• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

Man, I never dabbled in idling because of a general lack of interest but after selling 20 something items from inventory I must say that the allure of free money of strong.
It will fuck up my play time with my whole game collection though, yeah ?

CodeNfX

Bought Hollow Knight, Ori and the Blind Forest and Typing of the Dead.

I see there's both Ori and the Blind Forest and also the definitive edition options when installing. Any point installing the original?

big fake

I feel guilty buying so many games because I won't have time to play em. I'm still not ready to buy those games yet in my cart due to this feeling. I really don't wanna be sucked into this steam sale hole. SOMEONE HELP!?!

Bl@de

You'll need to clarify, because I don't know Rollercoaster Tycoon 2. This is pretty much making the entire park.

I'm not really interested in designing rollercoasters for hours but I love building a perfect park with happy customers (imagine Sim City with a theme park. It's all about the perfect mix of rides, foodstands, toilets, workforce, marketing, ticket pricing, etc. to come out on top as the best park in the country)

You don't know RCT? That's a sin! Go grab it at the Steam Summer Sale! Now! http://store.steampowered.com/app/285310/RollerCoaster_Tycoon_Deluxe/

MaxiLive

I feel guilty buying so many games because I won't have time to play em. I'm still not ready to buy those games yet in my cart due to this feeling. I really don't wanna be sucked into this steam sale hole. SOMEONE HELP!?!

Rather than clicking "purchase for self" gift them to me!!!!!

Just add them to your wishlist and wait for the next sale when you might be interested in playing the games that are in your basket if not you'll buy them now and they'll never get played as they will become forgotten!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Picked up Firewatch, Superhot and Shadow of Mordor yesterday. Just £20, think that'll do me this time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The way steam sales work now is that the discounts will always be the same, if not bigger if the devs aren't cheap bastards and raise the price of the game before applying the discount. That or they'll show up in indie bundles.

Tizoc

So I kinda feel like playing a Metroidvania...

I bought Hollow Knight but it's not really for me so I just put in for a refund...

Ori looks super beautiful but I'm not really good at twitchy platformers...

At this point I'm almost tempted of buying Axiom Verge even if I already have it on PS4 and almost finished it already...

Give these a play if interested
Dust: An Elysian Tale (you can skip the story, as I did)
Strider 2014

Nex Machina seems great but... it hasn't really clicked with me.
The game is fast, it looks cool, the music is pretty nice, controls well and everything but I find myself just wanting to quit after a few quick runs.

Mob Psycho 100 episode 2 cemented how much of a fake Arataka is.

You mean Reigen Sensei? He isn't THAT much of a fake, keep watching and you'll know what I mean.

As for Nex MAchina, try playing it co-op with a friend should make clearing it faster.

Compared to Hollow Knight, 95% of them

And not once did I see them saying that the hollow knight thing at humble would be the full game, it seemed very clear from the start it was a demo. I remember seeing Nabs play it.

Well you might wanna give some examples then, because these are indie game and they seems well priced to me
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/303550/Adventures_of_Pip/

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/654440/Isotiles/

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/248310/Freedom_Planet/

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/391540/Undertale/

Ascheroth

ooooooooooooooooooooooh Secret World Legends, the F2P revamp that apparently chnges a lot of systems and streamlines a lot of stuff (which the game badly needed) is out, actually excited about this because ht eOG game had an amazing setting and quest structure, but the gameplay and talent tree and whatnot was...not very good.

edit: nvm apparnetly the Steam version is still the old game, the new f2p one wont be on steam until july 31st
Thanks for reminding me. Gonna download Legends and see what changed. Pretty exciting.
Once it's out on Steam you probably can just copy the folder over anyway : P

Got my first refund. Guardians of Ember really is rough ... didn't enjoy it at all. Confirms me in staying away from Early Access games, lol.

Tizoc

Got my first refund. Guardians of Ember really is rough ... didn't enjoy it at all. Confirms me in staying away from Early Access games, lol.

Some EA games run fine though like the Ty games. Ty 1 ran fine and the team was mainly adding in the visual enhancements etc.

I'm not really interested in designing rollercoasters for hours but I love building a perfect park with happy customers (imagine Sim City with a theme park. It's all about the perfect mix of rides, foodstands, toilets, workforce, marketing, ticket pricing, etc. to come out on top as the best park in the country)

You don't know RCT? That's a sin! Go grab it at the Steam Summer Sale! Now! http://store.steampowered.com/app/285310/RollerCoaster_Tycoon_Deluxe/

1) This is the game of your wildest boner.

2) Saving for new components for my PC plus SDCC plus game 3 or expanson for current game.

Probity

Wow Hollow Knight is incredible. I can't believe I hadn't heard of this. Best value of anything I've bought in the sale so far I think.

Hyper Light Drifter is also really really good. What steals.

Pixieking

Banned
Xcom 2 and Civ VI bundle worth it for $42? What's the general consensus on VI versus V?

From what I've played (not much) and what I've read (a lot) VI is 2 steps forward, one step back in comparison to V. There's still AI issues, but I would expect them to keep on improving them as they add DLC. V started out rough but ended up fantastic, so it may be worth getting it now but not playing for a few months, depending upon how much you save getting the bundle now.

Some EA games run fine though like the Ty games. Ty 1 ran fine and the team was mainly adding in the visual enhancements etc.
Guardians of Ember runs "fine" but it feels so rough around the edges. Controls are not very responsive, sound effects seems to be missing. And it wasn't fun to play at all for me.

I also read a lot about the game and how far it is in early access. It's almost finished. So I expected more at this point. But hey, Steam refunds are there for a reason :)

Pixieking

Banned
I'm struggling between Dark Souls 3 on its own or the Deluxe Edition, is the Season Pass worth it ?

Debatable at the discount it's at. I really liked the first DLC, and only kind-of enjoyed the second (which is contrary to most people, I think). I'd say if you're certain you'll enjoy Dark Souls 3, get it, because it's not any worse than the main game, but if not, leave it til you've played it a bit.

MLH

So I picked up Xanadu Next, game takes ages to load (black screen a startup) then during the opening boat scene it just freezes/ hangs. Looked at the discussions page and there's clearly a lot of bugs, a few users reporting the same issue as me but there's no resolution. Very disappointed. Tried updating my drivers (already up-to-date), made sure it's installed correctly, reduced the settings to low. Not sure what else to do... so just requested a refund.

Tizoc

So I picked up Xanadu Next, game takes ages to load (black screen a startup) then during the opening boat scene it just freezes/ hangs. Looked at the discussions page and there's clearly a lot of bugs, a few users reporting the same issue as me but there's no resolution. Very disappointed. Tried updating my drivers (already up-to-date), made sure it's installed correctly, reduced the settings to low. Not sure what else to do... so just requested a refund.

That's a shame, the game runs fine on my end. Does the game try to use your gaming gfx card or your HD Intel card?

Lain

It feels like a student project and makes you realize how good Tenchu is. Stilted and stiff animations and laughable story and cutscenes. Good for a drunk afternoon with a buddy for coop though.

The worst part is none of the kill animations feel satisfying

Wait, I thought Aragami was supposed to be good? Is it really that bad?

So I kinda feel like playing a Metroidvania...

I bought Hollow Knight but it's not really for me so I just put in for a refund...

Ori looks super beautiful but I'm not really good at twitchy platformers...

At this point I'm almost tempted of buying Axiom Verge even if I already have it on PS4 and almost finished it already...

If you haven't played it, I'd suggest checking Ghost 1.0.

Picked up Snake Pass. It has a nice summery vibe and a unique control scheme. Not sure I'll get much value from the time trials but for £8 it seems like it'll make for a nice podcast game to dip in and out of between Overwatch.

U2KjqKj.png

Debatable at the discount it's at. I really liked the first DLC, and only kind-of enjoyed the second (which is contrary to most people, I think). I'd say if you're certain you'll enjoy Dark Souls 3, get it, because it's not any worse than the main game, but if not, leave it til you've played it a bit.

Yes, some of the best bosses in the series are in the dlc.

Well, damn. I guess I'm refunding the base game to get the deluxe edition.

2nd day and narrowed to buying Headlander, Hyper Light Drifter, Xanadu Next, Hollow Knight, Hyperdevotion Noire...Nothing off my wishlist yet lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom