• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogicStep

I'm considering these games, almost ready to push purchase.

HoJ7clm.png

venomenon

Define "flawlessly." I'm close to pulling the trigger, but there's that nagging thought...

It's non intensive, is it? Could it run on a newish but cheap laptop?
Well, it starts and runs without any config changes, any DirectX fiddling, compatibility mode or whatever else is recommended in the Steam forums. Apparently, the main problem on Win 10 seems to be that it crashes immediately after launching, so I assume once it runs it's good. You can always refund of course, if it doesn't work for you.

It's not demanding, I'm pretty sure I ran it on a mediocre laptop almost a decade ago.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just discovered TrickStyle is on Steam. It's on GOG too, but I never saw it discounted there. That's something I always wanted to get after playing the demo many centuries ago, but never did. This is my chance, at last!

Spent the last hour or so permanently removing all the bundle junk from my library, a total of 380 games gone, feels liberating and my library is now filled with games I actually have launched, played or plan on playing.

zkylon

zkylewd
I remember playing Dragons Dogma on ps3 back in the day, how does it hold up on PC? Also, I just got a a 1080ti I need a some graphics to blow my mind.
well graphically it's no looker but it plays super great

never played it on console but really loved the pc release

I remember playing Dragons Dogma on ps3 back in the day, how does it hold up on PC? Also, I just got a a 1080ti I need a some graphics to blow my mind.

It's a good port. The graphics still look dated even with the enhancements, but it's worth getting just to play at 60fps.

Unicorn

Anyone have any experience with Aragami? Is that the Tenchu experience I've been waiting for or a big ol' dud?
It feels like a student project and makes you realize how good Tenchu is. Stilted and stiff animations and laughable story and cutscenes. Good for a drunk afternoon with a buddy for coop though.

The worst part is none of the kill animations feel satisfying

Grief.exe

You can utilize that 1080ti to run some super inefficient ENB shaders and downsampling that make Dragon's Dogma almost look like a new game.

144 FPS is pretty nice too.

I slept on Wolfenstien: The New Order and The Old Blood, but decided to pick them up after watching the E3 trailer for Wolfenstien 2: The New Colossus and boy am I glad I did! What fantastic games!

Trouble

Banned
This sale has shamed me into finally starting to clean up my wishlist after getting an email on the first day that 181 games in my wishlist were on sale.

This sale has shamed me into finally starting to clean up my wishlist after getting an email on the first day that 181 games in my wishlist were on sale.

My wishlist has 9 games, and even I'm thinking of cleaning it up, seeing as one of the games was pulled from Steam (Bookworm Adventures 2,) and one has been on my list since 2014 and I never bit even when it was down to 5 bucks (Arkham Origins.) I might even remove Zesty Tales since I gave Symphonia a try and just couldn't get the knack of it.

I'll likely bite on Trillion and Kathy Rain.

Megasoum

Banned
Started Playing Hollow Knight and I'm not really sure what the fuck is happening?

Got to some kind of boss who's kicking my ass and huh...yeah... I dunno?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What indie games were unreasonably priced?

Compared to Hollow Knight, 95% of them

And not once did I see them saying that the hollow knight thing at humble would be the full game, it seemed very clear from the start it was a demo. I remember seeing Nabs play it.

kcp12304

Banned
Anyone have RPG hidden gems recommendations? I obviously know the big ones but any good small - mid ones?

Knight of the Old Republic 1 & 2 are 2.49 each.
Shadowrun Dragon Fall - 2.99
Shadowrun Hong Kong - 4.99
Wasteland 2 - 9.99
Deus Ex: GOTY - 1.39
Jade Empire - 3.74
Recettear - 4.99
South Park TSOT - 7.49

DataGhost

Knight of the Old Republic 1 & 2 are 2.49 each.
Shadowrun Dragon Fall - 2.99
Shadowrun Hong Kong - 4.99
Wasteland 2 - 9.99
Deus Ex: GOTY - 1.39
Jade Empire - 3.74
Recettear - 4.99
South Park TSOT - 7.49

Most of these I've known about / played. Is South Park that good of an rpg? Its humor somewhat falls flat with me. Thanks for the recs though!

kcp12304

Banned
Most of these I've known about / played. Is South Park that good of an rpg? Its humor somewhat falls flat with me.

I wouldn't say it was a great RPG per say. It has a paper mario esque combat system. I enjoyed the main story stuff where most of the humor was. If you don't like South Park then I'm not sure if you'll like the game. It goes places that it can't on TV. It's a fairly short and simple RPG that I enjoyed but wished the the side quest stuff was better.

DataGhost

I wouldn't say it was a great RPG per say. It has a paper mario esque combat system. I enjoyed the main story stuff where most of the humor was. If you don't like South Park then I'm not sure if you'll like the game. It goes places that it can't on TV. It's a fairly short and simple RPG that I enjoyed but wished the the side quest stuff was better.

South Park is a surprisingly good rpg but if you don't like the humor than don't bother

Alright thanks though!

Zackat

What do you like? What are you considering?

some cool little indies would be good right now. I have most of the newer big releases that I am interested in the last year or two.

Maybe a grand strategy game would be cool too, haven't played one in years.

Rhoc

Anyone have RPG hidden gems recommendations? I obviously know the big ones but any good small - mid ones?

Recommended it earlier to some other Gaffer. How about Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning it's a really good game. Sadly it wasn't a success sales wise. I wanted a second one but that dream is dead.

DataGhost

Recommended it earlier to some other Gaffer. How about Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning it's a really good game. Sadly it wasn't a success sales wise. I really wanted a second one.

Oh man, I remember Kingdom. Wasn't there a game that came along the same time and was one of the reasons why it didn't sell well?

GHG

some cool little indies would be good right now. I have most of the newer big releases that I am interested in the last year or two.

Maybe a grand strategy game would be cool too, haven't played one in years.

These are the indie games I've bought and enjoyed over the last year or so:

Dead Cells
Hollow Knight
Enter the Gungeon
Firewatch
Abzu

I also just bought Binding of Issac Rebirth and Redout yesterday, both are fantastic so far.

I'm also considering:

Salt and Sanctuary
Axiom Verge
Cryptark
Streets of Rogue
Valdis Story

I'm not into grand strategy so can't help you there unfortunately.

Most of these I've known about / played. Is South Park that good of an rpg? Its humor somewhat falls flat with me. Thanks for the recs though!

How about these ones?

Earthlock: Festival of Magic
I am Setsuna
LOTR: War in the North
Masquerada
Moon Hunters
Shiness
Stories: Paths of Destiny
Tales of Symphonia
The Dwarves

They're not all heavily discounted though.

Zackat

These are the indie games I've bought and enjoyed over the last year or so:

Dead Cells
Hollow Knight
Enter the Gungeon
Firewatch
Abzu

I also just bought Binding of Issac Rebirth and Redout yesterday, both are fantastic so far.

I'm also considering:

Salt and Sanctuary
Axiom Verge
Cryptark
Streets of Rogue
Valdis Story

I'm not into grand strategy so can't help you there unfortunately.

I got Hollow Knight, should be good. I like the artstyle.

I've played Axiom Verge, really enjoyed it. I want to try Salt and Sanctuary at some point as well.

Megasoum

Banned
So I kinda feel like playing a Metroidvania...

I bought Hollow Knight but it's not really for me so I just put in for a refund...

Ori looks super beautiful but I'm not really good at twitchy platformers...

At this point I'm almost tempted of buying Axiom Verge even if I already have it on PS4 and almost finished it already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom