• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

No I've still not gotten over that it was a Humble Monthly debut title (or whatever they call it) and then "nope, that was just a demo build you have to buy the full game". But like I said, I fully recognize that it's a bit irrational.
Isn't that on Humble rather than the developers though?
It's not the first time they had done an "Exclusive Sneak Peak".
It was arguably worse the previous time too; with the September 2016 Bundle having a demo for the first episode of an episodic game.
Not even the first episode in a series. A demo for it.

It seems like these demos are typically additions rather than replacing a game in the bundle, but I think I would prefer that it wasn't there at all.
I actually did enjoy the demo - and I'm not sure why it isn't available on Steam at all - but Humble should only be including full games.

Despite what I have just said, I admit that it has had a similar effect on me though.
I enjoyed the demo, and I appreciate that they've been selling the game for a $15 base price rather than the $20 which is so common with indies these days, but I didn't like being teased like that in the Humble Monthly.

It's currently sitting in my cart, since I'm waiting until tomorrow to purchase anything so that I can refund any potential duplicates from the upcoming Humble Monthly, but I've been thinking about removing it due to the above, and because it's the only game in there which doesn't have a good discount either.

Dr. Worm

Banned
How are the Sam and Max games? They look like fun, and the complete pack is $8. I've heard there's some issues running them on Windows 10; is this something I should be concerned about?

Sarcasm

do the things it says to do to get stickers. today it's check your discovery queue, follow a curator, and set your discovery queue settings

Can't even see that in the ui on mobile as it puts all the text over each other lol.

Man it didn't tell me about getting a sticker pack for following the curator but it finally shows complete in the page thing.

kris.

Banned
Soooo I bought Sunless Sea, too, and I'm trying to run it and after the first two splash screens it just locks up and CTDs. Anyone know any way to fix that? I've been desperate to try this out for a while and it's making me sad af.

Stoze

So how important is beating the Dishonored DLC before playing Dishonored 2? I beat the original game but haven't played the DLC.
Not that important unless you really care about Dishonored's story or playing chronologically, 2 isn't confusing to follow if you haven't played 1's DLC. The DLC is excellent though and you shouldn't miss it.

Lain

Nex Machina seems great but... it hasn't really clicked with me.
The game is fast, it looks cool, the music is pretty nice, controls well and everything but I find myself just wanting to quit after a few quick runs.

Mob Psycho 100 episode 2 cemented how much of a fake Arataka is.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

TsuXna

Played quite a bit of DS 2. It reminded me that i go full retard mode when it comes to stealth games. But its still fun hard af tho.

This is my "I'm drunk enough to buy things I've been interested in for a while but haven't picked up haul"

PRsVCko.png

Any thoughts before I confirm it?

venomenon

How are the Sam and Max games? They look like fun, and the complete pack is $8. I've heard there's some issues running them on Windows 10; is this something I should be concerned about?
FWIW, I just tried a random episode on Win 10 and it works flawlessly.
I've played the first season years ago and completely loved it. The humour is somewhat hit-and-miss and I could imagine the pop culture references might be out of date, but I'd still recommend it.

I hated the Dishonored performance, but using a gsync monitor helps a ton with the annoyances. A shame, it has some of the best level design in a first person game.

microdot

I remember playing Dragons Dogma on ps3 back in the day, how does it hold up on PC? Also, I just got a a 1080ti I need some graphics to blow my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom