• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

My haul so far:

DDFFDr-XYAAELvb.jpg

Initially I only wanted to buy Nier, Danganronpa and Crosscode...

Great picks mate, hope you enjoy them :D

How many hours of story content to get to the new FFXIV expansion from a new character? Is the story good? This is my first mmo since the Secret World and that was the first one I stuck with.

Am playing that destructive spell class so I can be red mage down the line.

Character creator sucks and is super limited.

Lain

How many hours of story content to get to the new FFXIV expansion from a new character? Is the story good? This is my first mmo since the Secret World and that was the first one I stuck with.

A lot of hours before you can get to the expansions.
I don't think the ARR story is all that good personally, I always considered it average. Supposedly the expansions are better story wise, but I have yet to get to the point where I can start experiencing them.

Majukun

got dead cells,and it's as good as everyone says it is..if you have a passion for rogue-lite games and you don't mind a bit of difficulty,buy it immediately

JMY86

No idea exactly but it is A LOT. I jumped in shortly after the last expansion and it took me around 15-20 hours just to get into the expansion content from the level 50 level cap playing through all the story content. There was a ridiculous amount of quests and grinding to do just to able to access the last expansion. If you jump in now it is going to be a while before you get into the expansion.

MLH

That's a shame, the game runs fine on my end. Does the game try to use your gaming gfx card or your HD Intel card?

Yep, running off my GTX 970. Posted to the steam discussions for the game. Hopefully what little info I provided might help.

Knurek

From Hidden games thread:

If you though Kerbal was too unrealistic, here's a game that depicts potential warfare in space with no silly movie 'physics'.
If hearing delta-vee or Lagrange Point is enough to make you moist, this looks to be the game for you.

Ayumi

Anyone else have problems with comments on your acvitity showing up? If I click to view new comments from my notifications they don't show up (plus it shows the wrong amount of games bought), but if I go to My Name -> My Activity, everything is working fine. I felt bad because Exo thought I had deleted his comments on my status. ;-;

No idea exactly but it is A LOT. I jumped in shortly after the last expansion and it took me around 15-20 hours just to get into the expansion content from the level 50 level cap playing through all the story content. There was a ridiculous amount of quests and grinding to do just to able to access the last expansion. If you jump in now it is going to be a while before you get into the expansion.

Gosh. When I hit lvl 50 my first time I thought I could start HS, but it turns out I had to do the 7th Astral Era Quests first.

Lain

Anyone else have problems with comments on your acvitity showing up? If I click to view new comments from my notifications they don't show up (plus it shows the wrong amount of games bought), but if I go to My Name -> My Activity, everything is working fine. I felt bad because Exo thought I had deleted his comments on my status. ;-;

I had a comment by Wok disappear. I saw it, I had a notification about it, I went to it through the notification and I only got errors.

garath

Bought Motorsport manager for my first sale purchase. Holy crap this game is deep. I haven't even finished the tutorial. My first race I was dead last with one driver and 18th with the other. I did so much wrong it was horrible. I really like the depth but I don't know the sport at all so I'm probably going to be horrible at it and never play again lol. It's so cool though.

Javier23

Banned
Bought Motorsport manager for my first sale purchase. Holy crap this game is deep. I haven't even finished the tutorial. My first race I was dead last with one driver and 18th with the other. I did so much wrong it was horrible. I really like the depth but I don't know the sport at all so I'm probably going to be horrible at it and never play again lol. It's so cool though.
I'm guessing it's deeper than the original mobile version then, which I played and found really fun but disappointingly simple. Cool! I'll consider it adding it to my wishlist then.

Only bought Halo Wars so far. I'm having a great time. The funny thing is back on the 360 the cut scenes were incredible looking with the actual game looking blurry, now it's the opposite. Cut scenes look terrible in comparison to the game running at 4K with 8xAA 😁

So after Guardians of Ember turned out to be not my thing I am looking for some good hack'n'slay diablo-style action. I played most of the games in the genre. Even more obscure stuff like the Soldak-games or Zigfrak. Please no roguelike/lite-stuff. It should have at least a story and a true sense of progession with a start and finish. Any hidden (and I mean well hidden) gems? Currently playing Tree of Saviour here and there.

bgbball31

How is Satellite Reign? I've had it on my wishlist forever because I thought it looked cool, but haven't heard much about it.

Other than it, I think I'm going to pick up the following finally:

OwlBoy
Dragon's Dogma
Salt & Sanctuary
Hyper Light Drifter
Hollow Knight
NeuroVoider
KOTOR II (yes, I played in the OG Xbox long ago, but it's been since then)
Dishonored
Nier: Automata

garath

I'm guessing it's deeper than the original mobile version then, which I played and found really fun but disappointingly simple. Cool! I'll consider it adding it to my wishlist then.

The mobile game is the reason I was interested in this. It seems a lot deeper than that. I got bored of the mobile one after a little while. Still put a full seasons play into that though.

Pachimari

Is there like a good tag to search for if I wanna find licensed games on Steam? Like games that are tied to a license and have a chance of getting delisted in the future? "License" maybe?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks! Unfortunately it seems that discounts info is not always correct, for example PopCap and Summer Sale Puzzles bundles currently -88%, not -50%. Also, it's flooded with movies and tv shows so it's even harder to actually find something good, but it's better than nothing after all.

The discount column shows the default discount of the bundle. The effective discount is going to vary depending on which items you're missing and what individual discounts (if any) are currently active. For example, you're currently seeing 88% off as the bundle discount of 50% applied to the total cost of the games you don't own is equivalent to an 88% discount on the base price of the bundle.

A lot. We're talking about more than 100 hours here. The story in A Realm Reborn is pretty bad and solely consists of meaningless fetch quests. Heavensward is a lot better although it's still nothing spectacular.

I mainly play FFXIV when I am in the mood for some beautiful environments, music and some grinding. I can't really recommend it for the story, especially when you are coming from The Secret World.

So after Guardians of Ember turned out to be not my thing I am looking for some good hack'n'slay diablo-style action. I played most of the games in the genre. Even more obscure stuff like the Soldak-games or Zigfrak. Please no roguelike/lite-stuff. It should have at least a story and a true sense of progession with a start and finish. Any hidden (and I mean well hidden) gems? Currently playing Tree of Saviour here and there.

For diablo style there Grim Dawn, Parh of Exile and the Victor Vran series but I don't think they are hidden gems and PoE is going to release a new free expansion soon finishing it's storyline so you may want to wait before playing it but the game is free so you'll not miss the sale.

So i was thinking of buying Nier but the port sounds really poor for a 40 euro game, is it true the mouse cursor stays in the middle of the screen when using a controller?

So far picked up Shadow of Mordor and Ori Definitive Edition. Might grab more later but with FFXIV keeping me busy for the foreseeable future who knows. I always try and buy now though as the steam sales are really the only time I like to buy games for pc unless I'm super hyped for a new release.

Talyn

What is the best game about hacking currently on sale? I have Uplink in my wishlist but is that one considered the best?
Uplink remains the best hacking sim but its age is showing with a lack of font scaling on modern resolutions that makes it hard to read at anything above 800x600. The UplinkOS mod fixes this but changes the gameplay in a manner that some, including myself, felt was completely unnecessary and made the game harder for no good reason. Hacknet is also good but it's more linear and story driven and once you're done...you're done. Uplink also has a story but you can either participate or ignore it entirely and it will go on without you regardless and you can keep playing after it resolves.

What's the single best Call of Duty for single player? Have not played any of them.
MW for the sheer highs, but my favorite overall is MW2 because that game does not give a fuck about giving a fuck about anything. It's a ridiculous thrill ride where not all moments stick but moments like taking back the White House... Ha.

Also, you get to be RAMIREZ!

Dezzy

Any opinions on Scrap Mechanic or TerraTech? Or any other game where you build/engineer things to overcome challenges. I enjoyed Infinifactory and Factorio. Did not like Big Pharma.

kionedrik

How is Satellite Reign? I've had it on my wishlist forever because I thought it looked cool, but haven't heard much about it.

I liked it quite a lot. It plays like an open world Commandos with competent RPG mechanics. The story is very lite but there's a ton of lore and world building literature that can be found throughout the game.
You explore a city and complete jobs that will grant you cash or blueprints that you can research in order to better equip yourself. Those jobs will also give your agents experience points that can be used to improve their abilities or grant them new ones. How you complete those jobs is entirely up to you: Either sneak in with a solo agent or barge in through the front doors with your entire team, or something else in the middle of these two extremes. All approaches are viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom