck, just get out your map and look for any vents you may not have gone into yet.

Double

Voted for it but I'm not into competitive online games. I've been scarred for life since playing Starcraft all those years ago. I still have nightmares of zerg rushes.
It's really more on the fun side of pvp online games, really not comparable to a tight Starcraft 1v1 experience.

The thing that kinda turned me off tho was its rather dark artstyle.

Haha, I was poised to remove the embedded image in favour of a link, but nobody complained about it being NSFW.
Would have been seriously disappointed if someone COMPLAINED!

mclem

Tonights the last day of deals, so then I shall run rampant among the games that have not been on sale yet. I have plans for tomorrow. Ridiculously ambitious plans - I apologise if I fail to pull 'em off adequately - but... I'll be doing a little giveaway.

Based around a bin.

So... why does my blade card of Sleeping Dogs look completely different from the rest?
Ulf0zvl.png

Edit: Oh, I see now those others are from another game. Still weird it gets listed amongst those though :p

Double

So... why does my blade card of Sleeping Dogs look completely different from the rest?
Ulf0zvl.png

Edit: Oh, I see now those others are from another game. Still weird it gets listed amongst those though :p
Cause the others are from a secret, yet unknown world to you :p

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
To get around that after you launch the game and the download pauses, click the pause button again then hit resume all and it should continue downloading
thanks!
uh

Portal 2's default FOV is 90. Wich is pretty alright, as with all Valve games.

Either way all Source stuff is easily editable. cl_fov XX and such
yeah, Binary Domain is an example of weird FOV: 38 degrees default, though even that is editable..

Someone in the last thread talked about someone else "undercutting" to make money off of cards in the market, and asked them how they were doing. What does this mean?
undercutting=selling below the current asking price in order to get quick sales..

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Someone in the last thread talked about someone else "undercutting" to make money off of cards in the market, and asked them how they were doing. What does this mean?

Vargavinter

Will we see another Borderlands 2 sale? I missed the last one due losing track of time. Need the Mechromancer and Psycho-pack. :/

Longshot

I gotta recommend Euro Truck Simulator 2 again. I've mostly been doing the Quick Jobs so far (Just got my own truck), but it's a surprisingly good game and quite addictive. The Internet Radio integration might be the best part, since there are a bunch of stations from a variety of countries; while you're driving through UK/France/Germany/Luxembourg/Czech Republic/Slovakia/Poland/etc., might as well listen to some local radio. :)

Just finished doing a few quick jobs, who would have thought delivering cargo would be so much fun? I'm still waiting for Scotty Doesn't Know to pop onto one of the European radio stations I've been listening to.

I wonder if there are any good mods for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom